What's new

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
So I was looking through yaton's sold listings on eBay. He's been selling off a lot of interesting stuff lately (including a number of DIMM update discs like the elusive GD-0023A). However, what caught my eye, is this thing:

s-l1600.jpg

Anyone know what this is?

For the record if it ever resurfaces as a one of a kind proto, it went for 20 bucks.

Attachments

• s-l1601.jpg
    s-l1601.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 498
It is speculated that it is an undumped Atomiswave "kid's rid-on" game. The recently dumped Animal Basket was found on a similar PCB (which is of Sega make, not Sammy).

Stay tuned to the usual channels. I'm sure there will be news once it is determined what the contents of the roms are.

Not sure if this is true for this. Back in the day when he was operating arcade in China. He would get the manufacturer to send him the pcb and he would manufacture the case to get around the Japan/China import/export law. This was true for the MVS cart. It would be interesting to see what this end up being.

Its probably a sega bass fishing or extreme hunting, both of which i do not want, lol
That guy is a genius selling them without the case. Cases are being reused for boots :D

He's selling a Sun PSU pretty cheap too if anyone is in need of one, tested working apparently

Its probably a sega bass fishing or extreme hunting, both of which i do not want, lol
correct answer was already given in this topic. read text stamped on CPLD then search it in MAME sources ;)

not that type of games people expecting from Atomiswave, but price is quite fair, I've seen this game cart on ebay iirc for ~10x more.

I guess one could rewrite the flashes and have a better game running there.

if anyone still interested - one of these rom boards, this one, was dumped and added to MAME.
as was expected, the game is "Animal Basket / Hustle Tamaire Kyousou", it turned out a bit earlier version (Jan 19 2005) than already dumped (Jan 24 2005).

I guess one could rewrite the flashes and have a better game running there.
I'm afraid typical AW games won't fit in this ROM board (x4 128mbit flash ROMs = 64MB), I think its only SushiBar is small enough to fit in this size.

Last edited:
I can add a little more to this as i got 2 of these
one was Animal Basket the other was WAI WAI DRIVE some kind of kiddie redemption driving game could be undumped ???
And the number stamped on the cpld ic wont tell you what game it is as they all have the same number stamped on them.

@truxpin
good find! you confirmed my initial assumption - AW kiddie/redemption games uses same rom board and CPLD. so its similar to Sega-made games - Bass Challenge, Clay Challenge, Extreeme Hunting 2, there was used same CPLD/encryption key for several games too (different than Animal Basket).

right, WaiWaiDrive game is undumped. you may contact @brizzo if you wish to get it preserved.

Very exciting news @truxpin !!

I bid and won the initial auction yanton listed for these, was hoping we would find something special!

MetalliC and I worked together to build a software based cartridge backup method, so if you send it to me for backup it will return to you as it left :D

Back