What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Guys - I have a sega JVS I/O version 3 that I would like to connect to a Vewlix to be used with a RingEdge 2.. Where does this yellow cable goes? It is label P1

On a Taito JVS board the yellow cable goes to P1 which I think is power.

bonus question --
can I use a Taito JVS with the RingEdge 2 system?
can I use a Sega JVS with a Type X2 system?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,376
  • dsc01303_1.jpg
    dsc01303_1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 588
That conector is +5V power and goes to CN7 or CN8 any of them is ok.

RingEdge2 games will work only with Sega type 3 JVS I/O board.

Yes, both conectors are the same, no matter what the manual says

I tried the Sega JVS but I do not seem to get joystick or buttons input on the X2 or Naomi..Maybe the way that the controllers are wire? The Naomi does not complain about not seeing the i/o but the Joy, nor the buttons work, same with X2.. The RingEdge 2, I do not current have a game to test.

How did you connect your wiring?
Vewlix harness does not match Sega harness, most pins are for a different function

I used the original wire, harness that came with the Vewlix.. there are two small claps from the wiring harness that I shave (specific to the Taito I/O) off so it could go into the Sega I/O. I need a Sega wiring harness cables?

yes some cables are switch around. there is a board taito made for it. but normally dont go cheap on yaj which is silly because its just a passive pcb that changes the pin out.

ps if anyone has one some high res pics would be great as i'd like to repo it and do a small run for the peoples here

I used the original wire, harness that came with the Vewlix.. there are two small claps from the wiring harness that I shave (specific to the Taito I/O) off so it could go into the Sega I/O. I need a Sega wiring harness cables?
I doing exactly the opposite now, making a Sega harness compatible with a Vewlix Fast I/O.
I bought a 2nd Sega harness so i have 1 stock harness and 1 Taito modified harness.

Look at the pinouts from the Taito manual and compare that to the Sega overview.
Most controls are moved 1 pin, but all service/test/coin are in a completely different position.

yes some cables are switch around. there is a board taito made for it. but normally dont go cheap on yaj which is silly because its just a passive pcb that changes the pin out.

ps if anyone has one some high res pics would be great as i'd like to repo it and do a small run for the peoples here
Will these do?

Taito Type X Family Discussion/ Information Thread

that would be awesome Corey.. I would like to have the RingEdge 2 and a Lindy in the vewlix:)

Did you ever get high res pics of IO conversion board for repros?
I have a board if you still need pics

Necro bumping this to see if anyone has attempted this? Seems like it shouldnt be too hard to reproduce?

Just connected the P1 to cn7, the i/o board started to smoke. Shit that didnt work

Just connected the P1 to cn7, the i/o board started to smoke. Shit that didnt work
because taito io uses 12v and the sega uses 5v, hence why you saw the magic smoke. You need to tap 5v power elsewhere or use a 12v to 5v converter.
or get one of these when available

https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...adapter-for-vewlix-cabinets.10508/post-169717
Yes i found out that right after, when looking at Sega and taito i/o electric schematic.
Always read schematic first, i never learn :thumbup:

Back