What's new
I just flashed a CPS3 set for my friend with the Makoto/Ken bug fix version. Which should be the same as the one I have just that one byte difference, since I haven't bothered to do it to mine yet.

In testing I found he has the character select fix. Huh. I should try on my board, but there is one other difference.

I have the custom SH2 on my SuperBIOS, the cart on his is standard. Any chance that makes any kind of difference? I'm running the new bios with the auto region select for Japan fwiw. But before I had that I had a custom cart with the old bios, never used a standard image.
I have a custom sh2 with auto USA region select and use the Ken Makoto glitch fix cd image. Upon rematch your character selector and super is retained from previous match. So yes, you can just keep mashing buttons to get back to playing
Huh, time to get off my ass and try that image on my board then, see what happens. Mine is custom SH2 with auto Japan region select.

I everyone,
Is there frequent BIOS updates ? I saw that the last one is dating back from 2019. Is there one update on going since I plan on flashing mine soon.
and is there a way to update the flash without desoldering it ? (I guess not at the moment)
What is the best tool to flash it ?
does anyone uses on of the following programmer :
  • XGecu T56 ?
  • XGecu TL866II ?
they seem to be ok for the 29F400 chip with a TSOP48 adapter...

Last edited:
i have a bit of doubt about the replace of sh2
when i need to replace the custom with the normal version ?
thanks guys

I wouldnt replace the SH2, just use any of the ISOs marked as CUSTOM (as opposed to STANDARD)

I everyone,
Is there frequent BIOS updates ? I saw that the last one is dating back from 2019. Is there one update on going since I plan on flashing mine soon.
and is there a way to update the flash without desoldering it ? (I guess not at the moment)
What is the best tool to flash it ?
does anyone uses on of the following programmer :
  • XGecu T56 ?
  • XGecu TL866II ?
they seem to be ok for the 29F400 chip with a TSOP48 adapter...
Hi,

Nope i've tested GQ-4x4 with official TSOP 48 8/16 bits adapter
Works fine for me, sometime it's needed to uncheck "eprom id" in order to burn fujitsu or compatible 29F400

Best,

How can i find which SH version i am using?
Can all SH versions use any of the ROMS?
I want to change to the non DARKSOFT marked roms

DARKSOFT only cause tournament players complain about origin of the game.

no markings....

Attachments

• 2a8fc599906422988425141af89ef17.jpg
    2a8fc599906422988425141af89ef17.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 135
Just to confirm, there's any BIOS file here that can work as NOCD?

Yes, of course. And how many people has 2 carts or how many unexperienced people will end up with a NOCD unable to change their game? It's just a 1 byte change, but I think it's going to make more bad than good.

Yes, of course. And how many people has 2 carts or how many unexperienced people will end up with a NOCD unable to change their game? It's just a 1 byte change, but I think it's going to make more bad than good.
I'm asking because i have 2 carts and i want to try it. Was just check if there's any ready to burn file around.

It's just a 1 byte change, but I think it's going to make more bad than good.
Can the reproduction carts be made in such a way they can bank switch between two BIOS files?
Then you could have full NOCD support, and with a flip of a dip switch rewrite SIMMs if you desired.

Of course I still say the best solution would be for the BIOS to be the NOCD bit version.
With ALL the supported games already contained/written on some large ass ROMs (read only, not flashable to protect against corruption) able to bank switch at load.
Thus no one would ever "write" or have need to write a CPS3 game ever again (it takes way too long anway and I find it to be a super pain in the ass to the point where I haven't loaded anything aside from SF3-3rd in over a year, so IMO its hardly a multi in the true sense of the word and more like a giant reprogrammable motherboard *deep breath*).
Xd2DcfI.jpg

6g8b30qa3ix11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back