AW netboot black screen with Naomi 2??

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • AW netboot black screen with Naomi 2??

      Ok guys,

      Having issues with AW games, they all netboot to black screen with Naomi 2. Have tried the multibios and the latest revision c japan bios. All no go. All naomi games load without issue.

      Any thoughts on this?
      Cabs: Vewlix FC, GC 3, ID7, DinoKing, Swing, MiniCute, NAC
      Multis: CPS1│CPS2│CPS3│ST-V│F3│GNET│TTX2│MVS
      Superguns: Jasen's MK30ADCAP│RGB's HAS
      Displays: PVM 2950Q│Pioneer PDP-V402E│LG B6 65" Oled
      Scalers/Misc: OSSC│VP50Pro│Gscartsw│Hydra

      Wanted Cabs: Egret 29, Egret II, AWSD, Stern Star Trek Pinball
      Wanted Part: SFII Dynamo HS5 "Cut Corner" CP, Egret 29 Complete CP top (blue or red)
    • That's the issue I was telling you about on my Naomi 1. I found that I could get the games loading by using this guys ( New-ish NAOMI netboot web interface ) version of the NetBoot PI image.
      -My Stuff-
      Namco Sys 11 (Tekken1 & 2 Ver.B, SE Ver.II )
      Namco Sys 12 (Ehrgeiz, Tekken 3, TTT, SC)
      Namco Sys 246 (Tekken 4, SC 2, some Gundam Games)
      Namco Sys 256 (Tekken 5 DR, more Gundam games)
      Taito Type X2 (Multi-drive but no cab for it yet)

      Sega Showcase (Naomi Netboot)
      NeoGeo (161 in 1)
      Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Capcom Big Blue (HyerSpin)
      Namco cab (Tekken 4)
      Dynamo HS-5 (Taito F3 Bust-A-Move Again)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Empty)
      Space Invaders Cocktail (Empty)
    • acblunden2 wrote:

      Nodoyuna wrote:

      Hi
      I've solved the problem by renaming the game to the same letter type, and change the extension from bin to dat...
      So, for example: MetalSlug6.bin becomes metalslug6.dat
      This way it works for me
      I have the Naomi modbios, BTW ;)
      Whoah, really? This was quite an issue before that was never solved. It worked for some people, did not work for others.
      Some people could not get the Atomiswave games to work on the Naomi. So you are saying all you did was just changed the casing for the game's naming convention and it worked?
      Try this from this thread. This was found out a day ago. Curious if it solves the problem. I can't test it till the weekend. But give it a shot and let us know.
      Arcade Multi Systems:
      • Sega: ST-V, Naomi w/Net Dimm, Naomi w/CF Boot (DIY and OG versions), Taito: G Net, Taito F3, Taito Type X², Capcom CPS2, Capcom CPS3, Neo Geo MVS 4-Slot
    • acblunden2 wrote:

      acblunden2 wrote:

      acblunden2 wrote:

      Nodoyuna wrote:

      Hi
      I've solved the problem by renaming the game to the same letter type, and change the extension from bin to dat...
      So, for example: MetalSlug6.bin becomes metalslug6.dat
      This way it works for me
      I have the Naomi modbios, BTW ;)
      Whoah, really? This was quite an issue before that was never solved. It worked for some people, did not work for others.Some people could not get the Atomiswave games to work on the Naomi. So you are saying all you did was just changed the casing for the game's naming convention and it worked?

      Try this from this thread. This was found out a day ago. Curious if it solves the problem. I can't test it till the weekend. But give it a shot and let us know.
      OK this kind of worked sorta. So I renamed all the Atomiswave games extensions to .dat and Dolphin Blue loaded and was playable ( I played it for a while). So I rebooted the unit and loaded a standard Naomi 1 game (which plays fine) then I rebooted the unit and tried to load another Atomiswave game. However this time it went through the whole cycle until it got to the part where the Atomiswave logo normally should show up, after it reboots from loading the game. Instead it hangs at a black screen. It does this for every Atomiswave game now and will not finish starting it after it's loaded.

      -Drey
      -My Stuff-
      Namco Sys 11 (Tekken1 & 2 Ver.B, SE Ver.II )
      Namco Sys 12 (Ehrgeiz, Tekken 3, TTT, SC)
      Namco Sys 246 (Tekken 4, SC 2, some Gundam Games)
      Namco Sys 256 (Tekken 5 DR, more Gundam games)
      Taito Type X2 (Multi-drive but no cab for it yet)

      Sega Showcase (Naomi Netboot)
      NeoGeo (161 in 1)
      Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Capcom Big Blue (HyerSpin)
      Namco cab (Tekken 4)
      Dynamo HS-5 (Taito F3 Bust-A-Move Again)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Empty)
      Space Invaders Cocktail (Empty)
    • Dreygor wrote:

      OK this kind of worked sorta. So I renamed all the Atomiswave games extensions to .dat and Dolphin Blue loaded and was playable ( I played it for a while). So I rebooted the unit and loaded a standard Naomi 1 game (which plays fine) then I rebooted the unit and tried to load another Atomiswave game. However this time it went through the whole cycle until it got to the part where the Atomiswave logo normally should show up, after it reboots from loading the game. Instead it hangs at a black screen. It does this for every Atomiswave game now and will not finish starting it after it's loaded.

      -Drey
      Did you change the casing of the filename as well to all lowercase?
      Arcade Multi Systems:
      • Sega: ST-V, Naomi w/Net Dimm, Naomi w/CF Boot (DIY and OG versions), Taito: G Net, Taito F3, Taito Type X², Capcom CPS2, Capcom CPS3, Neo Geo MVS 4-Slot
    • I gave up on AW games for now.

      I tried 3 different setups, naomi 1, 2
      3 different netdimms
      Different versions of bioses in each
      Different zero keychips,
      and nothing worked.

      Mind you every naomi game booted without issues. Only the AW games would either load to the netdimm and either black screen and hand, balck screen and reboot, or give either an error 33 in very rare instances or give an error 22 in others. But mostly they just black screened all the time. Cant quite figure it out as I have done another Naomi 2 setup where all worked fine.

      But hey, at least all the naomi games are working as they should :)
      Cabs: Vewlix FC, GC 3, ID7, DinoKing, Swing, MiniCute, NAC
      Multis: CPS1│CPS2│CPS3│ST-V│F3│GNET│TTX2│MVS
      Superguns: Jasen's MK30ADCAP│RGB's HAS
      Displays: PVM 2950Q│Pioneer PDP-V402E│LG B6 65" Oled
      Scalers/Misc: OSSC│VP50Pro│Gscartsw│Hydra

      Wanted Cabs: Egret 29, Egret II, AWSD, Stern Star Trek Pinball
      Wanted Part: SFII Dynamo HS5 "Cut Corner" CP, Egret 29 Complete CP top (blue or red)
    • acblunden2 wrote:

      Dreygor wrote:

      OK this kind of worked sorta. So I renamed all the Atomiswave games extensions to .dat and Dolphin Blue loaded and was playable ( I played it for a while). So I rebooted the unit and loaded a standard Naomi 1 game (which plays fine) then I rebooted the unit and tried to load another Atomiswave game. However this time it went through the whole cycle until it got to the part where the Atomiswave logo normally should show up, after it reboots from loading the game. Instead it hangs at a black screen. It does this for every Atomiswave game now and will not finish starting it after it's loaded.

      -Drey
      Did you change the casing of the filename as well to all lowercase?
      Ayup
      -My Stuff-
      Namco Sys 11 (Tekken1 & 2 Ver.B, SE Ver.II )
      Namco Sys 12 (Ehrgeiz, Tekken 3, TTT, SC)
      Namco Sys 246 (Tekken 4, SC 2, some Gundam Games)
      Namco Sys 256 (Tekken 5 DR, more Gundam games)
      Taito Type X2 (Multi-drive but no cab for it yet)

      Sega Showcase (Naomi Netboot)
      NeoGeo (161 in 1)
      Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Capcom Big Blue (HyerSpin)
      Namco cab (Tekken 4)
      Dynamo HS-5 (Taito F3 Bust-A-Move Again)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Empty)
      Space Invaders Cocktail (Empty)
    • Let me give it a whirl this weekend. The only other variable I can think of is the zero/null key. I had the same issue. My zero key was compiled by me from the pastebin disassembly. @werejag says there are a ton of errors in that one and has compiled one with the errors fixed.

      Here is the his hex: NAOMI / Triforce / Chihiro Netboot Security PIC Source Code. Where did your zero/null key hex'es come from? Maybe you guys can get to this before I do this weekend?
      Arcade Multi Systems:
      • Sega: ST-V, Naomi w/Net Dimm, Naomi w/CF Boot (DIY and OG versions), Taito: G Net, Taito F3, Taito Type X², Capcom CPS2, Capcom CPS3, Neo Geo MVS 4-Slot
    • My Zero/null key came from Werejag.
      -My Stuff-
      Namco Sys 11 (Tekken1 & 2 Ver.B, SE Ver.II )
      Namco Sys 12 (Ehrgeiz, Tekken 3, TTT, SC)
      Namco Sys 246 (Tekken 4, SC 2, some Gundam Games)
      Namco Sys 256 (Tekken 5 DR, more Gundam games)
      Taito Type X2 (Multi-drive but no cab for it yet)

      Sega Showcase (Naomi Netboot)
      NeoGeo (161 in 1)
      Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Capcom Big Blue (HyerSpin)
      Namco cab (Tekken 4)
      Dynamo HS-5 (Taito F3 Bust-A-Move Again)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Empty)
      Space Invaders Cocktail (Empty)
    • HI

      I'm using a NAOMI (not Naomi2) with netDIMM

      For me, the change of the rom name to lower letters and change the extension to .dat works
      Also, I've discovered that some games needs the cabinet type to be set as INDIVIDUAL, so you can try that too...
      And also, Atomiswave games boots slower than naomi games, so, even if you have a black screen, maybe is a good idea to wait some minutes and see if they finally loads

      I'm starting again to use my arcade setups, and I'm still a newbie in all that stuff, so, all I can say is that little things works fine for me
    • Nodoyuna wrote:

      HI

      I'm using a NAOMI (not Naomi2) with netDIMM

      For me, the change of the rom name to lower letters and change the extension to .dat works
      Also, I've discovered that some games needs the cabinet type to be set as INDIVIDUAL, so you can try that too...
      And also, Atomiswave games boots slower than naomi games, so, even if you have a black screen, maybe is a good idea to wait some minutes and see if they finally loads

      I'm starting again to use my arcade setups, and I'm still a newbie in all that stuff, so, all I can say is that little things works fine for me
      • I too am using a Naomi 1 with a NetDIMM with a Raspeberry Pi3 Model B booting via the web interface.
      • I did try all lower case and lower case extension .dat ... and .bin
      • I have not tried setting the cab to INDIVIDUAL .. I will try that when I get home and report.
      • I have waited up to 10 mins and the screen was still black. Multiple times .. on multiple games
      • Naomi 1 games load 100% of the time .. with every game I have tried so far.
      -My Stuff-
      Namco Sys 11 (Tekken1 & 2 Ver.B, SE Ver.II )
      Namco Sys 12 (Ehrgeiz, Tekken 3, TTT, SC)
      Namco Sys 246 (Tekken 4, SC 2, some Gundam Games)
      Namco Sys 256 (Tekken 5 DR, more Gundam games)
      Taito Type X2 (Multi-drive but no cab for it yet)

      Sega Showcase (Naomi Netboot)
      NeoGeo (161 in 1)
      Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Capcom Big Blue (HyerSpin)
      Namco cab (Tekken 4)
      Dynamo HS-5 (Taito F3 Bust-A-Move Again)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Empty)
      Space Invaders Cocktail (Empty)
    • I have werejag's null key too, all same results. AW games are a no go, all naomi ones work fine.
      Cabs: Vewlix FC, GC 3, ID7, DinoKing, Swing, MiniCute, NAC
      Multis: CPS1│CPS2│CPS3│ST-V│F3│GNET│TTX2│MVS
      Superguns: Jasen's MK30ADCAP│RGB's HAS
      Displays: PVM 2950Q│Pioneer PDP-V402E│LG B6 65" Oled
      Scalers/Misc: OSSC│VP50Pro│Gscartsw│Hydra

      Wanted Cabs: Egret 29, Egret II, AWSD, Stern Star Trek Pinball
      Wanted Part: SFII Dynamo HS5 "Cut Corner" CP, Egret 29 Complete CP top (blue or red)
    • PascalP wrote:

      Exactly this is why we need a Atomiswave multi cart :D
      now that would be something if @Darksoft would make a multi cart that fit in place of an original one. If anyone can do it, it would be him :)
      Cabs: Vewlix FC, GC 3, ID7, DinoKing, Swing, MiniCute, NAC
      Multis: CPS1│CPS2│CPS3│ST-V│F3│GNET│TTX2│MVS
      Superguns: Jasen's MK30ADCAP│RGB's HAS
      Displays: PVM 2950Q│Pioneer PDP-V402E│LG B6 65" Oled
      Scalers/Misc: OSSC│VP50Pro│Gscartsw│Hydra

      Wanted Cabs: Egret 29, Egret II, AWSD, Stern Star Trek Pinball
      Wanted Part: SFII Dynamo HS5 "Cut Corner" CP, Egret 29 Complete CP top (blue or red)
    • Now that you mentioned the use case of a multicart compatible with AW games, I change my stance on the subject!

      Let the campaign start now! Darksoft Naomi/Atomiswave Multi-cart! Coming in 2018!!
      Arcade Multi Systems:
      • Sega: ST-V, Naomi w/Net Dimm, Naomi w/CF Boot (DIY and OG versions), Taito: G Net, Taito F3, Taito Type X², Capcom CPS2, Capcom CPS3, Neo Geo MVS 4-Slot
    • Awe .. I don't have an Atomiswave motherboard :( I also am a little cheap to buy the mulitcarts .. or should I say my budget does not allow for it.
      -My Stuff-
      Namco Sys 11 (Tekken1 & 2 Ver.B, SE Ver.II )
      Namco Sys 12 (Ehrgeiz, Tekken 3, TTT, SC)
      Namco Sys 246 (Tekken 4, SC 2, some Gundam Games)
      Namco Sys 256 (Tekken 5 DR, more Gundam games)
      Taito Type X2 (Multi-drive but no cab for it yet)

      Sega Showcase (Naomi Netboot)
      NeoGeo (161 in 1)
      Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Capcom Big Blue (HyerSpin)
      Namco cab (Tekken 4)
      Dynamo HS-5 (Taito F3 Bust-A-Move Again)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Empty)
      Space Invaders Cocktail (Empty)
    • Darksoft wrote:

      You guys never have enough multi in your life :thumbup:
      Never enough....gotta have them all :D
      Cabs: Vewlix FC, GC 3, ID7, DinoKing, Swing, MiniCute, NAC
      Multis: CPS1│CPS2│CPS3│ST-V│F3│GNET│TTX2│MVS
      Superguns: Jasen's MK30ADCAP│RGB's HAS
      Displays: PVM 2950Q│Pioneer PDP-V402E│LG B6 65" Oled
      Scalers/Misc: OSSC│VP50Pro│Gscartsw│Hydra

      Wanted Cabs: Egret 29, Egret II, AWSD, Stern Star Trek Pinball
      Wanted Part: SFII Dynamo HS5 "Cut Corner" CP, Egret 29 Complete CP top (blue or red)