What's new
Did the Paradise ones that were damaged/fixed ever get put up? I've checked about daily since they were supposed to get them a while back but never saw them up, admittedly I may have missed them. Trying to figure out if I should bite the bullet and preorder/buy from saveyourgames instead.

The paradise ones were pre-sold I believe.

That's right, they were all sold even before they reached. A new batch is on the run and I asked them to open presales, although they dont llike opening sales too much in advance, because some people get impatient, or change their mind, etc. The best is to ask them directly.

Hey guys,
Looks like my LCD buttons were not changed out to the correct ones.
These do not stick out of the 3D printed case.

How can I get this sorted out?

Maybe because you have bought the multi cps2 and then the lcd box
I don't understand what you mean?

I don't see how buying the multi and then getting the lcd case should make any difference.

Were all buttons not replaced to the correct height ones before they were sent out?

I was on the RetroRGB Weekly Roundup today and spoke at length about all things CPS-2, including the DS Multi Firmware updates and the CPS1/1.5-to-CPS2 conversions (coverage starts at 52:59)
I also plugged the HAS and other boutique topics :D

Last edited:
Mitsuguri-w are you selling the US ones of these? if so - is there a preorder for the US open?

Thanks

Hey guys,
Looks like my LCD buttons were not changed out to the correct ones.
These do not stick out of the 3D printed case.

How can I get this sorted out?
Same issue here although I thought it might be a safeguard against accidental button pushing lol. Can someone guide me to a solution as well?

Same issue here although I thought it might be a safeguard against accidental button pushing lol. Can someone guide me to a solution as well?
I've got replacement buttons I can send. I put a big disclaimer up on bit-disctrict warning about this and offering replacement buttons with the case when you order.

We didn't know about this problem with the buttons until the last batch started shipping so I'm assuming both you and @The Spaniard ordered your cases before the multis started shipping?

I've posted this before but anyone that ordered a case from me that needs buttons let me know (shoot me a reply to your order email is best since I'll have your address on file).

I've got replacement buttons I can send. I put a big disclaimer up on bit-disctrict warning about this and offering replacement buttons with the case when you order.
We didn't know about this problem with the buttons until the last batch started shipping so I'm assuming both you and @The Spaniard ordered your cases before the multis started shipping?

I've posted this before but anyone that ordered a case from me that needs buttons let me know (shoot me a reply to your order email is best since I'll have your address on file).
I ordered my case after the button issues was announced, but it was said that the buttons would be replaced before the kits were shipped out. It looks like some got overlooked and ended up being shipped out without the fix.

Did you buy the case with the kit or separately? If you didn't by the case with the kit then they were not replaced.

Changing the buttons is simple if you have the right equipment but a huge PITA if you do not. It takes a lot of heat to remove the pin tied to ground.

I had the case printed locally.

I have sorted it out with Aldo though, he is sending a replacement but I did ask if they would be repaired before shipping as I knew I was going to get a case for it regardless so was wondering why I had short buttons when I put it in the case.

I ordered my case after separately. Do you need a heat gun or something to replace the buttons and is it easy enough for a novice?

You would need a desoldering station, a hot air gun will cause damage to surrounding components trying to heat up the pins enough, though I guess you could use a heat gun and kapton tape.

It's made much more difficult for the pins with the buttons because they're bent into something of a clip

tl;dr you need a desoldering station.

Back