What's new
I was utterly deflated when I thought shipment will take 2 months. Thankfully it arrived in 2 weeks. I've neglected my wife and dog to get it installed, worked first time, so will now remove my foot from my mouth and will be busy playing some games for the next few hours. :)

The worst thing for me is I leave for 3 weeks for work, so no multi at all until I return! BOOOOOO!
Sorry to hear that. I'm not trying to be mean, but are you saying you won't be able to enjoy this:
Mine721.jpg

:whistling:

Out of curiosity.. for those in the US.. how long did it take to get your cart from Save Your Games? The translation of the Italian postal site makes it sound like it could take up to 2 months to get to me??
I have shipments from outside the USA coming 3-4 times a months and the wait time is entirely dependent on US Customs.

typically shipping time is 3-5 days in the source country
1-48 days in customs
then 3-5 days in the USA.

customs time is an entire gamble I've had 2 identical package arrive in customs on the same days, one left within 24 hours, the other sat there for over 30 days.

I'd suspect that different customs offices are better or worse. most of mine seem to come through either NY or NJ, and NJ is almost always worse.

For me NY is the absolute worst and the western part of the US never gets held up in customs. Two weeks for me as well and a pro tip - once the package leaves Italy the tracking number works on USPS.com for in-country tracking.

a pro tip - once the package leaves Italy the tracking number works on USPS.com for in-country tracking.
^this.

on USPS.com if you see something that looks like this:
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
It's a little confusing/misleading but that essentially means it's sitting in customs. Basically it's saying USPS has received (processed) the item on US soil and the next step is to send it to Customs (ISC). Customs doesn't release any info about when they receive or complete their inspection or why they might be holding something longer, but you'll know when it's done because you'll see another step in the tracking stating that the package has arrived at a "DISTRIBUTION CENTER". Once you see that you'll know it's through customs and back in USPS's hands on it's way to you.

Okay, thanks! It must have been shipped via Registered Airmail then. It said "Courier Service" during checkout, and I assumed it was going to be DHL.. Then when I saw the Italian Post number, I then assumed it was going to be EMS based on the price they charged, but I guess they just cheaped out instead. Oh well.

Okay, thanks! It must have been shipped via Registered Airmail then. It said "Courier Service" during checkout, and I assumed it was going to be DHL.. Then when I saw the Italian Post number, I then assumed it was going to be EMS based on the price they charged, but I guess they just cheaped out instead. Oh well.
Not necessarily. A lot of the time if you use a courier service, they will outsource it to the local postal service in the destination country.

For example if it means it will get there quicker (e.g. courier has one cargo plane a week vs daily for postal service).

Another reason might be the courier company doesn't have a presence in the destination country or that you're not in an area typically serviced by couriers, they'll farm it out to the postal service since they have to cover everyone

There's a big difference between a courier (which is essentially fast local delivery and freight forwarding) and a freight company like Toll, TNT or DHL

I have explained many times here that european customer are reached by gls express courier
International customers by registered mail, for have a price for every country the only way is to use a plugin that put express courier but change the price for every destination.
The price is the same that I pay, you can see on your package, also with this kind of shipment I don't have to declare custom price and no one pay customs....
Believe me, is the better way for everyone

For me it's the same ship with registered mail or ask more for ems but then you have to pay custom.

I do everything for give the better service at possible.

Aldo

Back