What's new
I was reminded earlier today about the CPS2 Spinner board for Puzz Loop 2:
puzzloopfront.jpg

I'm curious if anyone knows if this functions similarly to Brizzo's board here.
Received this board today with the puzz loop2 board (arrived dead).
I tried to use this board with Eco Fighters but all i got is a complete loop of controls, like if a spinner is Always in rotation.
Of course i didn't attach any spinner on it since i don't have any pinout for this board.
Someone could tell me which is the pinout of this board and if i need a special version of Eco Fighters to have use of it?

I tried to use this board with Eco Fighters but all i got is a complete loop of controls, like if a spinner is Always in rotation.
Of course i didn't attach any spinner on it since i don't have any pinout for this board.
Someone could tell me which is the pinout of this board and if i need a special version of Eco Fighters to have use of it?
I think Puzz Loop mapps the spinner to the directions doesn't it? that board may need to be modified for eco fighters so that the spinner controls are mapped to the buttons that Eco Fighters uses.

I think Puzz Loop mapps the spinner to the directions doesn't it? that board may need to be modified for eco fighters so that the spinner controls are mapped to the buttons that Eco Fighters uses.
If that would be the problem i can do an adaptor.
But strange is that without spinner attached but only the jamma and normal controls, i have the menu and the game Always in rotation, like if i have some button pressed.
I don't know why.
Now i see a picture of that board connected to a spinner, so i should have tracked down the pinout
1 GND (P1/P2) --> 3/4 GND
2 LEFT --> 5 LEFT
3 LEFT (P2)
6 RIGHT --> 6 RIGHT
7 RIGHT (P2)
10 +5V (P1/P2) --> 1/2 +5V

1-10 is the capcom connector
1-6 is the Taito spinner.

as informed earlier, I think that eco fighter works great with Brizzo adapter but you have to cut the two spinner traces to PCB side and rewire them to button 1 and 3.
I don't have eco fighter to test but I think it can work very good

The eco fighter spinner adatper is totally different from the puzz loop one, it attaches to the kick harness if I remember well

as informed earlier, I think that eco fighter works great with Brizzo adapter but you have to cut the two spinner traces to PCB side and rewire them to button 1 and 3.
I don't have eco fighter to test but I think it can work very good

The eco fighter spinner adatper is totally different from the puzz loop one, it attaches to the kick harness if I remember well
Doing and adaptor to change buttons-directions is not a problem.
I just have to understand how those boards working.
Do you have pictures of the eco fighters spinner board?
The only info i find about a spinner board for it is this one
http://www.higenekodo.jp/shop/list.cgi?category=parts&file=1395584771

Where it seems the same Puzz Loop2 spinner board with a jumper to works on one or the other game.
Shame they don't have it anymore, but apart the jumper, it seems really similar to the capcom original Puzz Loop2.

I am not sure. to enable analogue controls built into the program of Eco Fighter you have to set a bit on one of the unused inputs on the kick harness.
With Brizzo adapter you don't enable the analogue controls but you simulate a short or extende push of the rotating buttons.
It could work very good in my opinion

the ones that I have have spindles that are plastic instead of metal and the encoder board just has the text "TS-30" on it.
do you have pictures of those. I don't think I've seen that spinner before.
Oops, completely missed this post of yours, TS. Here's some pics:

taito_spinners_0.jpg
taito_spinners_2.jpg

Anyway, the photointerrupter on mine stopped working. Punching Sharp and A52 in to Google, first result is a GP1A52HRJ00F. Knowing nothing about photointerrupters, does anyone know if that's a suitable replacement?
I've got a set like this too.

Attachments

• 56800672_423595268210316_4697051087595634688_n.jpg
    56800672_423595268210316_4697051087595634688_n.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 56857718_636252306821667_9030149884933570560_n.jpg
    56857718_636252306821667_9030149884933570560_n.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 226
I still need a new photointerrupter for mine. Does anyone know anything about them?

Reactions: nem
It had been previously discussed to see if it was possible to get an Ultimarc SpinTrak spinner working with my JAMMA Spinner Adapter

@rtw was kind enough to donate a SpinTrak to convince me to get this done!

Came up with this design today after hand soldering the circuit for testing (which worked!):

spinner_divider-r001s.png

The concept is the SpinTrak outputs 1200 pulses per 1 revolution of the knob. Where as the classic Taito style spinner, outputs 300 pulses per 1 revolution (PPR).

If you were to compare using both styles of spinners with my jamma adapter, you could turn the SpinTrak 1/4 turn, with the Taito taking 1 full turn to get the same result. The SpinTrak was far too sensitive to play games this way

This circuit board gives the options to divide the spinner output (1200 PPR) by 2, 4, or 8. (600 PPR, 300 PPR, 150 PPR). Not sure if all these options are needed, but may as well add the feature for a small amount in extra parts! :)

Will post an update when these come back from factory and are assembled/tested :thumbsup:
Hi Brizzo, you have a news of this boards?

It's for play with puchi carrat with an Ultimarc spintrak

It's possible to have 480 pulses like taito spinner?

I have gotten myself an original Arkanoid board and now I need a spinner for it
What is the best spinner to get for it that will work with other arcade pcbs that require a spinner
I have looked at the SpinTrak and the TurboTwist 2 but not sure if they will just work out of the box
Any help appreciated
Thanks

I have looked at the SpinTrak and the TurboTwist 2 but not sure if they will just work out of the box
They won't work, at least not like the original controllers. The reason is:

The concept is the SpinTrak outputs 1200 pulses per 1 revolution of the knob. Where as the classic Taito style spinner, outputs 300 pulses per 1 revolution (PPR).

What is the best spinner to get for it that will work with other arcade pcbs that require a spinner
Get a 4-gear Taito Spinner. It's what the original Arkanoid cabs shipped with and IMO it's the quintessential arcade spinner. It's also the most common in terms of real arcade spinners as it's what Taito Used on all of their spinner games and they made the most of them.

Prices range from $50 for one that needs to be rebuilt to $100 for a nice rebuilt one. You can find them NOS but people usually ask $200 for those. If you keep an eye on KLOV they tend to pop up their reasonably

Wow good bump. I haven’t seen this thread. @brizzo are those pulse divider board available somewhere?

Last I know he couldn't get them working correctly.

Back