What's new
FWIW, I ordered those exact buttons from Shapeways you linked and they work great with my CPS2. Interested to see what Twisted has to say about them though.

The way how the OG buttons are made, it is as if they are designed to fail. Basically, they are hinged onto the button frame like a model plane or car parts on a tree, as if they were designed to be extracted from the tree. I am sure twistedsymphony can do better and come up with one that will last forever.

I can't really print that design on my printer... it's just not designed for it. Shapeways can do it because they use a $500K SLS printer that can print any shape you can imagine.

I'd like to design a set of buttons that is less prone to failure and can easily be 3D printed but I don't have a CPS2 board currently. though once I acquire one I'll gladly take a crack at designing some replacement buttons.

Cool. Glad you are willing to put it on your radar. For the time being, I think I can get away with the volume knob controls and test button switch inside the cab.

Back