What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Tech help please -- on my US wood cab street fighter type - I opened the coin doors and was trying to reach the service switch on the CPS2 boards then the power to the CPS two, coin doors lights went off and on then off.. I power off the cab.. Closed the coin door.. I power on the cab, the marquee lights and the monitor turn on.. The CPS2 and the coin door light do not turn on.. I witch the Jamma hardness to another PCB, no go.. It seems that I lost power or shorted something and ca. Not seem to get power to the PCB or the coin door lights..

What should I be looking for besides an arcade tech that charges a service call fee and $95 and hour? Troubleshooting tips that I can try tonight?

Thanks

There should be a fuse somewhere after the power cable goes into your cab. Sounds like a you loosened a power cable. If you have a multimeter, follow the power cable to where ever there is a connection. Once you find there is no power connection, then it should be an obvious fix.

Thanks guys.. Now, to YouTube to find out what a multimeter is and how to use it:)

For this purpose, which you are just tracing 120v AC coming out of your wall socket, get the cheapest one you can find. If there is a Harbor Freight around you, pick up theirs. It costs like $5. Sometimes it is free when you buy another item with it and have a coupon.

But find the fuse. Should be somewhere between the monitor's transformer and the power line coming into your cab. Use that cheap meter to test continuity. You'll know right away if that is the issue. Then you can replace it.

Im with kidpanda , check for voltages on the power supply and go from there. Monitor and marquee coming on tells me the AC power line is fine. You can follow the AC leads from the power supply back and see if they are fused.

This is where pictures are a HUGE help.

thanks for the help guys.. the issue was the power supply.. changed it for a new one and presto.. up and running:) again, domo arigato

Back