What's new
Ah, gotcha. I've edited my post to reflect this info!

Is there a case in which the key writing QSB is needed now?

I just realized that I will need to buy connectors and wires for connecting J18 on the CPS2 Multi with C9 on the B board. Does anyone have a link to recommended connectors / wires? If possible, I want to have a single connector instead of using individual DuPont wires.
I would just hit up @Lemony Vengeanceand ask him to make you one. Just be sure to ask him for connectors on both ends.
Harnesses and other adapters by Lemony Vengeance
Can anyone link to where i can buy the cable needed to write the keys?
Tony, I would see the above recommendation I made above. Or just use Dupont connectors; they are cheap, easy, and clean just not AS cheap, easy, and clean as a JST to JST custom harness.

~Paik

I've received my round 2 kit today, looking forward to installing it. One question, is the LCD slightly bigger this time round? It doesn't quite fit in my printed holder (Gen 1)

I've received my round 2 kit today, looking forward to installing it. One question, is the LCD slightly bigger this time round? It doesn't quite fit in my printed holder (Gen 1)
it's the same, in the box that I sell fit the same of the old ones

We actually discovered in hursit's metal case thread that there have been 2 slightly different sizes of the LCD going way back. So it's not that it's with Round 2, more that it could've happened at any time.

We actually discovered in hursit's metal case thread that there have been 2 slightly different sizes of the LCD going way back. So it's not that it's with Round 2, more that it could've happened at any time.
not exactly...

two very minor changes occurred over a year ago.
1. the LCD changed slightly and had a slightly larger metal cage
2. the PCB wasn't as cleanly cut and would sometimes have nubs sticking out on the edges.

in both instances if the case was design to fit tightly around the PCB or the LCD cage it would have fitment issues.

It's unclear what 3D Printed case @cps2 is using on his kit, I know there are at least 3 different designs floating out there.
the DogP case was the first one, then I made mine (which is what Save your Games sells), and High-Score Saves has another design.

My design should fit properly with all versions of the LCD module, I can't speak to the others though.

Thanks for the help, my LCD case is very old dating back to when I picked up my first Darksoft CPS2 (2015). I've very gently filed the lcd hole and it fits perfectly now.

I have to say the the gen 2 is a thing of beauty. literally a 5 min job to install (on my rev 7 B board). Thanks Darksoft for improving on perfection, thanks to Aldo at SaveYourGames (super fast delivery).

I have to say the the gen 2 is a thing of beauty. literally a 5 min job to install (on my rev 7 B board). Thanks Darksoft for improving on perfection, thanks to Aldo at SaveYourGames (super fast delivery).
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Everyone seems to be out of stock.
everyone? who is selling these other than me?

I'll add you to the notify list when I have more available. I've got an enormous back log from the MODE mounts I designed so it will be a few weeks before I have the capacity to print anything else.

Ok so maybe this doesn’t go here but.... I decided to make a custom wrap for the lid of my darksoft CPS2 multi. I feel like I should have put darksoft’s logo above the capcom one and meant to message him to ask but I digress.....

DCD9FDA1-A469-46E9-84F1-4B2976A46BFB.jpeg

Back