What's new
Just placed an order at Paradise Arcade. Took a long time for the pages to load, but thankfully it never crapped out on me and the order went through. Always wanted to get into the CPS2 foray, but didn't want to deal with the battery changes, etc. Nor did i want to go the Phoenix route and have some stupid little splash screen added. I love that this kit does not alter the games and just lets you play them like normal. Not sure if the time release items for games such as SFA3 is saved when you switch games, but I guess a quick foray into the ROM files will let that be adjusted.

Now time to go and buy a USA a-Board and a dead US B-board. i am NOT going to be killing a working game for this. Thank you so much DarkSoft and Mitsurugi-w!

One stupid little question here from a soon to be possessor of this great kit. :)

To load up the games into the board, what needs to be done aside from writing a specific file directory to a 4 GB micro flash card? Is this information contained in the package with the multi-kit? Wondering if the bevy of MAME roms i have for this system can be used as-is, or if they need to be handled any specific way.

Got plenty of time to think about it and research it as my stupid dumb ass saw a listing on e-bay for a dead XMVSF board for $95 including shipping. What I thought was an A-board with it was actually just the underside of the B-Board. Lol. Guess that's what you get for shopping on e-bay after a few beers. Need to find me a US/Japan A-Board to use now.

MAME roms will not work. You will need to download one of the rom packs we have provided for use with this kit. The information thread has most important info in the first post.

Okay, thanks guys. Good to know. i did download the large file (Avalaunch_CPS2_for_Darksoft_Multi_150531.rar) from a thread in here, so I'll go ahead and use that. I guess when updates are made to the sets available, I just need to update the micro card. Seems pretty simple.

My multi-kit shipped today from Paradise Arcade Shop. Have the dead B-board on the way to me too. (Figure I'll be able to find a working Japan/USA A-Board pretty easily. I hope. :) lol )

Okay, thanks guys. Good to know. i did download the large file (Avalaunch_CPS2_for_Darksoft_Multi_150531.rar) from a thread in here, so I'll go ahead and use that. I guess when updates are made to the sets available, I just need to update the micro card. Seems pretty simple.

My multi-kit shipped today from Paradise Arcade Shop. Have the dead B-board on the way to me too. (Figure I'll be able to find a working Japan/USA A-Board pretty easily. I hope. :) lol )
Let us know if you need any support installing the kit.

At the paradise arcade shop there's 3 kits, torx, extension cable and pal. What are the differences and which should I buy? I have a suicided D&D Shadows over Mystera board I plan on using.

At the paradise arcade shop there's 3 kits, torx, extension cable and pal. What are the differences and which should I buy? I have a suicided D&D Shadows over Mystera board I plan on using.
Those are the three optional things you can buy also.

G pal
Torx bit to open case
Longer lcd cable.

The site is setup incorrectly. You should be able to add all three if necessary not just one. We are contacting them.

Let us know if you need any support installing the kit.
Thanks Darksoft. Will do. The kit should be in my hands either tomorrow or Tuesday. Still don't have an A-Board yet so it'll be a while before I turn it on, but a dead B-Board should also arrive tomorrow as well so I can at least put the kit onto the B-Board.

Just have a really quick question, and I'm sure I'm just worrying too much and this is normal during the holiday season, but what should be done if the USPS totally mangles the shipment, or completely loses it? Per the tracking number I got, the kit left Minnesota at 7:50 PM on the 19th, and was scheduled for delivery on the 22nd. The tracking information has not yet been updated. (Meanwhile, I have had many other shipments via USPS shipped and received during the same time). As I don't yet have my A/B board it's not a huge deal (and the flyback on my monitor just basically blew up on me so I need to replace it. Quite the fireworks show! :) )

Not sure myself but I have a box I sent monday that hasn't even been scanned once yet.

It got scanned a few hours ago bro.

Yea usps has been really backed up in the last month. I wouldn't be surprised if they are 1 to 3 days late with deliveries.

They've been really really bad. I bought a shirt from a gentleman on KLOV shipped priority, it got scanned in on the 17th of November and didn't leave Pittsburgh until the 14th of Dec. Likewise I sent out three items in state with 2-day priority and they each took 4-6 business days.

USPS got back to me. Their response? Your package left St. Paul, MN on the 19th and we have no further updates for this. Please be patient and wait until after the Christmas Holiday.

So I guess due to the Christmas rush they shipped it by bicycle. Lol. That's why it's taking 5+ days to get halfway across the country. Heh. Oh well. Now I'll just hope that it eventually arrives in one piece, and not multiple pieces of shrapnel. Lol.

Those are the three optional things you can buy also.
G pal
Torx bit to open case
Longer lcd cable.

The site is setup incorrectly. You should be able to add all three if necessary not just one. We are contacting them.
Couldn't wait so i ordered the G Pal. I would love to get the longer LCD cable -- please let me know where/how I can get that separately.

Back