What's new

Dreygor

Grand Master
Reaction score
Soooo...

I got my Netboot rig up and running and I found I was having issues..

1) My Naomi 1 did not want to play Atomiswave games no matter what I did .. I checked the power .. I checked everything . I even had Derrick send me a new bios. No dice. OK so I decided what the heck I will just go with Naomi 1 games. Fine.

2) I got a web interface image and made my SD card. After figuring out I needed to change the IP address on my DIMM to match what this image was looking for. I added some games and checked the naming. Everything was good. I was able to switch games it loaded perfectly. So out of curiosity I added Fist of the North Star and it booted .. wait it booted .. ok awesome. However at 4GB there was not enough room to add all the games I wanted to add. So I start the process of moving the pi boot partition. Check. OK everything works still. OK now to resize the partition that holds the games and graphics. AOMI says the operation was completed successfully. I was like cool and I added some more Atomiswave games and thought everything was right in the universe .. or so I thought.

I take the SD card put it in my RPI3 .. and .. nothing. It wont boot. OK .. maybe it glitched ..I restart it. Nope wont boot. So I take the SD and put it back in my PC to see it maybe something was messed up .. oh boy.. the partition table was gone.

I start the whole process again .. and end up in the same spot. So apparently I do not have the ability to take an existing image and make it fill up the whole disc,

Sooooo does anyone have a 32GB or even a 16GB image ? Based off of one of the newer web netboots like this one.. New-ish NAOMI netboot web interface .. they could PM me the link too? Don't need the roms as it seems I can add and remove those until I change the partition size.

Thanks
-Drey

Hmm..what tool are you using to resize the partitions? I think that's your issue.

Any suggestions on what other software I could try for doing this ?

I use gparted on linux. You can even run it on the raspberry pi itself. Just use a cheap sd card 2 usb convertor and connect the sd card to the pi with that. You can't alter the partition if it's holding the pi rootfs, so you need to boot the pi from another sd card or usb stick.

To install:
sudo apt-get install gparted
To run, open a terminal and run
sudo gparted

I think there even are linux live boot cd's with gparted. I use a debian setup in virtualbox for that purpose.

I used partition wizard. I have had not issues with anything for the naomi web booting.

OK I think I got that part worked out. I used a whole different computer and used a different partition program and it seems to work. I did not get a chance to mess with it too much as it got late.

I am still having issues playing Atomiswave games .. but that's a discussion for another thread.

Back