What's new
Maybe it sounds obvious, but if you are running it in a cabinet, there might be an error with the coin mechanism. If you use a supergun, the coin signal might be stuck.

Guys,i have a question and i don't know how to solve it. Few days ago the system starts to give me "Coin Error" when i flash games. I'm using encrypted set and i've tried 2 micro sd cards until now (both acts in the same ways). I've read some posts and i don't know how to get on the service menu to clear the memory. Many thanks in advance for all :saint:
Does it give you coin error when you flash games or when you press the coin button? I know a few boards (dont remember sorry back in 2017) which would give yo coin error if you kept the coin button pressed for a bit of time. Since coins generally passed through with just one click if you keep the button pressed for a longer period the system thinks the coin mechanism has jammed and spits out a coin error. Could be something different too though. Try pressing the coin button for a very shot period of time. Maybe think you are typing a morse code when you click the coin button :D

Guys,i have a question and i don't know how to solve it. Few days ago the system starts to give me "Coin Error" when i flash games. I'm using encrypted set and i've tried 2 micro sd cards until now (both acts in the same ways). I've read some posts and i don't know how to get on the service menu to clear the memory. Many thanks in advance for all :saint:
Does it give you coin error when you flash games or when you press the coin button? I know a few boards (dont remember sorry back in 2017) which would give yo coin error if you kept the coin button pressed for a bit of time. Since coins generally passed through with just one click if you keep the button pressed for a longer period the system thinks the coin mechanism has jammed and spits out a coin error. Could be something different too though. Try pressing the coin button for a very shot period of time. Maybe think you are typing a morse code when you click the coin button :D
Maybe it sounds obvious, but if you are running it in a cabinet, there might be an error with the coin mechanism. If you use a supergun, the coin signal might be stuck.
Yes ... i think this is the puzzle. It's not the HAS supergun button (works great that buttons) ... maybe was from my neo geo controllers. I notice one of them give coins after a very slight touch. I play puzzle bubble after i finish the game and i've used some coins ... no problem at all, after that i flashed the Elevator Action 2 (again...ok), after that i've flashed Darius (ok)

I forget, but I take it the "test" or "service" buttons won't do?
I used the test buttons , no problems there (i think the problem it's from my one of the Aes controllers ... select button - on Cps2 that controller act ok, but F3 system i think it's little bit tender)

I ended up buying one from an Italian user on arcadeotaku a couple weeks ago. It's still in transit and it has some issue, but at the time there was nothing available anywhere else. Oh well...hindsight.

I ended up buying one from an Italian user on arcadeotaku a couple weeks ago. It's still in transit and it has some issue, but at the time there was nothing available anywhere else. Oh well...hindsight.
You mean ThomasM, bought a few boards from him over the past year or so, including F3
No issues so far :)

Yep, that's the person. He actually mentioned the specific issue it had, but I don't know if it's the cart or mobo. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Yep, that's the person. He actually mentioned the specific issue it had, but I don't know if it's the cart or mobo. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
if it's a cart issue ... doesn't matter because if you'll use the DS multi kit , you'll need only the cartridge shell ^^

But the engineer in me can't stand to see something stay broken. It's supposed to be an audio issue, so it might need some new caps in the audio section. Or it could just be a dirty connector.

ThomasM can be somewhat sneaky. He will pair up a non-working cart with a non-working motherboard. So don't be surprised if you're having problems with both.

ThomasM can be somewhat sneaky. He will pair up a non-working cart with a non-working motherboard. So don't be surprised if you're having problems with both.
Thanks for the tip about that seller. I was going to buy a few games from him, including a Bucky O'Hare, but the way he was trying to sell things to me, well it made me suspicious so I canceled the whole deal. Good to know I probably dodged a bullet there.

Well, I don't want to badmouth him. I've bought a ton of stuff from him and will probably buy more in the future. He's not dishonest, he's just not very eloquent with the details. I guess kind of like KC here. I would definitely be wary of buying a board with issues though. I bought a few boards like this and all of them had multiple problems.

does the darksoft f3 multi come with the lcd screen?

or is the lcd and addon (like the cps2 multi)?

Back