What's new
Upon close inspection of the adapter, other than sharing a few possible traits, there is zero chance it is compatible with this board. I will make my own adapter for this, as the audio amp on this appears to be from the late 1970's. Rather miffed about that. The entire adapter is about $5 and I'm sure I could make something much, much better.

Plans are being finalized for a purchase that once it arrives, I feel I will have enough substance to the project that I can create a proper thread for it outside this introduction. However, the new direction my project will be taking (should this purchase go through) makes me unsure which category I should start it in. Of course if I gave you specifics you could easily tell me, but that would ruin the (highly possible) surprise purchase. :P

Welcome! I've never been a huge fan of the Genesis games, but I did enjoy Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast.

Welcome! I've never been a huge fan of the Genesis games, but I did enjoy Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast.
Thanks! I think Sonic Adventure 1/2 era "Sonic" was my plateau for Sonic fan hype. I owned Sonic 3 as a kid and never had a Saturn, so I skipped the 32-bit era and moved right into the 128-bit console generation where the PS2 took reign. Only ever having played Sonic Championship once as a kid in between this long gap where things such as Sonic Mars/X-Treme and a killer Sonic app for the Saturn never took place, the arcade was my only experience Sonic in 3D. I wish to preserve and better understand the Arcade hardware that may become too scarce to preserve in the near future.

"SegaSonic The Hedgehog"
It's only "sought-after" as a collectors piece.
Far as the game and gameplay go's, it's really not very cool/fun at all.

Not to mention the two other (flying squirrel and armadillo) characters appearing in that game.
Really strange design on them, and I don't believe ever appearing in another Sonic title?

*Update* From the Wiki; "Mighty would later appear as a playable character for the Sega 32X game, Knuckles' Chaotix.[4] Ray never appeared in any subsequent games, but he and Mighty would both be featured in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series from Archie Comics."

I like to pretend like this game was never made/never existed at all. ;)

I would like to thank everyone again for their warm welcomes and open arms to what is a fascinating and great looking community, but just like Sonic, things have moved very fast and before my project has even began, I must bow out. I hope you continue your research on the billboard, twistedsmphony, as I believe it will be valuable information for the future. The billboard it is not supported by the Model2 emulator but can be extended to support it in LUA at some point, but emulation with the current Model2 emulator (sometimes incorrectly referred to as "Nebula") will never be continued as the author now works for gaming companies. I have read R.Belmond (former MAME dev) has the source code, but it's translation/implementation into MAME seems to be going nowhere. I was hoping my project would help shed some light on some of the features, possibly unused, of the Model2 hardware and have some nice technical documentation for it, perhaps even homebrew. Alas, that day will never come it seems.

Good luck on all and any future projects! I hope to see great things published that come from this community!

I feel enough time has passed that I can publicly disclose what happened:

So while getting Sonic the Fighters up and running and possibly activating debug on live hardware (WE FOUND THE GODBIT TO ENABLE DEBUG MODE!!!), my other plan for the arcade board was to attempt to reverse engineer what is essentially a shell of an operating system that AM2 had created using the QT960 along with the existing Linux branch for the i960 to scan the KB-25 processor for flaws and vulnerabilities. Intel was offering bounties for finding vulnerabilities in their newer processors, hence Spectre and Meltdown were found, but I wanted to analyze the 80960KB processor as it shared similarities with military technology. Yes, the chip inside the Model2 lineup shares the bloodline of F-22 fighter jets. I felt I could try to make a buck and learn a lot too, but it was in late September 2017 I began to notice both my computer and phone acting strangely.

I was hacked and my phone was being tapped.

Some entity or organization had been spying on what were only theoretically possible notes to penetrate the processor and either wanted the vulnerabilities to themselves or wanted to prevent them from being found. In either case, it never happened as I was at the mercy of these hackers for quite some time and I think over time as I began to research more facts and collect books on the 80960 processor family that my notes, even theoretical, would take far more effort than I was capable of or access to technologies that were behind hardened locks and keys.

What had happened, I'm guessing, is they fuzzed my transaction on Retroelectronik.com and my PayPal so I could not order the supergun. To this day, Fabien has still not sent me the supergun I paid for and PayPal had eaten my payment. I have seen other members receive their orders here on the Arcade Project forums, and neither Fabien on eBay or his partner, ch0upette69, list superguns for sale since. I once tried to contact Fabien on the wallbox2mp3 forms, but the site has been hacked with Russian spam and not even the clock on the server is alive. Speaking to Fabien through ch0upette69 allowed me to plead my case with both my Retroeletronik and PayPal order numbers, but I fear that I may never get the supergun I wanted. I have seen others and the customization of the Retroeletronik supergun would have fit my needs nicely for online Twitch play. I wanted to wire the supergun up to an arduino using the screw terminals, which would be controlled remotely by someone watching the same display input on a linux server that would also pass-through the inputs, allowing nearly live gameplay with myself on an actual arcade unit in my home. But as the story came to be, that didn't happen.

So am I still hacked? Is someone still watching me? The answer is "who knows", but as more truth came to me in the form of old books and manuals regarding the i960 processor, things seemed to simmer down and I don't know how much "heat" I generate anymore.

So yeah, wild story, and I'm still down a supergun..... :S

Back