What's new
I had a go with the redesign kit for the past few weeks/months and it truly is great!
Some excellent improvements and easily swapped out 1:1 with my old kit.
Obviously there is no point in 'upgrading' if you already have the old kit running as functionality is 100% equal.

But here are some pics from my install, first the old kit:

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

And here swapped it out for the new kit:

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

And with the keywriting wires attached:

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

Still need to swap the connector out to a JST NH header to satisfy my OCD though :D

I was able to see it at first, but I can no longer access it.I wanted to buy it, but it's too bad.

So with this change it sounds like it no longer matters what donor B board you have? Since it says "no need to change the original PAL chip".

That's handy if the case, will make things easier for people.

So with this change it sounds like it no longer matters what donor B board you have? Since it says "no need to change the original PAL chip".

That's handy if the case, will make things easier for people.
Correct. No jumper changes required, no PAL change required. No soldering required for key writing wires.

Awesome!

I have a fully working CPSII setup already but somehow I feel the need to upgrade...what's wrong with me?

Am I addicted?

?(

I am new to this kit. If I order the Nov 2020 revision will I still need "4 wires adapter for Multi-CPS2 Key writing Cable" ?

Hey, y'all. Looking for a little input on what I need to buy if I'm getting the new revision/redesigned multi-kit. @Murray mentioned I have a version 6 mobo although I'm uncertain how exactly to tell that. But, also, I've taken a close up pic of what I believe to be the Pal G chips. Do I only need to buy a multi-kit? Also, can someone tell me how I know if these are PalG or PalF chips? I don't see any G in the part number PAL16L8BCN. I also noticed there is an option in the multi kit retail webpage "Do you need the PAL G burned for you" and I think the answer is no as long as I have a PAL G chip, correct?

L4LKUs8.jpg

ekS6w7B.jpg

Last edited:
That is a rev-6 board (look at the part number) and a D PAL
Ah okay. Now I see the board part number ends in “-6”. I also see the PAL chips have a D at the end. So should I buy a Preprogrammed PAL G then?

Back