What's new
I can confirm that the following pins on the B connector of the Taito Motherboard are not used by the multi:

A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B16 and C30.

The rest are used.

In any case, always use a resistor of i.e. 200ohm to limit the current in case it turns to be used by the motherboard.
Will this void the warranty?

:D

Hooray! Yesterday the Taito F3 multi arrived and today I picked it up. I have no idea when it shipped but I chuckled at the "Priority" sticker on it. I was so excited I opened it in the car :D

arrive1.jpg

Here is the side view (it was a little crushed):

arrive2.jpg

But the pcb looked damn good and the LCD screen/buttons had no issues:

arrive3.jpg

Here it is running - I was lucky to have F3 motherboard that had already been modded to be region free. The contrast was set a little high on the LCD screen to start. Oh, and Riding Fight is freakin' awesome! I had never played that one before.

Can anyone explain the seemingly random coin error that happens? I have gotten that a few times and I am not sure why (edit: I think this is the memory clear thing Darksoft mentioned in earlier posts).

Runnning1.jpg

It is working great!

On Monday I will test it in an arcade cabinet with a CRT which should be free from the sync issues on HAS V2/Framemeister (jumpy screen) that I am experiencing during these early tests. I love this board :P Thanks Darksoft!

Attachments

• running2.jpg
    running2.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Hooray! Yesterday the Taito F3 multi arrived and today I picked it up. I have no idea when it shipped but I chuckled at the "Priority" sticker on it. I was so excited I opened it in the car :D

arrive1.jpg

Here is the side view (it was a little crushed):

arrive2.jpg

But the pcb looked damn good and the LCD screen/buttons had no issues:

arrive3.jpg

Here it is running - I was lucky to have F3 motherboard that had already been modded to be region free. The contrast was set a little high on the LCD screen to start. Oh, and Riding Fight is freakin' awesome! I had never played that one before.

Can anyone explain the seemingly random coin error that happens? I have gotten that a few times and I am not sure why.

Runnning1.jpg

It is working great!

On Monday I will test it in an arcade cabinet with a CRT which should be free from the sync issues on HAS V2/Framemeister (jumpy screen) that I am experiencing during these early tests. I love this board :P Thanks Darksoft!
Glad to hear yours arrived OK!!

Good to hear it arrived and is working, Segashiro. When I buy pizza, it comes in a more solid looking box than that. Yikes. Hoping mine arrives soon as well (Alberta).

Good to hear it arrived and is working, Segashiro. When I buy pizza, it comes in a more solid looking box than that. Yikes. Hoping mine arrives soon as well (Alberta).
I don't disagree about the box, I cringed a little when I saw it but it did its job. I hope yours arrives soon!

I wanted to post a mini review of @[u]@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES[/u]
I ordered the F3 Multi through them on August 4th, it shipped on August 8th and it arrived yesterday, August 17th.

I was initially impressed as I received a partial refund because the actual shipping charge came out lower than what they had charged me.

After reading about the packaging that others had been reciving with their F3 Multi I was anxious to see how mine would fair but it was packed extremely well. essentially doubled boxed with lots of bubble wrap:

I'm very happy that I was able to place my CPS2 Multi order through them for the next batch :)

I wont be able to use my multi until my F3 arrives but I'm very pleased with saveyourgames service... 5-thumbs up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:
Wanted to say that ours (2 PCs) also where packed very well - Capoz did a perfect Job on the package! :thumbsup:

I'd recommend the needlenose pliers and wiggling method. Make sure you stick your pliers all the way in, since breaking off the tab half-way will make it difficult to remove the rest. I'd stay away from any kind of method that involves melting the plastic, personally. If you happen to bend any pins with the pliers, you can always bend them back as long as you're careful.

I'd recommend the needlenose pliers and wiggling method. Make sure you stick your pliers all the way in, since breaking off the tab half-way will make it difficult to remove the rest. I'd stay away from any kind of method that involves melting the plastic, personally. If you happen to bend any pins with the pliers, you can always bend them back as long as you're careful.
Thanks will attempt that.

Why are you able to remove the pins also? Noticed the Dremel vid he grinded off the pins too.

the pins on these region posts are simply redundant ground and 5V pins it works fine with or with out them... though why remove them if you don't have to?

One of the tools I love is a pair of smooth jaw pliers like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EXO0UY/?tag=aurobius-20

they're great for bending pins straight because they don't bite into the metal.

Last edited:
I didn't remove my pins either. That is more work and unnecessarily destructive, imo.

I wanted to post a mini review of @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES
I ordered the F3 Multi through them on August 4th, it shipped on August 8th and it arrived yesterday, August 17th.

I was initially impressed as I received a partial refund because the actual shipping charge came out lower than what they had charged me.

After reading about the packaging that others had been reciving with their F3 Multi I was anxious to see how mine would fair but it was packed extremely well. essentially doubled boxed with lots of bubble wrap:

f3_1.jpg
f3_3.jpg

I'm very happy that I was able to place my CPS2 Multi order through them for the next batch :)

I wont be able to use my multi until my F3 arrives but I'm very pleased with saveyourgames service... 5-thumbs up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:
Mine apparently shipped over a month ago and I still not even received it. Bought it from ksiegarnia and they dont respond to my emails either.
Anyone else received it? I'm in canada

I don't doubt you Darksoft.

I am wondering if their ordering system screwed up when I placed my order. I was never emailed an order confirmation (but my credit card was charged immediately) and they never sent me a tracking number and my entire account history is still missing from the site after the update...and they haven't replied to any emails yet.

Any one of those of things would put my mind at ease.
Hmm...I still haven't gotten a response email...I tried calling the UK phone number but got a busy signal repeatedly. I am really starting to think my order was never processed correctly at ksiwgarnie with the website changes - why else would they not email back at all? :/ I don't want the F3's to sell out on Save Your Games before I can order one! I still can't wait to play Gunlock.
From Canada as well (Montreal). I didnt get an email confirmation but my order was showing up on the old website. My credit card was fully charged. Didnt get a tracking number and have yet to receive the multi... I haven't read about anyone from Canada getting their order.
exactly the same for me, the order doesnt even show on their website, credit card was charged. Over a month since shipping and still no F3.... or replies. The tracking number they provided doesnt even show anything within the polland post system now.

That is more work and unnecessarily destructive
More work? These are the words of someone who didn't do the mod. It takes 2 seconds with a dremel tool/diamond bit.
It's actually more work to try and leave the pins alone or bend them back after snapping the tab off by wiggling it.

Unnecessarily destructive? How do you destroy something with no function?
The pins do nothing, removing them destroys nothing, it is illogical to call something benign destructive.

I think the real reason why you guys are not grind'n the pins out is because you are afraid you'll damage/hit something else.
Only no one is saying that's the reason, again because no one wants to admit they are scared of the procedure.

Do it the way you feel most comfortable, but don't spread misinformation because you are afraid of the process.

Back