What's new
Alright, it's been a while since I have put my CPS3 multi in my cab, but am curious about this new release.

What is the difference between V4 and V5 of this new release, and what else is different about it?

I guess I'm wondering if there is a change log listing what is different between this new version and the old ones. :)

I just wrote the image to my SD card and updated my SIMMs a few days ago.
Far as I can see the only difference is the title screen (which now says "No CD Version" rather than "Darksoft Multi").

Heh, no DS didn't fix the region select menu... Still jumpy/touchy AF. ;)

As its indicated, it just removes the darksoft texts in first screen of all games. In Japan they will consider it a bootleg and wont be accepted for competitions otherwise.

The bug with joystick is fixed and it requires bios update. When I have time to finish it, I'll release it.

No easy way to update the cart BIOS tho correct?
I mean we can't just update it from a CD image... Requires desoldering?

Yes, no easy way. It requires desoldering, reprogramming and soldering back.

Gotcha. Thanks. I've already modified my own CD image to remove the extra text, so no need for me to update. :) Can patiently wait for the BIOS update. :)

As its indicated, it just removes the darksoft texts in first screen of all games. In Japan they will consider it a bootleg and wont be accepted for competitions otherwise.

The bug with joystick is fixed and it requires bios update. When I have time to finish it, I'll release it.
Please Darksoft, a version that directly boots on japanese version without opening the language select screen at all (even for a second) and without the darksoft text would be really awesome. It would be just like running an original CPS3 :)

Please Darksoft, a version that directly boots on japanese version without opening the language select screen at all (even for a second) and without the darksoft text would be really awesome. It would be just like running an original CPS3 :)
This has already been released. Requires to reprogram the bios though.

You need to use the last CD that I posted and the Japanese BIOS only that was also posted here:
CPS III Bios and CD Releases
Search for "Japan Version" in the first post.

You need to use the last CD that I posted and the Japanese BIOS only that was also posted here:CPS III Bios and CD Releases
Search for "Japan Version" in the first post.
Thanks Darksoft, is it the version where the language select screen appears for a second and then disappear automatically?

If a version without the region select screen at all could be released it will be just perfect to me.

I know that's just a detail and you certainly have many works with your other projects.
But if you found some time to do it that will be really awesome

I dont understand why the bios version that briefly shows the region select, but auto selects is not good enough?

I dont understand why the bios version that briefly shows the region select, but auto selects is not good enough?
there are a lot of different people with unique preferences in this world. I think you can understand if you try a little harder. Some people run legitimate arcades, not home use. Some people compete in ultra high level tournaments. Some people, unfortunately, sell bootleg/conversion/modified games as originals to gain money. Some people don't care about anything other than it being STOCK.

Do they really frown upon darksoft carts in Japan for 3S?

The 3S community in the US all use superbios carts and praise darksoft and mitsurugi as Gods among men. From what I understand there is no gameplay differences whatsoever.

Seriously, how the hell did 3S players even have a scene before the battery free and superbios development began?

I’d be really interested to hear a history lesson from darksoft and mitsurugi. Stories about sending capcom dead carts...how people used to remedy cps3 problems etc etc

there are a lot of different people with unique preferences in this world. I think you can understand if you try a little harder. Some people run legitimate arcades, not home use. Some people compete in ultra high level tournaments. Some people, unfortunately, sell bootleg/conversion/modified games as originals to gain money. Some people don't care about anything other than it being STOCK.
I’ve played both legit and darksoft carts. There is absolultly no difference between the two when it comes to gameplay. I feel if A region select that pops up for a quick second is unacceptable to you, then don’t use a darksoft cart. Go and find a legit cart to satisfy your hardcore tourney scene.

How does the request by someone for a BIOS that suits their needs negatively impact you? Just curious why you have such distaste for people who like something in a different manner than you?

If Darksoft releases a BIOS update that removes that region-select which some people don't like, does that mean you have to take a sledgehammer to your system?

I'm just always curious why people hate options so much. This doesn't impact you one bit at all.

Back