What's new

8bitplus

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi. This is a little hard to explain but I'll give it a go.

I have a working netbooting Naomi setup, but the NetDimm only connects at 10mbps. I spent ages trying to get it working originally, making various crossover cables again and again. Nothing would work until I connected the Dimm to a router Dim and noted that the LED was a different colour indicating a 10mbps connection. From that point I got everything working.
Later when I setup a Raspberry Pi I needed to setup ifconfig to 10mbps mode. Again working, although at half speed. Takes ages to load a game.

Now I'm wondering why my NetDimm only connects at 10mbps. There is no viable setting to change this in the menu, and everyone else can use theirs at full speed.

I'm wondering of the setting may be in the underlying OS of the NetDimm, in VxWorks.

My Netdimm is 4.02 bios. 256mb. and is happy at full or half duplex connections (provided its at 10mbps)

I'd be interested in knowing what people here think. Has anyone got experience in VxWorks?

I may be wrong, but afair, netdimms only support 10Mbps.

interesting... perhaps mine is not doing something like Auto Negotiate on the connection.
basically until I set the Pi or Laptop to 10bpms I have no connection. I cannot find any mention of anyone else needing to do this

Hi
It could be that when this was designed, they used hubs instead of switches. This could be the issue. Are you getting a lot of collisions on the port?

Even if the NetDIMM is only runs at 10Mbps I've never had any problems using them with the Pi, crossover cables, my Laptop or even routers/switches that are setup for 100 or even Gigabit speed connections.

Even if the NetDIMM is only runs at 10Mbps I've never had any problems using them with the Pi, crossover cables, my Laptop or even routers/switches that are setup for 100 or even Gigabit speed connections.
Same. My setup is through a gigibit router->gigabit switch. But, I have only ever used transfergame.exe over wifi to load games. Perhaps give transfergame.exe to see if you get different results?

Ok so it sounds normal then. Just wanted to check.
Thanks

Back