What's new
Finally got a cps3 :) ... going straight to the multi with SCSI2SD :rolleyes:

Attachments

• A4641D92-B585-49C8-9F1C-C2FFE12F2FAE.jpeg
    A4641D92-B585-49C8-9F1C-C2FFE12F2FAE.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 380
Does that mean I can use either standard or custom bios' by just swapping the EEPROM? Thanks.
Regardless of the CPU that you have in your CPS3 cart, just update the flash ( with the corresponding one )and you'll be good.
Actually no, if your cart is original you MUST use the custom version of the bios and CD. If you have swapped the SH2 with a standard SH2 or are using a repro cart you must use the standard version.

can I use any cd rom drive with darsoft catridge and CD ROMM vallable here please? Can I transform any CPS3 catridge to Darksoft (for example cheap JOJO's cart). THx

You need a SCSI CD drive, not the more common IDE/PATA CD drive.

Any cart can be converted.

it's seems SCSI2SD is not fastezr than CD DRIVE and more expansive....why use it?
1. it's more compact, which makes it easier to move your PCB out of your cab and into storage
2. it's more reliable, no moving parts means less prone to failure down the road. especially for those of us that move our PCBs around a lot.

Are you asking a question? I'm a bit confused.

I think he's saying he's using an old "beta" CD and asking if you suggest he upgrade to the latest release.

Yes. The new version works better than the Beta. Specifically with Red Earth/Warzard.

Back