What's new

Maruchan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i recently purchased some LS-32-01s for my blast city. It originally had JLFs in it and i wanted to try something different since i always used JLFS. Now that i got these new sticks , i ran into a problem on mounting them. It seems the holes dont line up to mount compared to the JLFS. Has anyone had any recommendations on what i should try doing. I looked into changing out the mounting plates on the joysticks, but i dont think i can even find the right one since the holes look like they are too close compared to most mounting plates :(.

EDIT: Well, i tried emailing arcadeshock the website i got them from , and i sent them some pics of how it mounts just like this thread and i guess they are stumped too because they haven't replied to me anymore lol.

4FhCnyW.jpg

V7dhOsM.jpg

e6kO1jf.jpg

ZmSz1Y4.jpg

Q5kiQZC.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there's no easy way of mounting them. The body of the stick is larger than the width of the mounting holes.

If you want a Seimitsu stick that will fit, there's the LS-56-01 that comes with the VF mounting plate as standard.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way of mounting them. The body of the stick is larger than the width of the mounting holes.

If you want a Seimitsu stick that will fit, there's the LS-56-01 that comes with the VF mounting plate as standard.
What a bummer :(

I guess i wont be using these sticks and now they will just collect dust .... Thanks for the answer @nem

do you happen to know if the Ball top thread is the same? i bought balltops for them too and would like to use them on the LS56 if they are the same size

Last edited:
the threads are the same,
you could sell the stick on, they fit really nicely on a lot of cocktail cabs.
atleast they do if you have the rectangular flat plat - not sure how easy it would be with the offset plate.

seimitsu sticks come in 2 options,
-00 = regular microswitches.
-01 = pcb-mounted switches with the 5pin JST connectors.

The LS-56 feels a bit different than a 32, I used them for about a year and then went back to JLFs with a 1.5lb spring, octogate and an oversized actuator. I've tried pretty much every type of stick and as much as I love Seimitsu gear, for me and my shooties the JLF wins out every time.

The LS-56 feels a bit different than a 32, I used them for about a year and then went back to JLFs with a 1.5lb spring, octogate and an oversized actuator. I've tried pretty much every type of stick and as much as I love Seimitsu gear, for me and my shooties the JLF wins out every time.
different? By different , do you mean stiffer ? Or???

I think there's more slop like a stock jlf. The switch engage is faster than a LS-32 but the stick overall is sloppier if that makes sense.

Perhaps the Kowal Flat Plate Converter? - Just a thought, I haven't personally tried it.

"I have used this plate to change from Sanwa to Seimitsu joysticks in a Sega New Astro City cabinet and a hori diamond vlx arcade stick. rpgposer on Oct 6th 2016 "

I have a NAC with a control panel fitted for jlf's but I use seimitsu ls-32.
I use this and it works perfectly:
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/para...-universal-arcade-joystick-adapter-plate.html

You dont think the big blue body part of the LS0-32-01 will block the holes to mount it to the arcade itself?

if you look at the pictures i posted , it looks like the joystick itself already blocks the mounting holes. Maybe you can post some pics of how you got yours in ?

Perhaps the Kowal Flat Plate Converter? - Just a thought, I haven't personally tried it.

"I have used this plate to change from Sanwa to Seimitsu joysticks in a Sega New Astro City cabinet and a hori diamond vlx arcade stick. rpgposer on Oct 6th 2016 "

This was my original plan, but i couldve sworn that i read somewhere that the holes will be blocked if i put that plate to my joystick then try and mount it to the arcade itself

Last edited:
I think there's more slop like a stock jlf. The switch engage is faster than a LS-32 but the stick overall is sloppier if that makes sense.

Im guessing you mean the activation area or "deadzone" from when its in neutral to when you move it to any direction?

Not the best picture and my mount has the 4 holes on the outside so mine is easier to mount but...
I checked mine and if you remove the SS plate you'll be left with just the blue plastic block. The universal plate has a hole on each side for your mount.
What I would do is put the screws in from the bottom of your mount to the joystick plate. Then the washer can be finger tightened as the holes on either side have just enough clearance

Not the best picture and my mount has the 4 holes on the outside so mine is easier to mount but...
I checked mine and if you remove the SS plate you'll be left with just the blue plastic block. The universal plate has a hole on each side for your mount.
What I would do is put the screws in from the bottom of your mount to the joystick plate. Then the washer can be finger tightened as the holes on either side have just enough clearance
I kinda see what you mean by tightening from under the plate? If you look at the first picture i posted, the two holes are where the joystick screws in . Unlike yours , i cant put the screws in from the bottom then put a nut on top to tighten it. The gap in to put a screw under the control panel part is too small to put a screw there.

in the picture below is your picture, the circled part is where mine needs to screw in. i think that the blue part is still blocking it from screwing in, even if you get one side in, the other side will be blocked from allowing you to put in the other side. i tried putting the two screws i have in the holes first then just putting the joystick in between them to see if there is a gap big enough and it doesnt look like there is.

RM2NkjU.jpg

What if you put the screw in first before mounting the seimitsu onto the universal adapter? Then add the joystick to the universal adapter, mount it to the control panel and tighten with a washer.
You are right, there's no way you're going to get a screw in there after attaching the joystick to the adapter.

What if you put the screw in first before mounting the seimitsu onto the universal adapter? Then add the joystick to the universal adapter, mount it to the control panel and tighten with a washer.
You are right, there's no way you're going to get a screw in there after attaching the joystick to the adapter.
If I do it the way you say now. I won't be able to attach the adapter to the joystick. I can do the plate to the the panel, but the joystick mounts to the plate from under it. So then I would have to put the screws under the plate . But again the gap would be too small

So you were never able to get the LS-32s in your blast city? I just got a blast city and it has sanwas but want to switch them out for seimitsu ls-32s. I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure what kind of plate would fit and I came across this thread.

So you were never able to get the LS-32s in your blast city? I just got a blast city and it has sanwas but want to switch them out for seimitsu ls-32s. I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure what kind of plate would fit and I came across this thread.
No sir, they are currently sitting in my closet lol. I think I need a different control panel to get it to work. Even if there is a plate to make it work with my control panel that I currently have , the stick would be too short itself and would be weird to try and use.

I ended up just using some sanwa jlfs.

Last edited:
Back