What's new

waiwainl

Professional
Reaction score
On the F3 there is a 'volume' dial which is used for Voltage. In the manual it is stated "Do not touch it, as it is set correctly before shipping".
This does not help.

I have various motherboards and they have different settings.

@Darksoft or @Mitsurugi-w could you post a picture of your 'dial' with the F3-multi inserted? That way I know I won't fry my multi when it arrives :)

These are the settings on 2 of my boards:
H9FiFxfl.jpg

Xz1UBakl.jpg

The only way to measure it is with a voltmeter. If you haven't messed with them you should be fine. I messed with them once and had someone else just tell me the ohms that theirs were at, and set mine back to that.

What he said ^^ if they have been glued into position in the factory just leave them alone. ;)

Got below picture from PascalP as a base-reference, using this from now on. The glue on my pot-dial was clearly not holding at all, so glad I didn't trusted it.

The Multi is working great :thumbsup:

WnbDwYXh.jpg

Is there a good reference point on the pcb to measure/adjust the voltage?
You never know if the previous owner did mess with it or not...

The best place to measure it would be the pot itself. Using an ohmmeter to determine if it's in the correct position (I'm assuming that information is available somewhere)

I don't think the resistor of the pot is the same for every board...
If that was the case, why not put in a resistor instead of the pot?

IMO the best is to find out what the pot controls (voltage to the roms if I'm correct), and measure directly on a suitable rom pin and adjust the value to the correct one.

I'd suggest that the reistance of the pot IS the same for every board - the reason they went with a pot rather than a resistor is so the operator (or the Taito factory) can adjust the voltage to the board if required rather than adjusting the power supply in the cab?

@Darksoft or @Mitsurugi-w might know?

I'd suggest that the reistance of the pot IS the same for every board - the reason they went with a pot rather than a resistor is so the operator (or the Taito factory) can adjust the voltage to the board if required rather than adjusting the power supply in the cab?

@Darksoft or @Mitsurugi-w might know?
Yes. So the voltage on the pcb could be tweaked if needed. Not really by the OP but rather buy a tech. Think of the PSU in the cab as a rough setting and the pot as fine tuning. It's for this very reason that it's possible for each pcb to be slightly different. I'd say if your pcb is working don't mess with it at all.

Got below picture from PascalP as a base-reference, using this from now on. The glue on my pot-dial was clearly not holding at all, so glad I didn't trusted it.

The Multi is working great :thumbsup:

WnbDwYXh.jpg
Don't trust the position of the dial, it's still all analogue. You can check the correct voltage on various IC's on the PCB, look up the datasheet of a couple of the IC's and look for the Vcc pin. You can measure, with a voltmeter set to DC, between Vcc and GND.

Hi there, I'm having some strange issue with my base, sound stops playing during the game when it's not set a 5.22v on the jamma edge, I find this value very high, but I don't know if it's normal.

Has anyone experienced something like that ? Everything runs fine now but I just want to be extra cautious.

The pot is set to 2.99 2.99 4.175.

Where exactly do I place my contacts to check the potentiometer? Can someone give a visual?

Sadly it's been touched already (not by me) I'm just hoping nothings been damaged

Would any of you have this exact ESP? The potentiometer was moved and I don't want to guess the voltage and ruin the MoBo or games

What do you mean by exact ESP ? Is there a label or anything on yours ? Picture ?

What do you mean by exact ESP ? Is there a label or anything on yours ? Picture ?
Sorry, I thought I attached an image

Attachments

• 20220305_000744~2.jpg
    20220305_000744~2.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 85
Can you snap a picture of the entire label and the entire chip ?

Back