What's new
Sometimes I buy arcade games.
Sometimes I work on projects.

Together, they are arcade game projects.

You might have seen my name before, I'm just a human being that likes games a lot.

Collection
Shou, sorry to say man but you are beyond human, more like super human with the largest collection of pcbs anyone could imagine…Im forgetting a lot more but awesome preservation of arcade games man. :thumbup:
There are actually at least 5 guys who have much more than me in Japan. There's always someone who's got more.

We met in person before!

...so which games are you playing?
I spend much more time lately on projects and preservation as timing is becoming much more relevant.EPROM devices are well past their life expectancy so I hunt rare games and prototypes here in Japan by penetrating local collector circles.

Yesterday, I spent about 12 hours on a dumping project and putting up some of my games for play in a popular Tokyo arcade.

Boards I played this week are:
Arm Wrestling
Kira Kira Star Night AC
SF2WW 920312
it's great to count with great collectors like you that are willing to help preserve all these games. :thumbup:

You might have seen my name before, I'm just a human being that likes games a lot.

Collection
Shou, sorry to say man but you are beyond human, more like super human with the largest collection of pcbs anyone could imagine…Im forgetting a lot more but awesome preservation of arcade games man. :thumbup:
There are actually at least 5 guys who have much more than me in Japan. There's always someone who's got more.

We met in person before!
I know what you mean but you still have an amazing set up.

I know we did. At TRY, you had your dog with you and were getting one of your boards checked out because it wasnt playing correctly. I was buying a PGM game and we briefly chatted. That was the first time I had ever met anyone who knew who I was so at that tim I didnt know how to react. It was more of shock on my part than anything.

I wasnt sure if I had the pgm game or not but you told me that I actually did so I bought a different one. You told me about your games and how you keep then in regulated temperature storage to protect them and that you had a lot of them.

You took a picture, we said good buy and that was the first and last time we met in person.

I bet you cant believe what you are reading right now but I have a photographic memory.

Wish we had more time to chat at the time but there wasnt enough.

Since then Ive actually bought a couple of arcade boards off you (but you already knew that :) ) and missed out on the chance once but I didnt know it was you and thought it was someone else which was my mistake.

Take care man and hope all is good

Welcome!

749956.png

...so which games are you playing?
I spend much more time lately on projects and preservation as timing is becoming much more relevant.EPROM devices are well past their life expectancy so I hunt rare games and prototypes here in Japan by penetrating local collector circles.
Yesterday, I spent about 12 hours on a dumping project and putting up some of my games for play in a popular Tokyo arcade.

Boards I played this week are:
Arm Wrestling
Kira Kira Star Night AC
SF2WW 920312
it's great to count with great collectors like you that are willing to help preserve all these games. :thumbup:
No, thanks to people like you, operators and collectors are able to use our favorite games for longer than anyone had originally intended.

Do they sell the Taito X2 stove in America?

Good to see you here, as the foremost English speaking arcade collector in Japan!

Get all your stuff from Brian finally?

Welcome Shou! And thank you for all your contributions over time :)

Collection
We met in person before!
I know what you mean but you still have an amazing set up.
I know we did. At TRY, you had your dog with you and were getting one of your boards checked out because it wasnt playing correctly. I was buying a PGM game and we briefly chatted. That was the first time I had ever met anyone who knew who I was so at that tim I didnt know how to react. It was more of shock on my part than anything.

I wasnt sure if I had the pgm game or not but you told me that I actually did so I bought a different one. You told me about your games and how you keep then in regulated temperature storage to protect them and that you had a lot of them.

You took a picture, we said good buy and that was the first and last time we met in person.

I bet you cant believe what you are reading right now but I have a photographic memory.

Since then Ive actually bought a couple of arcade boards off you (but you already knew that :) ) and missed out on the chance once but I didnt know it was you and thought it was someone else which was my mistake.

I do remember all of that.
I'm in Akiba quite often, probably once a week to deal with arcade stuff so surprising we haven't run into each other again.

Collection
There are actually at least 5 guys who have much more than me in Japan. There's always someone who's got more.We met in person before!
I know what you mean but you still have an amazing set up.I know we did. At TRY, you had your dog with you and were getting one of your boards checked out because it wasnt playing correctly. I was buying a PGM game and we briefly chatted. That was the first time I had ever met anyone who knew who I was so at that tim I didnt know how to react. It was more of shock on my part than anything.

I do remember all of that.I'm in Akiba quite often, probably once a week to deal with arcade stuff so surprising we haven't run into each other again.
I havent been to Aki in at least a few months now. Last time I went, TRY and G-Front were gone and Im gussing Mak is next. On many levels Akiba has changed so I lost interest in going there. Now I just spend most time repairing what Ive got here for hardware and picking up the random game or system here and there

Off topic Thanks a lot I have learn a lot form watching your Youtube Channel @lukemorse1 :thumbsup:
thanks a lot for the kind words man, much appreciated. If you want to see something that was a bit of a challenge, check out the "barntendo" vid I just put up today. That should provide some entertainment at least :S

Amazing collection!

Attachments

• IMG_3640.JPG
    IMG_3640.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 194
welcome aboard @ShouTime

you have quite a few things in your collection i would love to one day own.

Hideki Kamiya has a very nice collection, and i love his Ninja Warriors dedication, not many games you can play on a 3 monitor setup like that.
A very good quote from him, "some of them are 30 years old, and like antiques". I think these days it is more about preservation and archeology in some aspects, there are games at risk of being lost to time (eprom damage etc.)

@ShouTime, in your video, is that the kitchen/sink and kitchen cupboard filled with pcb's? 8o

Back