What's new
Is there an iso of third strike floating about that will work with the custom SH2 superbios and not have the country select on boot up?

Cheers.

The region selection is program in the cart not the iso. You will have to flash your cart again to the US or Japanese auto boot bios.

Depending where you are, there are a few of us on here that can do it.

Thanks for the reply, I'm located in the UK.

Updated 1st post with 2 new NOCD BIOS. I think with those files and a hex Editor now you can make any combination of BIOS that you want.

Thanks for your awesome work Darksoft, I just open a thread about the NOCD versions of CPS3 Superbios ;)

Am I the only one for who the region select screen still appear for less than a second with the last bios?
The screen appears and disappears very quickly when I run the game.

Somebody knows if it's possible to completly remove this screen?

Am I the only one for who the region select screen still appear for less than a second with the last bios?
The screen appears and disappears very quickly when I run the game.

Somebody knows if it's possible to completly remove this screen?
First page has links to USA-only and Japan-only BIOS files, but you would have to reflash your BIOS, can't do it with a CD swap or anything like that

With the new bios it still shows for a second but just auto-selects the region very quickly.

Is it possible to completely bypass it? Yes. But as was mentioned when we released it this was a "quick and dirty" fix. Removing it completely would take more time. No promises we will ever find that time tho.

Thanks Mitsu, I'm a purist I imagine but more a version is close to the original and more I love it.

A version without the region select screen at all and with the original text and the boot screen could be really awesome.

I wish you can found some time to work on it, it would be awesome

Is there an image out there with sf3 3s A, and B, and the hack, and all the other games? (ford strike). If not I guess I can just stop being lazy and get another sd card so I have all the versions available.

Are you talking about the superbios CDs? Or cds you can use with an original cart?

I’m kind of lost with that question. I have the repo cart so superbios? I don’t know that I’ll ever fully understand all the terms you guys throw around with cps3.

I saw the image with everything other than the hack and the image where the hack takes the place of 3rd strike version B and was just wondering if there was an image with everything. I can just make another sd card to cover everything.

Yeah the repro cart has the SuperBIOS. This thread has all of the disk images. There is a version with 4rd Strike that replaces Third Strike Rev. B.

Yeah the repro cart has the SuperBIOS. This thread has all of the disk images. There is a version with 4rd Strike that replaces Third Strike Rev. B.
Yep that’s the one I’ve done so far so I can do the regular one with the actual rev b and have everything.

There is a version with 4rd Strike that replaces Third Strike Rev. B.
Its nifty to check out at least once, then never play again haha.
Gameplay wise it's super unbalanced/broken, for example you can play as Gill... And yea, you can use your super meter for the "resurrection" special.

I think what he want is a version of the CD with all 3 version on it. 3rd strike A, B, and the hack

There is a version with 4rd Strike that replaces Third Strike Rev. B.
Its nifty to check out at least once, then never play again haha.Gameplay wise it's super unbalanced/broken, for example you can play as Gill... And yea, you can use your super meter for the "resurrection" special.
I agree. It's not good at all. It actually doesn't do the balancing things it claimed to do when released.
I think what he want is a version of the CD with all 3 version on it. 3rd strike A, B, and the hack
Yes. But that is not available but one could make an image that say, loads 4rd strike when you select another game. For example, set it up to load it when you select New Generation.

I have a dead SF3 New Gen cart and was wondering is there a method for desuiciding it or know of how/where I can get a working cart?

It can not be revived to New Gen but you can convert it to SuperBIOS. SuperBIOS does require a full set of simms though.

Back