What's new
I would second a CPS1 multi :D
Third! CPS1 has some timeless classics like GnG, Strider, FF, etc. I would love to purchase aje_fr's multi but he doesn't seem to have any interest in making it available outside of France.

I'm more ambitious and I still hope to see a CV1000 Multi 8o
:thumbsup:

I would love to see this too! By the nature of the flash roms being soldered onto the board, would it even be possible to do a multi without creating an entirely new PCB?

Honestly, I think a CV1000 would be such an epic achievement. Even the least expensive CV1000 games are in the $500+ range nowadays. The most expensive titles are not even available should you even have the desire and resources to fork over thousands of dollars for a single pcb. The most recent game is over 5 years old at this point. CAVE isn't selling it anymore, they don't seem to have any hardware left. You can't even find it at PCB shops in Japan.

Sure, some collectors would probably get upset if a CV1000 multi were to be released, but that happened with CPS2 as well. I think there's been enough evidence in the retro game markets that multis and flash carts don't devalue original games. Besides, I have a hard time finding sympathy for collectors who just want to protect their "investments" :thumbdown: . CV1000 has so many good games and so many variations with the revisions, black labels, etc. Even at $1k for a multi it would be a bargain.

Back to the subject, BIG THANKS for this F3 multi, Darksoft!!! Whatever you decide to produce next, I'm sure will be awesome.

I have a hard time finding sympathy for collectors who just want to protect their "investments" CV1000 has so many good games and so many variations with the revisions,
Bear in mind that some of these "collectors" allowed their PCBs to be dumped and preserved.

Only snag with a CV1K multi is that you cannot source the CPU :whistling:

As a collector I wouldn't mind, got nearly all my SH3 below $400 though.
Only snag with a CV1K multi is that you cannot source the CPU
I read somewhere that some car computers used them. Maybe they can be found on the junkyard ;)
Also existing boards can be modified. In the sound ROM area there can be a daughter board soldered on.

Bear in mind that some of these "collectors" allowed their PCBs to be dumped and preserved.

Did they do so for altruistic reasons, or did they have them dumped on the condition of not sharing the roms?

It's in their interest to have them dumped for future repair availability, right? If they have an agreement that the dumpers don't share the roms- I think that's really lame. If they are going to be public eventually, then what's the difference if people play them in mame or on unofficial hardware?

I would say the dumps were done for posterity's sake. Most of the PCB gods like Shou and the like, want to see this stuff preserved. So do all of us, really, cause if it's preserved, eventually we get to play it, as long as mame keeps kicking.

Sure Mame "caved" under pressure, not to put in cv1000 stuff for a while, but they like most of us, understand that if game makers quit making games, we have nothing left to archive, and most game companies have been way more lax about things like Mame, than they have to be.

As a collector, and someone who's 9-5 is in the arcade industry, game developers/dealers/operators have a right to see their products protected....and so do board collectors. Trust me...I'd love a copy of mushi on pcb....i mean...really...but i also love it when my games turn out worth more than what I paid, and I can use that equity to get something else nice, like a pinball machine. :D

It's a fine line, and one that our resident eggheads have to tread carefully when deciding on, and creating products for all of the community.

Don't know how I missed preorders were already open until now!!!
Anyway, just placed and paid mine with CC via paypal. No confirmation either mail, but last time with CPS2 was the same and received it with no problem.
Can't wait for this one, I've always wanted bubble memories & symphony, but those were incredibly expensive...

Ordered. The quality of my CPS2 PCB is great. I am looking forward to playing more classic games :)

Now I need a Taito F3 mobo!!

How many left Darksoft?

I have a mate getting into arcade that is interested.... While ordering he asked me what I was up to. Spoke about how good the CPS2 PCB was and now he wants one.

As a collector I wouldn't mind, got nearly all my SH3 below $400 though.
Only snag with a CV1K multi is that you cannot source the CPU
I read somewhere that some car computers used them. Maybe they can be found on the junkyard ;)
Also existing boards can be modified. In the sound ROM area there can be a daughter board soldered on.
a cave multi would be great:) but I would be just as happy with a Jammapi and an optimize version on Mame for the CAVE games..plug and play to a cab:)

Well, ordered and paid :D
As the rest of people, no confirmation e-mail, but the transaction appears on my paypal account
Awaiting some confirmation

About next multi... A Cave one can be great, but having CPs2 and CPS3 multis, maybe the more logic option is to make CPS1 and complete the series :D

PS: I've just seen an email from the shop on my SPAM folder... Maybe all those lost confirmation mails can be on the SPAM, so please check yours

Last edited:
Yes please - go offline for a couple of days at a music festival and all hell is let loose.....

Got a problem - get to postage section and options are TNT @ £47 (but not for items > £150) or standard postage for £6.

How do I get signed for tracked postage for it?

Last edited:
Write them a short message but AFAIR standard postage is tracked.

I'm sure they'll be sent tracked. The CPS2 ones were.

It would be mighty daft of them to send ~£300 parcels that were paid for by Paypal/CC without any tracking. With no tracking unscrupulous people could claim they hadn't received them and claim for them.

Get one bought already :D

Back