What's new
Mine: NetBooting with Sun PSU connected to the Naomi. My capcom IO is powered through my HAS with a separate happ PSU. For the record pretty much everything works well since I added the Sun. I had a small ATX but it was underpowered.

Still no NGBC but I haven't fiddled with it in a while.
But are you power to your I/O through the JAMMA edge connector?
the capcom io is powered by my happ->HAS yes. But the capcom is only connected to my Naomi with vga audio and USB. Did you want me to try not sending 12v to the capcom?
Just unsure why that would matter...

the capcom io is powered by my happ->HAS yes. But the capcom is only connected to my Naomi with vga audio and USB. Did you want me to try not sending 12v to the capcom?
Just unsure why that would matter...
Nah. Since you got it working with the Capcom I/O, not sure where to go with that since the only way to power the Capcom I/O is off the Jamma edge.

Naomi is one finicky bitch. I have 3 N1's and one N2. At one point in time, I had one of the N1's working with AW2Naomi games. Now I can't repeat that even with swapping all the Naomi's and BIOS's and NetDimm's and I/O's and just about any other factor.

But I do remember when I had AW2Naomi working, I was NOT feeding the Sega I/O power off the Jamma edge. So the ask is for those that have it working if they are feeding the I/O power off the Jamma edge connector or the CN connector. I know it is a long shot but the AW2Naomi conversions not working is very real and those of us left out of the fun want to find a solution.

I strongly believe it has all to do with motherboard revisions or maybe different components used within the same revision motherboards.

I have worked on 4 N2 motherboards, one works great with AW games (which I shipped off to a friend), one was sold, and the other 2 I have and those 2 refuse to work with AW games.

I have like 10 N1 motherboards in storage, gonna have to pull them all out and test to see if one works with the AW games.

I strongly believe it has all to do with motherboard revisions or maybe different components used within the same revision motherboards.

I have worked on 4 N2 motherboards, one works great with AW games (which I shipped off to a friend), one was sold, and the other 2 I have and those 2 refuse to work with AW games.

I have like 10 N1 motherboards in storage, gonna have to pull them all out and test to see if one works with the AW games.
that be awesome and if we get more people providing feedback, we may find where the problem is.

I'll mess with my theory tomorrow. Should be easy to do since I can just disconnect 12v and 5v right off the top the Astro City PSU. I'll feed the Sega I/O power to the CN connector (or not feed any power at all) and report back. I'll try ATX power too.

I don't know if you read my comments but regarding NeoGeo Battle Coliseum on the NAOMI2 we have the following situation:

. CF-Card works 100%
. Netboot, title screen but no inputs are recognized. In addition 1 coin is added. Cannot enter setup that only adds one more coin.

Both of these were tested with the original PIC code (which I posted earlier).

It is important to recognize and understand that netboot mode is different from GD-ROM/CF-Card mode.

But the most important part is power, the DIMM needs a lot of power.

Note:
All my tests have been done on a CAPCOM I/O Version 2. The CAPCOM I/O is connected to a HAS which has a molex power adapter which plugs into my ATX PSU. If you use 2 different PSUs you have to connect the 0V from the output of each PSU together.

Last edited:
I feed the capcom IO through the JAMMA edge, but every AW2N game works except NGBC

If you use 2 different PSUs you have to connect the 0V from the output of each PSU together.
Ok, I'm a rookie here... What does this do?

I connect my SUN PSU directly into the naomi and only the naomi.
I connect a Happ PSU into my HAS, and connect my capcom IO's jamma edge to that.

I'm supposed to connect the two PSU's?! Everything seems fine right now. Both PSUs are connected on the same power strip, does that count?

I feed the capcom IO through the JAMMA edge, but every AW2N game works except NGBC
if you are using the latest version I made and have a normal bios not multi, that probably means that it doesn't work with some n2.

Ok, I'm a rookie here... What does this do?
I connect my SUN PSU directly into the naomi and only the naomi.
I connect a Happ PSU into my HAS, and connect my capcom IO's jamma edge to that.

I'm supposed to connect the two PSU's?! Everything seems fine right now. Both PSUs are connected on the same power strip, does that count?
The power strip does not count, you have to connect together the 0V (GND) from both supplies.

If you are curious, disconnect you CAPCOM I/O from the JVS cable and then measure with a voltmeter between 0V on the two PSUs (When they are powered). The voltage should be very close to 0.

The 0V of the supplies will of course be connected when you connect the JVS cable between your I/O and the NAOMI2 but this is a rather thin cable.

if you are using the latest version I made and have a normal bios not multi, that probably means that it doesn't work with some n2.
Has anyone verified that NGBC works on a normal NAOMI via Netboot ?

The power strip does not count, you have to connect together the 0V (GND) from both supplies.

If you are curious, disconnect you CAPCOM I/O from the JVS cable and then measure with a voltmeter between 0V on the two PSUs (When they are powered). The voltage should be very close to 0.

The 0V of the supplies will of course be connected when you connect the JVS cable between your I/O and the NAOMI2 but this is a rather thin cable.
What is the impact on the system, taking load off the capcom?

Ok, so... like this? (after and before photos) https://imgur.com/gallery/lOVeU

What is the impact on the system, taking load off the capcom?
Ok, so... like this? (after and before photos) https://imgur.com/gallery/lOVeU
If your 0V is not 0V but for example 0.2V compared to the other 0V instead of the system seeing 3.3V it will actually see 3.3-0.3 = 3.1V

However this is normally not an issue, just measure the voltage across the points where you put the black wire in the picture.

edit:
The system has to be powered i.e. HAPP connected to I/O and the other PSU to the NAOMI2, but each system has to be isolated i.e. no JVS cable between.

Has anyone verified that NGBC works on a normal NAOMI via Netboot ?
I was running a Naomi 1, I *just* got a Naomi 2 mobo. I havent tested anything yet, but NGBC did NOT work on my Naomi1

FYI, I have been running tests on both N1's and N2's. I have also switched from a Capcom I/O and a Sega I/O. Same black screen.

Anyone want to post the IP address they are assigning to their NetDimm's? Mine are suffixed with a single digit number. Wondering if that makes a difference.
See if this helps any of you black screeners out... (see my post #65)

Trouble Netbooting Atomiswave Games, Black Screen

Back