What's new
Two quick questions.. Is there an installation upgrade guide, for legacy users to get the newer key writing features? And secondly, are replacement buttons for the control panel available for purchase? I'm kind of learning everything all at once after purchasing a pre-modded setup early last year....

Two quick questions.. Is there an installation upgrade guide, for legacy users to get the newer key writing features? And secondly, are replacement buttons for the control panel available for purchase? I'm kind of learning everything all at once after purchasing a pre-modded setup early last year....
1.Install instructions are here
2.Key writing install instructions are here and you can see & understand how can be done from the others guys experiences
3.If you have any trouble with your multi kit,you can check this theard.Here are many great things you can learn about this multi

I appreciate the help. That answers my questions except for the replacement buttons...

These aren't the buttons I'm hunting for. I'm looking for the buttons on the little game selector screen for the Darksoft CPS2 Multi.

Greetings!

Can someone please clarify for me if the B board I want to use the multi kit on needs to be suicided?

Thanks

Greetings!

Can someone please clarify for me if the B board I want to use the multi kit on needs to be suicided?

Thanks
Installing the kit requires removal of the suicide battery. This will cause the board to suicide, if it's not already there. Prior to the discovery of key rewriting, it was discouraged to use fully working games, but at this point most people don't care because we know how to restore keys (even better than original, with no battery at this point courtesy of @undamned and his Infinikey). That might be why you're seeing references to needing a suicided B board.

Optionally after install, you can add wires that enable the writing of the decryption keys and thus use of the encrypted, unmodified romsets, meaning the game will be 100% identical to an original unsuicided game. Alternatively, you can skip that and use the old rom pack which is full of Avalaunch decrypted rom sets.

Hi everyone,

I have recently acquired a Marvel vs Capcom board that I've just discovered is Revision 5 and has a G Pal. It also still has it's original battery. I'm ready to order my multi kit from Save Your Games but just wanted to double check I'm checking the right boxes in the order.

Also I want to install the key writing to run decrypted roms.

Available Options

4 wires adapter for Multi-CPS2 Key writing Cable
I can't select an option for this.

LCD CASE
Blue

PAL
I can't select an option for this.

Long cable
Long cable

MEMORY CARD
Micro SD 8 GB

Does the 4 wire adapter for key writing come automatically? I believe my PAL is correct on my board so I'm not worried about this option. Am I missing anything?

Thanks

I didn't get anything with my order re key writing, if you're referring to the wires and connector.

I checked his site and this option is not available, so he's not offering them right now. The Same for the PAL. These are optional items which are not hard to source locally.

@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES

I recently bought a Darksoft CPS2 board from HighScoreSaves along with a G Pal. Additionally, I also obtained a CPS2 A board and a suicided untested B board. The B board is a -4 board and wired to work with the G Pal as per instructions at

Since I am tesing the Darksoft CPS2 kit, i tried a few games from the CPS2 rollup base pack along with the Punisher CPS1 as detailed at BOUNTY: CPS1.5 games (with Q-Sound) on CPS2 multi

I was testing the punisher and found it to be a bit different than

In my case, I get no sound in the intro video. The sounds only start to play once i do a select and start the game with a character.

I tried both the versions at:-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g90g545m8asuam7/punisher_cps2.7z
http://www.mediafire.com/file/paq9ql8a7baksq1/punisher_cps2.rar

Since i am unsure about my B board, I wanted to know if someone has tried the above punisher roms on their multi and if they get sound during the intro?

If sound does play in the intro, is there any component on the b board that i can check which could have failed?

For the rollup pack, i believe the sounds do play in most of the q-sound games. On Aliens Vs Predator, the sound does not play in the intro and only starts once i start the game.

I don't have a reference video to compare against so wondering if people can advise whether i have an issue or everything seems normal.

Besides the above, the video seems to be fine and the controls too. I can play games. Another thing that i have noticed is that once i press the test button on the CPS2 A board, the menu comes up. The up/down keys work but i am unable to get into any of the menu options as none of the other controller inputs work. I have a Has Supergun and for the controllers, i am using undamned usb decoder with a snes 8bitdo adapter for a 8bitdo snes bluetooth controller.

I also have a brook neogeo adapter for ps3 controller and using both these setups, i can't get into a menu option.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I recently bought a Darksoft CPS2 board from HighScoreSaves along with a G Pal. Additionally, I also obtained a CPS2 A board and a suicided untested B board. The B board is a -4 board and wired to work with the G Pal as per instructions at

Since I am tesing the Darksoft CPS2 kit, i tried a few games from the CPS2 rollup base pack along with the Punisher CPS1 as detailed at BOUNTY: CPS1.5 games (with Q-Sound) on CPS2 multi

I was testing the punisher and found it to be a bit different than

In my case, I get no sound in the intro video. The sounds only start to play once i do a select and start the game with a character.

I tried both the versions at:-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g90g545m8asuam7/punisher_cps2.7z
http://www.mediafire.com/file/paq9ql8a7baksq1/punisher_cps2.rar

Since i am unsure about my B board, I wanted to know if someone has tried the above punisher roms on their multi and if they get sound during the intro?

If sound does play in the intro, is there any component on the b board that i can check which could have failed?

For the rollup pack, i believe the sounds do play in most of the q-sound games. On Aliens Vs Predator, the sound does not play in the intro and only starts once i start the game.

I don't have a reference video to compare against so wondering if people can advise whether i have an issue or everything seems normal.

Besides the above, the video seems to be fine and the controls too. I can play games. Another thing that i have noticed is that once i press the test button on the CPS2 A board, the menu comes up. The up/down keys work but i am unable to get into any of the menu options as none of the other controller inputs work. I have a Has Supergun and for the controllers, i am using undamned usb decoder with a snes 8bitdo adapter for a 8bitdo snes bluetooth controller.

I also have a brook neogeo adapter for ps3 controller and using both these setups, i can't get into a menu option.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
For what you want to happen, you must push the TEST BUTTON from your supergun and then to enter in the System Configuration , there you must enable DEMO SOUNDS and then exit . This happened everytime when you want flash in the CPS2 memory "Punisher" or another game from the CPS2 collection. Nothing wrong with your kit or the "Punisher" roms. Cheers ^^

Thanks @AlxUnderBase I’ll give this a try tonight. Will the test button behavior on HAS supergun be different than the test button behavior on the A board?

With the test button on my A board, only the up and down buttons worked. I could not select a menu option

Back