What's new

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Ok guys,

Having issues with AW games, they all netboot to black screen with Naomi 2. Have tried the multibios and the latest revision c japan bios. All no go. All naomi games load without issue.

Any thoughts on this?

Hi
I've solved the problem by renaming the game to the same letter type, and change the extension from bin to dat...
So, for example: MetalSlug6.bin becomes metalslug6.dat
This way it works for me
I have the Naomi modbios, BTW ;)
Whoah, really? This was quite an issue before that was never solved. It worked for some people, did not work for others.
Some people could not get the Atomiswave games to work on the Naomi. So you are saying all you did was just changed the casing for the game's naming convention and it worked?
Try this from this thread. This was found out a day ago. Curious if it solves the problem. I can't test it till the weekend. But give it a shot and let us know.

Hi
I've solved the problem by renaming the game to the same letter type, and change the extension from bin to dat...
So, for example: MetalSlug6.bin becomes metalslug6.dat
This way it works for me
I have the Naomi modbios, BTW ;)
Whoah, really? This was quite an issue before that was never solved. It worked for some people, did not work for others.Some people could not get the Atomiswave games to work on the Naomi. So you are saying all you did was just changed the casing for the game's naming convention and it worked?
Try this from this thread. This was found out a day ago. Curious if it solves the problem. I can't test it till the weekend. But give it a shot and let us know.
OK this kind of worked sorta. So I renamed all the Atomiswave games extensions to .dat and Dolphin Blue loaded and was playable ( I played it for a while). So I rebooted the unit and loaded a standard Naomi 1 game (which plays fine) then I rebooted the unit and tried to load another Atomiswave game. However this time it went through the whole cycle until it got to the part where the Atomiswave logo normally should show up, after it reboots from loading the game. Instead it hangs at a black screen. It does this for every Atomiswave game now and will not finish starting it after it's loaded.

-Drey

OK this kind of worked sorta. So I renamed all the Atomiswave games extensions to .dat and Dolphin Blue loaded and was playable ( I played it for a while). So I rebooted the unit and loaded a standard Naomi 1 game (which plays fine) then I rebooted the unit and tried to load another Atomiswave game. However this time it went through the whole cycle until it got to the part where the Atomiswave logo normally should show up, after it reboots from loading the game. Instead it hangs at a black screen. It does this for every Atomiswave game now and will not finish starting it after it's loaded.

-Drey
Did you change the casing of the filename as well to all lowercase?

I gave up on AW games for now.

I tried 3 different setups, naomi 1, 2
3 different netdimms
Different versions of bioses in each
Different zero keychips,
and nothing worked.

Mind you every naomi game booted without issues. Only the AW games would either load to the netdimm and either black screen and hand, balck screen and reboot, or give either an error 33 in very rare instances or give an error 22 in others. But mostly they just black screened all the time. Cant quite figure it out as I have done another Naomi 2 setup where all worked fine.

But hey, at least all the naomi games are working as they should :)

-Drey
Did you change the casing of the filename as well to all lowercase?
Ayup

Let me give it a whirl this weekend. The only other variable I can think of is the zero/null key. I had the same issue. My zero key was compiled by me from the pastebin disassembly. @werejag says there are a ton of errors in that one and has compiled one with the errors fixed.

Here is the his hex: NAOMI / Triforce / Chihiro Netboot Security PIC Source Code. Where did your zero/null key hex'es come from? Maybe you guys can get to this before I do this weekend?

HI

I'm using a NAOMI (not Naomi2) with netDIMM

For me, the change of the rom name to lower letters and change the extension to .dat works
Also, I've discovered that some games needs the cabinet type to be set as INDIVIDUAL, so you can try that too...
And also, Atomiswave games boots slower than naomi games, so, even if you have a black screen, maybe is a good idea to wait some minutes and see if they finally loads

I'm starting again to use my arcade setups, and I'm still a newbie in all that stuff, so, all I can say is that little things works fine for me

HI

I'm using a NAOMI (not Naomi2) with netDIMM

For me, the change of the rom name to lower letters and change the extension to .dat works
Also, I've discovered that some games needs the cabinet type to be set as INDIVIDUAL, so you can try that too...
And also, Atomiswave games boots slower than naomi games, so, even if you have a black screen, maybe is a good idea to wait some minutes and see if they finally loads

I'm starting again to use my arcade setups, and I'm still a newbie in all that stuff, so, all I can say is that little things works fine for me
  • I too am using a Naomi 1 with a NetDIMM with a Raspeberry Pi3 Model B booting via the web interface.
  • I did try all lower case and lower case extension .dat ... and .bin
  • I have not tried setting the cab to INDIVIDUAL .. I will try that when I get home and report.
  • I have waited up to 10 mins and the screen was still black. Multiple times .. on multiple games
  • Naomi 1 games load 100% of the time .. with every game I have tried so far.

I have werejag's null key too, all same results. AW games are a no go, all naomi ones work fine.

Now that you mentioned the use case of a multicart compatible with AW games, I change my stance on the subject!

Let the campaign start now! Darksoft Naomi/Atomiswave Multi-cart! Coming in 2018!!

Awe .. I don't have an Atomiswave motherboard :( I also am a little cheap to buy the mulitcarts .. or should I say my budget does not allow for it.

Back