What's new
Every motherboard works as long as you remove the region lock (which is just a small piece of plastic in the connectors)

I ordered one (ID: #885) from saveyourgames three days ago, but the status is still pending.

no, you just need to make it region free.
so you’ll have to modify your motherboard in all region cases.

edit : damned, I didn’t see all previous replies.

Cool. I’m glad it’s an easy mod. Reminds me of way back in the day when some friends and I all broke the tabs inside our snes to play Japanese games. So simple it makes me wonder why they even bothered.

So simple it makes me wonder why they even bothered.
Well the mod is simple, but you know for how simply it is a huge chunk of people were afraid to do it.
Especially with a Dremel tool, honestly it is the fastest/cleanest (pins+tab gone) way IMO (just don't slip).
l5DdVL9.jpg

Well the mod is simple, but you know for how simply it is a huge chunk of people were afraid to do it.Especially with a Dremel tool, honestly it is the fastest/cleanest (pins+tab gone) way IMO (just don't slip).
well... to nuke the pins is for sure the fastest option, but for sure not the cleanest :D

I just used needle nose pliers. Grab tightly all the way at the base, crack it left, crack it right, pull the plastic straight up off the pin. took 30 seconds to do all of them and leave the pins in-tact with no mess to clean up.

I just used needle nose pliers. Grab tightly all the way at the base, crack it left, crack it right, pull the plastic straight up off the pin. took 30 seconds to do all of them and leave the pins in-tact with no mess to clean up.
I've been (slowly) doing this method

It takes a bit of time but the results look really nice. I'm currently halfway done but haven't bothered to finish since the multi won't ship for a bit.

I've been (slowly) doing this method

It takes a bit of time but the results look really nice. I'm currently halfway done but haven't bothered to finish since the multi won't ship for a bit.
It's a great mod ! :thumbup:

Found a board and a game to snag the case from. I will be joining the club soon!

$450 US for the multi. I hope I navigated the process correctly. Would be nice to have English.

Last edited:
Thanks, I’m so oblivious sometimes, I was a little drunk when I put the order in which is dumb. Checked the order history and all looks good though! Can’t wait to get it and play some games.

The site is in English as well.
Click on the Italian flag and change it to English flag.

Thanks, I’m so oblivious sometimes, I was a little drunk when I put the order in which is dumb. Checked the order history and all looks good though! Can’t wait to get it and play some games.

The site is in English as well.
Click on the Italian flag and change it to English flag.
Don’t go internet shopping while drunk :P
Good thing you ended up with something you can actually use instead of buying a lot of shit while shopping drunk ;)

Back