What's new
that's also a custom sh2. About the ISO use version 5 which is for custom sh2.

Yes, I've done that. I suspected that the bios on the cart is very old or something.
Normally you would see a screen with CPS3 logo and loading cd-rom text, but with this cart, it shows black screen and then asking you to insert cd-rom and press P1+button1.

I've even tried to rip the content of the CD-ROM into ISO file, and then burn that ISO file into the microSD card, it still shows the screen "Insert CD-ROM and press P1+button1" ---> after pressing that combination buttons ----> "loading" text appear and nothing really happen, still stay in the same screen.

I think you may be right. Before the SuperBIOS was made there wa a method to burn the 3rd Strike simms using two disks and a 2I cart.

If you want to confirm, burn the iso for 2nd Impact to your SCSI2SD and load the game. If it plays afterwards you essentially have a 2I cart and just need the new SuperBIOS burned to it.

If you want to confirm, burn the iso for 2nd Impact to your SCSI2SD and load the game. If it plays afterwards you essentially have a 2I cart and just need the new SuperBIOS burned to it.
Yes it works with 2nd impact iso. I guess I will need to burn new SuperBios. Gotta ask around to see if any aussie members have programmers and could help out. Otherwise I will have to send it to you i guess

I can remove and solder the BIOS chip in place but I don't have the right adapter for the programmer to burn it

I'm happy to get one made (or if you want to get it made) from buyicnow or similar and install/test it for you :)

Edit: @oneleaf86 - do you have the adapter for these?

@xodaraP Is it the same as the chip I programmed for you?
Pretty sure I have the right adapter, happy to program at no cost.
Yep, exactly that - there's 2 types (29F400 or 28F400) that are used on CPS3 carts but the carts can generally take both

You programmed the larger 28F400 for me so I'll order one now and he can keep his original BIOS the way it is.

@modology are you happy to do that and I can install the new BIOS for you?

hello i just joined i have a cps 3 and a taito type x2 arcade, plus atomiswave pcb and would like to get the ssd multi for the taito type x2 a muti rom for atomiswave and the super bios cps 3 please tell me where i can get those at thanks

No multi for Atomiswave system... I play the patched ROMs on (NetBoot) Naomi however.
PM @Mitsurugi-w for CPS3 cart conversion services.
PM @Niko for X2 SSD services (I think I don't actually have one of thos)

thank so much I will contact them am new at how to go about things on this forum do you have the CPS3 super bios

I do have a SuperBIOS cart, its great! Love SF3-3rd, best way to play.

Hello everyone.Thank you very much to darksoft for these constant updates, I do not stop following your post, currently I have used all the bios and they work very well except the NOCD bios, I recorded it in my cartridge but still it asks me for the cd-rom, in The description says it should be used carefully.Could someone tell me how it works?

Hello everyone.Thank you very much to darksoft for these constant updates, I do not stop following your post, currently I have used all the bios and they work very well except the NOCD bios, I recorded it in my cartridge but still it asks me for the cd-rom, in The description says it should be used carefully.Could someone tell me how it works?
Check mitsurugi’s YouTube channel, I think I remember seeing videos about the no cd version

Hola a todos.Muchas gracias a darksoft por estas actualizaciones constantes, no dejo de seguir su publicación, actualmente he usado todas las biografías y funcionan muy bien, excepto las biografías de NOCD, las grabé en mi cartucho pero aún así me pregunta para el CD-ROM, en La descripción dice que debe usarse con cuidado. ¿Podría alguien decirme cómo funciona?
Mira el canal de YouTube de Mitsurugi, creo recordar haber visto videos sobre la versión sin CD
that's video is just for cartridges still alive no cd, we can't use no cd versions directly qit darksoft cartridge
Check mitsurugi’s YouTube channel, I think I remember seeing videos about the no cd version
that's video is just for cartridges still alive no cd versions, we can't use no cd versions directly with darksoft cartridge

I would like Darksoft to explain how to use this version of bios, again use this version of bios nocd and the cartridge directly enters the us version and still asks for the cd-rom

Back