What's new

Arcadia

Beginner
Reaction score
Recently acquired a Taito X2 that came with a multi game ssd – everything and all games work great.

Decided to try the USB Mame stick (usb configured with all files), have plugged in but instead of going to Mame selection menu, it just boots to the normal multi game selection menu.

Have tried all four usb ports (from reset and cold boot) – always the same result.

Plugged a keyboard in to have a look in the BIOS – none of the usual keys would access this (guess it is a custom BIOS on these machines to stop such things).

So my question is to other X2 owners with experience running the Mame USB setup, has this happened to you or have some suggestions for what else to try.

Many thanks for any help received.

Where did you get your SSD from? IF you got it from AMB and did not purchase the MAME option from him then the SSD will not boot the MAME usb unless you change a file.

Hi Mitsurugi,

The X2 had the multi ssd already fitted when I got it, yes it is a AMB (his website address is in the menu title bar) – the usb stick was from a friend who had the same setup in his X2, has since sold his multi setup, but gave the usb stick to me.

Guess the original owner must have just purchased the ssd only, my friend purchased the ssd/usb setup, so that must be why the usb stick worked for him and not me.

Do you know which file needs changing ? – no problem if not, can contact AMB now I know what is happening to see if he can sort things out for me.

Many thanks for your reply and help.

He'll probably charge you for the MAME file and if you mention us he we charge you triple so I would avoid saying anything about us to him. :)

That sounds promising. Any clues as to what was involved?

Are we talking about the multigame drives or a legit game drive with the security dongle?

Back