What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Several people asked for these so here they are. I will only be selling this as a DIY kit. Price is $50 plus shipping in the USA.

The kit is easy to assemble it is just busy work I do not have time for now. There are some surface mount diodes and I WILL go ahead and solder those for you. Then you will just need to solder the pins, through-hole diodes and Hirose kick connector. You will also need to make a cable to connect each pcb to the condenser. I can provide a CPS2 kick harness connector and pins so you can crimp your own wires if you are connecting to CPS2 pcbs. $7 per connector with pins. I may stock the other connectors to connect to CPS1 and directly to the condenser at a later date. Dupont cables will work fine for this also. Just connect them 1 to 1.

Fully assembled (you will assemble)

YWZLDtn.jpg

The kit will have the SMD diodes already soldered like the unit on the right

PyPvnzG.jpg

Harness not included

iOQK8o2.jpg

Here are the connectors you need to make your own harnesses:

11-pin: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/22-01-3117/

Pins: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/08-50-0113-Cut-Strip/

Capcom Kick Connector: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hirose-Electric/DF1B-34DS-25RC/

Pins: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hirose-Connector/DF1B-2022SCF/

What does this do?
It allows you to run multiple pcbs in a single cabinet without control issues. For example you could run a CPS2, CPS3, and original CPS1 Street Fighter games in one cabinet using a multi-JAMMA setup.

This looks awesome. To cool!

What type of mutli-jamma device would you suggest if you wanted to run the CPS2 multikit, SF2 board, and CPS3 board all in one cabinet? I've seen a few multi-jamma adapters but haven't made the jump to buy one yet.

Hmmm...though you say it is easy - the soldering on the condenser might be over my noob head. Though it definitely solves the problem of having to repeatedly switch kick harnesses.

I do the surface mount work for you. The through hole stuff is easy and probably good practice for a novice. Get you an iron, solder, and flux and give it a go.

Probably going to need one of these at some point. I have an older revision of this from Summitt, but I like the layout of this one better.

Let me make sure I understand how to hook it up, though. So I'm assuming the harness connection on the left (standard CPS2?) goes to the control panel itself, while the others on the right are what would go to the PCBs. Are the PCB connections standard CPS1 that would just need to be converted to CPS2/3 as needed (I think you say as much in your OP, I just wanted to be sure)?

Also, is there any technical reason that you couldn't also use this with games like TMNT, Simpsons, or even NBA Jam, so long as the harnesses are wired correctly?

Probably going to need one of these at some point. I have an older revision of this from Summitt, but I like the layout of this one better.

Let me make sure I understand how to hook it up, though. So I'm assuming the harness connection on the left (standard CPS2?) goes to the control panel itself, while the others on the right are what would go to the PCBs. Are the PCB connections standard CPS1 that would just need to be converted to CPS2/3 as needed (I think you say as much in your OP, I just wanted to be sure)?

Also, is there any technical reason that you couldn't also use this with games like TMNT, Simpsons, or even NBA Jam, so long as the harnesses are wired correctly?
Yeah the CPS2 connector goes to the control panel. You can use this for any games really as long as you wire it correctly. I got the design directly from Brandon. I really just changed the text and installed the CPS2 connector instead. Keep in mind that I can provide the kick connector to connect to your CPS2 or 3 boards and pins to assist in making your cables. I will probably sell them for $7 each.

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I even registered here just so i can find out how to get one of these!

How do i go about ordering this and whats the turn around time?

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I even registered here just so i can find out how to get one of these!

How do i go about ordering this and whats the turn around time?
They are DIY solder kits so I could ship one out tomorrow. You will need to provide your own cables for between your pcbs and this condenser at this time. I can provide the connector for between the condenser and your control panel. If you already have a CPS2 kick harness it will plug right in. Otherwise you would need a crimper to make your cable.

Oh awesome! That sounds great! Who and where do i send payment and my details to?

Yes. They are still DIY and you have to make your own cables.

Back