What's new
Thanks for posting your HDD image @gu78!
You're welcome!I added the .iso image link as well. For this you can use Win32 Disk Imager.
https://mega.nz/#!mlA1DY4S!dukONA5xJRecN26AICfF1tlZUkosZ6AJaF9y38eQYHQ
Good Info! Anyone know what the motherboard type is?
I don't have it nearby, I remember that the MB is a Foxconn, regular microATX. My CPU I think is a Celeron 900MHz. Then it has a GameBox board, as you can see in the first post in this threat, where the JAMMA connector is plugged, with some wiring welded to the PS/2, video and sound ports.

I think this gamebox board has many more possibilities, if only more documentation were available...

Thank you so much @gu78

I will finally be able to make my cabinet fully functionnable.

PS: this is all the documentation I got, but I don't remember if it's from the store where I get the cabinet or anywhere else.
Maybe it can be interesting for somebody.

Attachments

• 446in1 Gamebox.pdf
    384.5 KB · Views: 335
  • cf_en.pdf
    503.2 KB · Views: 298
  • GAMEBOX_EN.pdf
    613.4 KB · Views: 298
  • WIN2K_EN.pdf
    550.6 KB · Views: 225
Hello. I can't get working your images, gu78. There is some issue at 93% and stops the cloning.
I have a Gamebox 2008, ver 4.12, and i can say they are similar or even the same version. My image is working with no problems, but the same issue to "advmame.exe". I can't understand why we can't execute the original advmame.exe from the clone.
Did anyone solve this?.

I had the same problème with the image made with hdguru, but you can use the iso, it works great.

The original advmame.exe was built with a protection link to the hardware, so it will not load a game if the hardware is not the original one.
I read this on an old forum.

Did you check how this file works?. I did.
I ran that advmame.exe in Dosbox and it's not checking anything.

Last edited:
Back again after some years. I didn't have the cabinet at home. Now it's time to "play" again ;)

Last step: I had the SD card with some games not working.
Now: SD card stopped working and original HD died (click of death) :/

I redumped the image to the SD. Checked with imgc and iso dumps I posted here. Menu loads but games don't.
I've a pandora Box 4s+ as well, but I don't like the "in-game coin logic". Also, some games are remakes or versions of the originals, lack of translations... Yes, gamebox is my favourite!

Well, back to the topic.
I mounted a copy of the ISO dump and updated with the latest versions of AdvanceMAME (disk root) and ArcadeOS (\emu folder) files. Put the updated ISO into the SD and I've tested some games.
Now I'm trying to change advmame settings, as the menu fills the whole screen but the games are like in a vertical screen, So I've 2 gaps at the sides. Maybe because changes at the settings between versions of the software.

UPDATE: After update all the the advmame.rc, located at \diff subfolders, the games are now fitting the whole screen.

Before:
display_resize none
display_aspectx 4
display_aspecty 3

After:
display_resize mixed
display_aspect 4/3

Now my target is to add/remove games. Any clue about this?

Last edited:
Good Info! Anyone know what the motherboard type is?
Onscreen BIOS information about the MB model is just GAMEBOX.
Chipset is SIS630E.
BIOS version is 23/10/2003 - EVEM+ - 6A6IRE1GC-00

I didn't find any manufacturer/model information written in the board.

I had the same problème with the image made with hdguru, but you can use the iso, it works great.

The original advmame.exe was built with a protection link to the hardware, so it will not load a game if the hardware is not the original one.
I read this on an old forum.
Whatever HW protection is not in MAME, as I replaced the embeded files with new versions and it's working.

As far as I've checked, ArcadeOS (check older post) loads the menu, and from here it loads the ROMs.

There's some piece of software that checks the microswitches and detects changes on boot. As there's a lot of rubbish files in the HDD, is not easy to follow the boot sequence.
I created a VM with the ISO file in order to trace this, but the boot stops when it doesn't detect some hardware.

My intention is to replace the OS with FreeDOS, and, maybe, add a PCI ethernet card for remote management.

Well, I'm still "working" on this. I want to use the box that I already have instead of spending € on a Pi2Jamma or similar :thumbup:

The autoexec.bat file just executes the game.com file at the root dir. I "migrated" to a FreeDOS, but it launches a memory error. That's because memory manager executables in FreeDOS are different than in MS-DOS, so.. Quite extrange, don't you?

I opened game.com file with a text editor, looking for a clue or something. Sometimes you find plain text information that can be usefull.
Et voilá, it's just a converted batch file made with BAT2EXEC 1.5. Now I'm trying to dissasemble the file...
bat2exe.jpg

EDIT: It seems that back in 2011 someone found the same.

An initial look to the file, it creates a virtual RAM disk, copies the needed software into this drive, checks the DIP switch settings with \emu\dip.exe...

The thing is it's basically using ArcadeOS and AdvancedMAME, so it's a first step to modify our boxes.

I promise I'll post here the disc image once I get this working with FreeDOS.

Last edited:
Back