What's new
New to the group but just placed my order for one of the carts from highscoresaves . I've wanted an F3 setup for a long time but got discouraged by the high prices. Can't wait for this to come in! Now I just need a mobo....

Lucky for you the mobos are CHEAP right now!

Good luck and enjoy. I can't wait until I get back home and set up my F3!

Tell me where to find these mobos! Don't see any on eBay nor the FS threads at the moment.

Tell me where to find these mobos! Don't see any on eBay nor the FS threads at the moment.
Keep an eye on eBay every once in a while you can get a decent F3 mobo and usually puzzle bobble for $50 plus shipping, that’s how I got my last one.

While you do need a working F3 mobo, you don't need a donor game, just a donor shell, but really you don't even need that...

:D

yeah ... sorry ...no need a donor game , just a donor cartridge case + a F3 mobo !

yeah ... sorry ...no need a donor game , just a donor cartridge case + a F3 mobo !
I "think" there is someone selling the 3D printed cases as well, so you don't need to sacrifice a real game, not sure who though.

The case makes it look pretty, but you don't need it. The multi will still plug in as long as you have modded (region free) the mobo.

I "think" there is someone selling the 3D printed cases as well, so you don't need to sacrifice a real game, not sure who though.
not to my knowledge there isn't. You'd need an extremely large printer to make an F3 case and the amount of material required would put the price in range with just buying a cheap cart.

I just used hockey tape to hold the black cart lock pieces together. I don't want to pull a shell off one of my games at least yet. It's in a cab anyway, so nothing wrong with nekkid PCBs :D

Can confirm mine works great without a shell. My black bottom part was nasty cracked anyway so I pulled it entirely and put on a @Lions3 base plate. Just waiting on him to finish the top plate, but for now it works.

I say just buy the cheapest cart you can find, it don't even need to be working.
As Twisted said, no way you could 3D print that large flat plastic design, it would crack in two easily.

The case makes it look pretty, but you don't need it. The multi will still plug in as long as you have modded (region free) the mobo.

This is my F3 setup :whistling:

Guys,i have a question and i don't know how to solve it. Few days ago the system starts to give me "Coin Error" when i flash games. I'm using encrypted set and i've tried 2 micro sd cards until now (both acts in the same ways). I've read some posts and i don't know how to get on the service menu to clear the memory. Many thanks in advance for all :saint:

Back