What's new
Thanks @AlxUnderBase I’ll give this a try tonight. Will the test button behavior on HAS supergun be different than the test button behavior on the A board?

With the test button on my A board, only the up and down buttons worked. I could not select a menu option
the same thing . no matter what test button you will use

Thanks @AlxUnderBase. The instructions provided by you to go through the test menu helped restore the demo sounds. Now it matches up with the Punisher youtube vioeo.

@Darksoft/@'Mitsurugi-w' Thanks for making this kit along with the videos to go over the setup. It's wonderful and very convenient. Eagerly waiting for the CPS1 kit to be available.

So i have been testing the CPS2 kit installation and i think i'm running into an issue that i would need help with. I uploaded a video on the issue that i'm seeing with my setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2DAqKx-PCA

It seems like every game has an audio issue. I'm sure this would have come up before and someone can point me in the right direction to get this fixed. Would @Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w have any pointers on what could be broken? Is this an issue with the A board, the B board or possibly on the kit that i have got. The A board is a japan board and the B board is 93646B-4. I purchased the B board as untested a while ago and am not sure if there is something broken on it and i need to get another B board. The A board was purchased from a member on the KLOV forum who mentioned that it was working board so possibly this should be fine.

I have checked the jumpers multiple times with a multimeter doing a continuity test and they are shoted/open as per the guide SOOS SO OSOSOS SOSOSOSO SOSOSOSO. I had to cut certain jumpers with an xacto because even though they appeared open to the naked eye, the multimeter beeped revealing a very thin trace which i cut to be in sync with the desired sequence.

The sounds are the only issue. The video and game play works perfect along with the switching of the games. I'm using SmokeMonster's encrypted pack.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for the link @PascalP. I've gone through that link and have visualized all the pins. Nothing bent and they are going into the sockets. I did not realize that the jumpers don't matter. Thanks for the tip.

I had obtained a PAL G from HighScoreSaves when i bought the kit. The PAL G is in the socket. No pins have been lifted and i ran a wire as per @Mitsurugi-w's setup video from pin 9 of PAL G Socket to pin C13 of CN5 (same as C13 of CN3). I have also tested that even though there is no wire from the PAL G to the J17 pin on the darksoft board, there is a continuity between pin 9 of the PAL G and the J17 pin due to the wire running on the back side of the B board.

It did clean up marvel and capcom sound a bit but not completely. Further a few games i tested had no sound e.g. xmen vs sf, punisher cps1 conversion. This is not just the demo mode but the gameplay had no sound as well

It's late here. I'll post some tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

@blonu normal troubleshooting of the kit starts with a known to work A and B board. The sound problem could be related to your B board. Could you put the roms back and test it?

You should lift pin 9 then
It did clean up marvel and capcom sound a bit but not completely. Further a few games i tested had no sound e.g. xmen vs sf, punisher cps1 conversion. This is not just the demo mode but the gameplay had no sound as well
Make sure you also remove the jumper wire you installed between the pin on the socket and CN3 - you only need one between Pin 9 of the G PAL removed from the socket and J17 or CN3

Last edited:
@xodaraP and @PascalP you guys are amazing. Thanks so much. That was it. I had to remove the jumper wire on the back of the B board. Lift pin 9 on the G pal and solder it to J17. All sounds restored on a number of games i tried.

It seems that the instructions and the setup video are outdated and have not been updated in a while. e.g. few posts before it was mentioned that the state of jumpers does not matter and now this.

@xodaraP and @PascalP you guys are amazing. Thanks so much. That was it. I had to remove the jumper wire on the back of the B board. Lift pin 9 on the G pal and solder it to J17. All sounds restored on a number of games i tried.

It seems that the instructions and the setup video are outdated and have not been updated in a while. e.g. few posts before it was mentioned that the state of jumpers does not matter and now this.
Cool, yes the PAL is important, but jumpers don't matter at all what I just found out a few days ago.
So yes the instruction can use a workover at some point :)

So yes the instruction can use a workover at some point
We'll update soon.

Back