What's new

ekorz

Multi Boyz 4 Pi
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I see two Time Crisis 3 gun i/o boards out there... v185 and v291. They look really similar. The TC3 manual lists the v185 on the wiring diagram, but folks out there's seem to sell the v291 as the actual TC3 io board. Anyone know which it is? Maybe they both work? Planning to use a 246c if that matters. Thanks!

As usual, I'm behind, but keep me bugged, I have an entire TC3 DX cabinet wiring and IO kit that I've rewired for test simplicity.
I'll see if there's any chance of pulling the Io boards out soon.. I think I also have the alternate board as well, but I can't recall offhand.

As usual, I'm behind, but keep me bugged, I have an entire TC3 DX cabinet wiring and IO kit that I've rewired for test simplicity.
I'll see if there's any chance of pulling the Io boards out soon.. I think I also have the alternate board as well, but I can't recall offhand.
well shit, if even you don't know how they're different then I bet both work. maybe I should buy one of each and find out.

Hah I don't have my notes handy... what kind of setup are you working with? Camera based?

I can confirm that the V185 i/o board works in both TC2 and TC3 But there appears to be 2 different i/o boards labeled as V291 1 type looks like a v185 with a paper label stuck over the original board markings remarking it as V291 this type should also work with TC3 the other V291 i/o is the one used in CRISIS ZONE and uses a different gun system using a camera and i doubt it will work with TC3.

I can confirm that the V185 i/o board works in both TC2 and TC3 But there appears to be 2 different i/o boards labeled as V291 1 type looks like a v185 with a paper label stuck over the original board markings remarking it as V291 this type should also work with TC3 the other V291 i/o is the one used in CRISIS ZONE and uses a different gun system using a camera and i doubt it will work with TC3.
Nice. I noticed one looked like a 185 with a label. Any idea if it's functionally different in any way? Maybe updated firmware or something? The crisis zone one looks like it has different connectors.

Hah I don't have my notes handy... what kind of setup are you working with? Camera based?
I am actually building this into my desk at work. Supergun with a pvm. Maybe I'm crazy. What do you mean by 'camera based'? Just gonna do TC3 with the optical guns I have had for years (I was going to convert them to aimtrak for emulation at one point, but now I'm into actual hardware)

Back