What's new
just thought I would check back and see if there was any progress with the war gods cf project here :)

I've been working with Greenliant who manufactures NAND controller chips that interface to PATA to allow me access to their manufacturing tools to create a custom DOM that reports as the correct size so we don't have to use a rom hack or patch.

Negotiations have stalled a bit, but things are still in progress :)

I've been working with Greenliant who manufactures NAND controller chips that interface to PATA to allow me access to their manufacturing tools to create a custom DOM that reports as the correct size so we don't have to use a rom hack or patch.
Thats amazing!

That is really good news indeed. Patiently waiting to see how this turns out here and ready to repair these boards when it is done :D

Its been a little while but thought I would pop back up on this thread and see if any progress has been made or not :)

Got my System 2x6 card, all these wonderful custom boards and whatnot. And still no boot rom hack a la KI/KI2. Maybe if we started a money pot? :) Or if someone needs a War Gods pcb to try out while attempting to mod the code to boot a CF card, well, I have one just sitting here that I can't play thanks to a pile of dead proper laptop hard drives.

Got my System 2x6 card, all these wonderful custom boards and whatnot. And still no boot rom hack a la KI/KI2. Maybe if we started a money pot? :) Or if someone needs a War Gods pcb to try out while attempting to mod the code to boot a CF card, well, I have one just sitting here that I can't play thanks to a pile of dead proper laptop hard drives.
For sure. Aparently there are ways to make other non seagate HDDs and maybe even CF recognized through changing the parimeters on the storage unit but I still have yet to see one get released or up for sale. Ive been looking for one forever. Hopefully it wilk be available in the future. Still wishing :/

I have a lot of IDE hard drives laying around... anyone know how to change those CHD parameters and what to set them to? cause it's looking like the CF thing isn't going to happen.

I havent heard anything at all unfortunately. Still waiting to see if someone can make it happen

I may have found a plug and play CF solution, however its not cheap. How many people with out a doubt would buy one at 75.00 ea? I would have sell 15 to make my money back.

I'd take two. Good to see you btw.

One for me, curious what you’ve come up with!

I may have found a plug and play CF solution, however its not cheap. How many people with out a doubt would buy one at 75.00 ea? I would have sell 15 to make my money back.
What did you come up with for a solution?

I solved how to remove the hdd geometry check but have not been able to solve what appears to be a checksum algorithm that covers the code that needs to be modified. Then I experimented with using a fpga as man-in-the-middle to report alternate geometry when queried.

I found a company that will custom make the card to report the size I need. Minimum order and high cost though

I found a company that will custom make the card to report the size I need. Minimum order and high cost though
I would take 2 for sure. If they work, this would be a very nice solution for many people. Would you test them on your own set up before release?

I forgot to mention above that Greenliant denied access to the configuration tools and protocol for their chips but referred me to one of their vendors, perhaps a different company, but were unwilling to provide sample or guarantee it would work as intended.

Back