What's new

Richard

Beginner
Reaction score
Just got my first arcade board (Doesn't count probably because its a PC). Along with a System 246 system. This is the error I get booting the Taito Type X, I assume it might be because I have no I/O board maybe? Can any one help?

Regards,
Rich.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 462
It's some kind of device error. Most games will give you an I/O error if it is not present. I'm not sure which device it is referring to. What game is installed and do you have the dongle for the game?

its a King of Fighters (KOF game). Not sure what one but its running on a celron processor. I have the dongle inserted in the back (Black and white USB stick). I believe it may be related to GFX as I have swapped the GFX card to a random one and assume that its erroring because of that.

It does require one of two specific video cards so yes that is probably the problem.

the translation is....

"Performance of the device could not be acquired"

you can't swap random video cards in any PC-based arcade system. All require the genuine cards made by the manufacturers as they all have a custom firmware. If you have access to smd equipment you can pull the flashROM and re-program it with the custom firmware but that subject is better researched somewhere else.

I studied Japanese for 0 years, 0 months, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds :D

I suspect the old card was outputting in 15 KHz and my friend just swapped it to see what will happen. I found out my TV shows system 246 error messages relating to JAMMA so I'm thinking it works with older 15KHz. Probably should have kept one of those thousands of CRT screens I put in the dump many years ago...

Just FYI, I replaced the graphics card with a 9600 generic variant with no DVI port and it booted and got to the JVS ERROR screen =).

can you post a photo of the exact card front and back? apparently the Type X only works with certain video cards.

Heres a picture of the front. Sorry for the late reply. Been cleaning up my dump of a house and cleaning my car!

Attachments

• 20150918_145228 (Medium).jpg
    20150918_145228 (Medium).jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 269
Back