What's new
Actually, ignore my previous post.

Palette RAM will most likely be the 3x SRAM (labelled 2088-35 on the board - one per colour)

MB8421 is work RAM

Actually, ignore my previous post.

Palette RAM will most likely be the 3x SRAM (labelled 2088-35 on the board - one per colour)

MB8421 is work RAM
So it looks like the MB8421s were both replaced or reflowed as there was a ton of flux around them. I cleaned things up and fixed some bad soldering and now the board just boots to a shredded mess of colors...

Thinking I have a bridged pin now. The pitch between through holes is so fine it is difficult to tell what should be connected. This is going to be fun...

xodaraP - sorry to make you my personal tech here, but is a TMM2088P-35 a valid substitute for the pallete ram? The three on my board are marked IMS1635P-35.

just received my kit from Italy, very well package and PCB is as good as DS CPS2.

Taito Puzzle time !

IMG_5536.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5555.JPG
    IMG_5555.JPG
    527.8 KB · Views: 206
Hey, that will be fine, same type different brand :)

The board actually has 2088-35 silkscreened on it!
So I by chance ordered another motherboard and have the same shifted top right bottom pixel issue (it's like 3 pixels at most). Piggybacked the ram on my original board and no change.

Guess this means that the issue is normal and present on all boards. Just letting the rest of you know in case anyone else is bothered by this - you'll have to live with it.

My new to me F3 main board arrived today. It'll be on its way to a modder soon for the region mod and any needed services (recap, etc.).

I want to see if it is indeed working - is it safe to turn on the F3 without a game installed?

Sure, but I don't think it does anything without a cart plugged in.

Gah! I was about to order one, and now saveyourgames.it is out of stock. Any idea when a new batch of multis will be available?

hi i want to buy 1 multi F3 dark soft where i can order please thanks you

I also get a color ram error when booting Gunlock, but this happened on my Rayforce conversion cart as well.
Did you ever resolve this? I just noticed my F3 throws a color ram error on Rayforce. Every other game seems to load just fine.

Mine arrived the other day (just going nuts with multis lately, not much else to spend money on in 2020!) and I'm extremely happy with it, now I can play the best game on this hardware:

P1060359.JPG

I printed my own LCD case from @twistedsymphony 's STL on Thingiverse. In case anyone is having trouble with this, I had to file down the internal PCB supports a bit in order for it to fit correctly.

Mine arrived the other day (just going nuts with multis lately, not much else to spend money on in 2020!) and I'm extremely happy with it, now I can play the best game on this hardware:

Riding fight uses rotary joystick doesn't it ? Or is it just an Arkanoid style dial ?

Back