What's new
now that i have a atomiswave universal cabinet im 100% in for an aw multi!!

In the past few posts, we may have just single handedly sent the price for Naomi & Atomiswave mainboards through the roof. I'd prefer just a Naomi-based multicart that can do Naomi 1, 2, and AW games. No need for a separate AW multi. More value for the market-base; Less R & D for DarkMitsuCo.

Back to the main topic. I'll dig further into this when I get home. but let me know what you guys find out after setting your cabs to individual.

Just a thought, but can someone do a hex edit of firmware 3.17 so that it looks like a psuedo 4.03 firmware? That way, we can downgrade to 3.17. Seems there are other issues with 4.02 for us GDROM and CF booters. Maybe the AW games work without issue with the 3.17 firmware?

the *ONLY* atomiswave game that doesnt run for me is NeoGeo Battle Colosseum

the *ONLY* atomiswave game that doesnt run for me is NeoGeo Battle Colosseum
Give us the details:

Naomi 1/2? Motherboard revision?
Bios?
Netdimm ver?
Zero Key Source?
Netboot method/version used?
Roms used/source?
How are you powering the netdimm/naomi/Pi? Voltage Levels?

I think the issue has to be tied to the bios and motherboard revision.

Naomi 1 , dunno about mobo revision
latest multibios ( @Mitsurugi-w burned it for me)
zero key from mitsu as well
netbooting with piforce webtools with a pi 3
rom from here
netdimm and naomi get powered by sun PS , pi gets powered by the naomi

I had issues with my Zero Key and AW games. I wound up purchasing one from AMB, along while back, and it fixed my issues. If anyone wants to try it out, here's the hex.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9p3l5l5ezg88h34/NAOMI_NETBOOT_PIC.zip
Thanks, tried it...still same results on AW games...black screen, naomi games load fine.

So....I guess I will have to wait for Darksoft to create a multi for the AW or for some great soul to update the aw roms to somehow work on a broader range of setups.

Setup:
  • Naomi 1
  • Multi-region BIOS (obtained from Mitsurugi-w) set to US region
  • 512 NetDimm w/4.02 firmware & working battery
Test 1 w/werejag zero/null hex:
  • Sent game 'gdrom_KOFXI_v5.bin' using transfergame.exe
  • Waited 4 minutes after final reboot, no boot. Black screen
Test 2 w/werejag zero/null hex:
  • Sent game 'gdrom_kofxi_v5.dat' using transfergame.exe (changed file name and case)
Test 3 w/zero/null hex from this post
  • Sent game 'gdrom_KOFXI_v5.bin' using transfergame.exe
I re-did Test 3 after setting the BIOS to Japan. No difference. I am going to switch the EPR-21577E USA BIOS and give it another whirl.

I re-did Test 3 after setting the BIOS to Japan. No difference. I am going to switch the EPR-21577E USA BIOS and give it another whirl.
Same results with the EPR-21577E BIOS.

I do remember at one point in time have the AW working. This was before I ever got the multi BIOS and I think I was running BIOS D or C. Anyone have those BIOS versions laying around?

I've used 2 different Naomi 1's and 2 different Netdimm's with 512MB of ram, both sets with p1pkin's multi-bios and AMB Zero Key. The difference, I am using a couple of Raspberry Pi's with Piforce Tools to transfer the games.

just a shot in the dark, try clearing the novram in the naomi - incase something is in it the game dont like.

just a shot in the dark, try clearing the novram in the naomi - incase something is in it the game dont like.
Your talking about clearing back up memory right? I did that and It did not seem to help.

I have gotten neogeo battle collisium and dolphin blue to run with no issues when in 15khz mode on my naomi 2. But if i switch to 31khz mode, i just get a black screen. I am using a cf card reader from mitsurugi. so far my only naomi game runs fine in both 15khz and 31khz (marvel vs capcom 2) so maybe its as simple as the khz setting?

Back