What's new

corey

Professional
Reaction score
Hey every made a little tool for converting Fast IO inputs to Keyboard so you can use your fast io cards with nikos multi

To use it just rename this file to ttxjvs.exe and replace the same named file in the ttxmulti folder on nikos multi.
You will also need to copy over a iDmacDrv32.dll from one of the games or the system32 folder on nikos multi.

This is a precompiled version with the key inputs to mimic nikos jvs tool so its compatible for his menu.

https://mega.nz/#!4K4gWIAY!Ud4cX9vxQTV3emoVKEACpy9pJXRAp9X6VkWEw9gMZP8

This is the source code and can be edited similar to my update to nikos multi to change the key output so it could possible be used for PC games/MAME on the TTX. sorry but you are on your own though if you endeavor to do this.
In the future i might look at doing a Fast IO to JVS so playing the older TTXs game with fast io is possible.

https://github.com/fatal-bundy/FastIO2KB

Want to give a big shout out to niko as i used some of his code as it fitted perfectly with this as well and well i would have either written it the same or worse lol

ps.
@Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w would it be possible to get a TTXs tools sticky going to link to all the different TTX based tools/app.

Last edited:
updated original post with a new and correct git details for the source code

very nice Corey!

I'm this will be very useful for lots of people

I'm trying to get what fastio actually is but I'm drawing a blank..

Can anyone do an executive summary for a slow person? :)

• JVS is rs485 + sense on the physical layer, fast io is..?
  • JVS has a shared bus, fast io has..?
  • JVS has master and slave, sends frames initiated by the master, fast IO does..?

I'm trying to get what fastio actually is but I'm drawing a blank..

Can anyone do an executive summary for a slow person? :)

• JVS is rs485 + sense on the physical layer, fast io is..?
  • JVS has a shared bus, fast io has..?
  • JVS has master and slave, sends frames initiated by the master, fast IO does..?
FastIO is a different set of hardware from JVS.

A FastIO setup consist of at least 2 pieces.
1.) A PCI-E controller card that plugs into the motherboard of the X2 (iDmac)
2.) A FastIO PCB

In its simplest form, an iDmac controller can address two FastIO PCBs. Each I/O PCB being on its own bus. The iDmac controller card has its own library which can be used for polling inputs.

I'm not really a hardware guy, so unfortunately I cant really comment on the system from a lower level.

Fast io is very different from jvs.

The idmac which stands for intelligent direct memory access controller and does exactly what the name suggests it directly accesses system memory.

The idmac connects to the fast io device via and ethernet cable and uses LVDS as its communication protocol which is a high speed/bandwidth protocol normally used in laptop displays.

Between the fast io and the idmac i now very little about as i dont have the required tools or knowledge regarding that.

But from the game side of things i have done alot of work.
In comparison to jvs the the polling and game actually reading the values has been spilt and are independent of each other. The fast io card polls the input then edits its memory region which is handled away from the systems cpu then the game requests the region of memory from the driver and then reads that memory. From memory the game requests the memory region and updates its input struct about 10000 times a second. Which translates to a near input "lag" free experiance with very little over head in comparison to jvs.

As for what the button inputs look like to the game it is very similar to jvs and just uses a dword (32bit number) and each active bit represents an input.

My other fast io tool is probably a better example of how it all works.

Edit:
Im not the best at explaining things so if something isnt clear or you want to know more info dont hesitate to ask away :P

Last edited:
the link for the sourcecode is down.....
could u reup this, please?

Updated thread with new link to repo on github

tested the program,
my configuration is w7 64 bit with typex3 fast i/o Card.
controls work for player1, sadly not for Player2 ......

edit: ok, Problem solved..., Player2 was not configured in the source, Offsets with commands for p2 was missing..........

Last edited:
How would one go about using this without the multi? Just on Windows generally.

So i have the compiled exe file fast2kb.exe but i can't seem to make it do anything.

Can anyone help a not so smart guy?

It works fine if you recompile yours.
Btw, Coin button is missing in struct JVSKEY.
Anyway, I use Service button.

Thanks for your work.
I have player 2 working on Taito Fast I/O AMP with your prog :)
Just need the coin button [astrocity]
Is it possible to add it ?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your work.
I have player 2 working on Taito Fast I/O AMP with your prog :)
Just need the coin button [astrocity]
Is it possible to add it ?
Thanks in advance.

Oh, nice !

You mean you have soldered 2 x Fast io boards on the same Jamma fingerboard as player 1 & player 2 ?

@Murray are you in touch with @corey by any chance? We have a long-standing unfinished transaction but he stopped responding since October... was wondering firstly if he’s ok.

Thanks mate, if anyone on these forums is in touch with him could you please pass on that message. Cheers.

The sources on github have been updated (great ^^)
But, when i launch the exe, it's missing the config.ini. (but when i have compiled, no ini with the exe)
Found in the source config.ini but when i open it, only this :

[controls]
P1_UP=0x23

Do i make one ? Is it possible to help me ? (i have lost my dd with the older sources who have compiled my lost fast2kb.)

That's for playing again my contra game (can't change the input that's why i try to compile new fast2kb).
Found old source on other hdd, but when i change up,down,left and right to w,s,a,d on game it's not working (but bouton 1,2 and 3 are working).

Last edited:
Back