What's new

opt2not

Multi Boyz Pixeler
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Hey all, I've tried repairing these myself but I'm frustrated and given up.

Bubble Bobble doesn't want to boot. I get good voltage to the IC's, but I'm out of my league on finding what else is wrong.

MVS-1FZ was working, then the audio stopped. I replaced the Amp, and the Audio chip YM-something after reading a bunch of repair logs. Now when I turn it on there is still no audio and some carts keeps resetting. My bootleg puzzle Bobble cart works without audio, but my 120-in-1 cart constantly resets.

I'm so bummed on both of these boards that I've given up trying to fix it myself. The timing on my mvs failures is terrible with the DS's multi just around the corner.

I'd rather pay some genius guy who knows what he's doing than making this worse.
I guess this is why I've stuck to being an artist. :(

Do you still come up to Vancouver? If so I can take a swing at it.

I come up every so often, but I just actually got back from a recent visit.
My next trip won't be till September for a friend's wedding. :(

Bump! Still on the look-out for some repair servicing!

Try using a neo diagnostic bios. That can give you a better info at what is failing on the board.

Hmm I only have the Universal bios installed. Not sure if the diagnostics are in that bios but I'll check.

(I don't have the ability or knowledge to burn my own EPROMs)

its bios and a cart combo. unibios doesnt have this feature brah

opt2not....visit here...http://www.arcadecomponents.com/index.html

That's Raymond Jett...Probably the best board level tech in DFW...goes by channelmanic/channelmaniac on the forums (klov, etc).....can easily repair bubble bobble and neo boards.

I have had many boards go through him for repair, and can vouch for him 100%.

Just be polite, and remember its his side gig...he should give you an expected wait time if he can take on new work right now.

He is fair priced, and do tell him, that I sent him your way.....I don't get referral bonuses, i just like to let him know im looking out!

its bios and a cart combo. unibios doesnt have this feature brah
ah ok. Anyone have this combo to lend me?

opt2not....visit here...http://www.arcadecomponents.com/index.html

That's Raymond Jett...Probably the best board level tech in DFW...goes by channelmanic/channelmaniac on the forums (klov, etc).....can easily repair bubble bobble and neo boards.

I have had many boards go through him for repair, and can vouch for him 100%.

Just be polite, and remember its his side gig...he should give you an expected wait time if he can take on new work right now.

He is fair priced, and do tell him, that I sent him your way.....I don't get referral bonuses, i just like to let him know im looking out!
Thanks, I've contacted Raymond a little while ago (about a month) . He's been really busy, and said to contact him later. Later came, but he said to contact him again in a couple more weeks. We talked about my BB board, but I'm afraid if I ask him to fix my MVS as well, he might just decline me altogether.

Nah...just bare with him....see if you can send both together. I promise, he's worth waiting for...but it is is side gig. His main gig involve him having a CCIE...so it keeps him hopping. A couple people on another forum, got fussy with him about the delay, and made his banned list.....not someplace i'd ever want to be.

If you can't wait...Eugene Mosh, whos on many of the Facebook arcade group pages is also very good from what I've heard. I don't know how much he knows about Neo and Taito...as his focus was mainly older Atari....but could be worth a shot if you can't get in with Raymond in the timeframe you need.

:D Cheers!

Thanks dude. Yeah I'm not in a rush, and I definitely don't want to be on his ban list.

I've had this BB board in this shape for so long now. I can wait another few months if that's what it takes. As for the MVS, I'll try to mention it to him in a couple weeks.

Cheers for the advice.

Back