What's new

adsa

Student
Reaction score
Hi Folks

NeoGeo, CPS2 and a multitude of other PCB's and consoles no trouble on my lovely plasma. Image shows on my little SONY CRT only. Would the OSSC converter work here to display on my Plasma? I really like the Taito F3 and would be a shame not to be able to kick back and play. Anybody else got any experience here?

Does the F3 not have a weird refresh rate?
I have two B&O MX sets that refuse to show a 15khz picture from my Naomi.
Jassin would be the person to comment here, but the OSSC won't do anything for the refresh rate...

The Taito F3 indeed has a strange refresh rate. I can only get it to sync with my Framemeister. It's the only board I own that refuses to sync with my OSSC.

So yeah, a Framemeister might be your answer, but can you tell us more details of your setup? What model Is your plasma? What SuperGun are you using? What type of connection between the two?

Does the F3 not have a weird refresh rate?
I have two B&O MX sets that refuse to show a 15khz picture from my Naomi.
F3 works perfectly with my mx7000, but it's not optimal in my Polostar trisync (I can't fill the completely the screen, no matter what I do with the adjustment controls)

Jassin would be the person to comment here, but the OSSC won't do anything for the refresh rate...
ShootTheCore actually reported this strange F3 sync issue with the OSSC long before I did...
Just to echo what he has said above, I've only got two scalers that will accept the refresh rate coming from the F3.

1. Official Taito Vewlix JAMMA kit
  2. xRGB Mini "Framemeister"

Odd thing with the Naomi is that it works fine via VGA -> JVS Jamma I/O -> HAS Unit, but not VGA -> Extron RGB Interface.

Not sure what the JVS or Taito Jamma kits are doing to the signal...

You can use the OSSC with the VGA output of the Naomi, looks stunning!
nZWFaRV.jpg

I'm actually using a Dreamcast here, but you get the idea/its the same.
aDJbm2T.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

My Plasma is a Pioneer Kuro PDPLX5090

Supergun is a RetroElectronik Progamer

http://retroelectronik.com/en/super...autofirevoltmeter-included-5674864654514.html

I have Neo Geo joysticks. Luv 'em.

I use the SCART output via a cable that is completely connected on every pin.
The Home Arcade System (HAS) SuperGun has a jumper setting you can use to either use the board's sync signal, or to regenerate the sync signal via an internal circuit. I don't know if the RetroElectronik SuoerGun has a similar option-check and see.

Otherwise, I think a Framemeister would be your best option for getting that board to display on that TV. The OSSC doesn't have great compatibility with the F3 board, and there's no report of how well it gets along with your model of Pioneer plasma on the OSSC Compatibility thread.

https://www.videogameperfection.com/forums/topic/tv-compatibility/

and there's no report of how well it gets along with your model of Pioneer plasma on the OSSC Compatibility thread.
This! If you've got a iScan DVDO VP30/50/50 Pro you can use it to "correct" (adjust) the sync before outputting to the TV.

OK, I think I now have it worked out :D

I forgot I had one of those Chinese HD9800 V5 converters from separate feeds RGB+S+GND output to VGA. After I managed to turn from Chinese to English I then managed to get the picture to display correctly. Brilliant!

Thank you for your help. The replies really helped me work my way to success. The picture isn't perfect, but for a £15 converter I couldn't be happier. Now wheres my multicart??????

Good job - glad you got it working!

Would you mind posting a pic or two? I'm curious to see how the F3 looks on that sweet, sweet plasma. :D

OMG you beat up Mitsu and stole his proto board!!!

@Asure Inside ftw

OK, sussed inserting :)

Puzzle Bobble 2 is through the HD9800. Looks more than acceptable although noise artifacts are visible from scaling. NeoGeo is for reference via SCART. To be honest they all look crap through my camera.

2017-06-30 165826.jpg
2017-06-30 170230.jpg
2017-06-30 170240.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-06-30 165831.jpg
    2017-06-30 165831.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 262
  • 2017-06-30 170235.jpg
    2017-06-30 170235.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Back