What's new
I have a DB15 version that was acting weirdly, up wouldn't work. At first I thought it was my supergun on 2P but I tried my other working UD-USB DB15 and it's working fine.

Tried to update it on my PC, but unfortunately it wont detect and no light turns on. (Following the instructions with the button etc...)

So it's pretty fried, I've opened it up and nothing looks bad to me. I've already purchased a replacement and I have no idea how it got fried, considering my supergun is a RGB HAS. Is there anything I could do to revive it? It's not the biggest deal but if there's something I could try then I'll have a spare for when I get another arcade setup.
If your other one works fine, then that points toward a bum unit. If you want to send it back to me, I can replace it for free. PM me and we'll square up.
-ud

Reactions: nem
Hey UD, sent a PM for one of the USB to DB15 decoders (possibly 2) shipped to Australia please if you have them available

Support for Sony's 2nd release pads (Model CUH-ZCT2U) has been added to the UD-USB & UD-CPS2 firmware (1.4c). Still "beta," as there are a few more controllers I'd like to address for the next major release, but here it is if you want to give it a spin:

https://udgametech.blogspot.com/p/firmware.html

-ud

Reactions: RGB
Hi, how much + shipping to 2 screw units for Brazil, postal code 21920330?
The shipment is same for all the country, you don't need show your zipcode (cep) hehe
He said me that will me around $10 (first class).

how long hould an update take on a decoder its been going for 5 minutes now.

Edit unplugged it and tried again worked fine. updated to newest firmware and works great on my has.

Bought another one undamned and taking my has and decoders to e3 in a couple days.

Btw, is there any chance that you can support PC Keyboard? I used to play Street Fighter 2 on my computer with Mame, would love to see if I can play with my keyboard on my CPS2

Btw, is there any chance that you can support PC Keyboard? I used to play Street Fighter 2 on my computer with Mame, would love to see if I can play with my keyboard on my CPS2
Side note: It's easy (but expensive) to modify a mechanical keyboard and wire it up to a Universal PCB so that you can use it on anything.

I'm not sure how easy it is but if a firmware update that allow pc keyboard support, i would not need to do any mod at all

you can buy/build a hitbox. those will give you keyboard-like controls with the better ergonomics of arcade pushbuttons. There are a handful of vendors offering DIY cases already.

What causes a UD USB to not power up? Are there any fusible links on the VCC/VDD lines? Someone said their UD USB isn't powering up when being plugged in to his HAS.

What causes a UD USB to not power up? Are there any fusible links on the VCC/VDD lines? Someone said their UD USB isn't powering up when being plugged in to his HAS.
No fuses. Assuming the decoder has not been damaged, a solid 5V is present, and the controller they are plugging in has been proven working on another system, it's possible that the controller is not supported by my driver. If they don't have a controller plugged in, there will be no LEDs then, either.
-ud

Back