What's new

FrancoB

Champion
Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread to post some links to some CAD files I've created for various things. If you have anything else you feel belongs here please feel to post and I'll update the top post.

Hopefully these files will be of use in case you want to get your own panels/parts cut or if you want to design artwork etc. All files are available in DXF/DWG. I can export files to .EPS on request.

I'll start off by posting some Sega CPs. I've got some Sega Mini CPs/plastics CAD files to post along with all of the marquee holders I used to make.

SEGA CONTROL PANELS

I brought my 1L6B and 2L12B panels into work and took all the dimensions for them and I made CAD drawings of all of the layouts possible from each one.

I've got the following panels uploaded in .DWG and .DXF:

Layout%20legend%202L-XL.png

Layout%20legend%201L-XL.png

You can download AutoCAD 2000 versions [here] or AutoCAD 2015 versions [here]

I can also export them to .EPS if required, just let me know.

Please note that some hole positions may vary from one manufacturer to another. If you're designing an overlay to fit an existing panel it might be worth doing a test print prior to getting your CPO printed to make sure everything aligns as it should.

I do know a few panels have been cut from these plans and I've been told and they fit Sega cabs nicely.

VEWLIX CONTROL PANELS

Modelled from a E3102171A 2L14B panel kindly donated by Derick2k

Vewlix_2l14B.dxf
i-svkQ2j7.png

Standard 2L14B panel for use with E3018350A joystick brackets.

Vewlix_Mounting_Plate_E3018350A.dxf
i-gzjcsJ7.png

E3018350A joystick brackets for use with E3102171A panels.

Vewlix_2L14B_V2.dxf
i-JXBp2k3.png

Identical to the E3102171A but with a stud arrangement to a range of joysticks:

i-BQDXFLB.png

Seimitsu SE - Fits: LS-32/LS-32-01, LS-34/LS-34-01, LS-40/LS-40-01.
Seimitsu SE-P40 - Fits: LS-55/LS-55-01, LS-56/LS-56-01, LS-58/LS-58-01 and LS-60
Sanwa JLF-P-1 for the JLF

Mounting studs for the joysticks have increased to take into account the ~7mm spacers you'll need to use to achieve the correct joystick height.

Vewlix_1L7B_V2_Fixed.dxf
i-RXgQ8VG-XL.png

I've taken as much care as possible to ensure all dimensions are correct and I've printed multiple scaled .dxfs off to confirm accuracy. I'm as confident as I can be without actually getting a panel cut and offering up overlays etc. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who gets one cut so I can update the model if required.

All Vewlix files are available [here]

I'll be adding some custom Vewlix control panel .dxfs once I've finished designing them.

Sega Mini Cab Parts:

I modelled up a few control panels and miscellaneous parts up for the Sega Mini Cabs; Dino King, Love & Berry, Mushiking - They can be downloaded [here].

Marquee Holders:

I've started to draw up and upload some marquee holders. Currently available:

Astro City / Astro City 2 / New Astro City
Capcom Cute
Cyberlead
Exceleena / II
Egret 2/3/AWSD
Naomi - Not 100% accurate, I modelled up my own version a few years back. There is a photo in the directory of a marquee on a cab that was cut from the files.
Taito Vewlix
Irem Madonna

Marquee files are available [here].

Last edited:
do you know the actual dimensions on that Virtual On panel?

I've heard that the layout floating around online is not accurate to the legit panel; though I'm also not sure if the VO OMG and the VO OT panels use the same dimensions.

I have a VO OT panel that I can confirm against

That's dope Franco. Nice one man.

defor helped me with the Virtua On panel. He took some overhead photos of his panel for me and I imported them into AutoCAD, scaled them and took the measurements from there. This isn't the most accurate method due to camera angles etc but it's the best I could do without the panel to hand.

I've noted the dimensions on the picture below. Please do check them against yours.

I'm not sure exactly which Virtua On panel defor has, I'll see if I can find out in case there are differences between the VO panels.

i-MZjGhRq.png

Awesome work, thank you for sharing these.

Any chance you have a layout for a Vewlix CP? I want to make some custom panels for my Vewlix Cabs.

I'm afraid I haven't. I managed to find a sketchup model but the CP doesn't look very accurate.

Has any one seen or does anyone know of any accurate models out there?

Failing that, if you wanted to trace one of your panels (ideally on squared or graph paper) you could then scan or send it to me and I can draw it for you.

Added:

VEWLIX CONTROL PANELS

Modelled from a E3102171A 2L14B panel kindly donated by Derick2k

Vewlix_2l14B.dxf
i-svkQ2j7.png

Standard 2L14B panel for use with E3018350A joystick brackets.

Vewlix_Mounting_Plate_E3018350A.dxf
i-gzjcsJ7.png

E3018350A joystick brackets for use with E3102171A panels.

Vewlix_2L14B_V2.dxf
i-JXBp2k3.png

Identical to the E3102171A but with a stud arrangement to a range of joysticks:

i-BQDXFLB.png

Seimitsu SE - Fits: LS-32/LS-32-01, LS-34/LS-34-01, LS-40/LS-40-01.
Seimitsu SE-P40 - Fits: LS-55/LS-55-01, LS-56/LS-56-01, LS-58/LS-58-01 and LS-60
Sanwa JLF-P-1 for the JLF

Mounting studs for the joysticks have increased to take into account the ~7mm spacers you'll need to use to achieve the correct joystick height.

I've taken as much care as possible to ensure all dimensions are correct and I've printed multiple scaled .dxfs off to confirm accuracy. I'm as confident as I can be without actually getting a panel cut and offering up overlays etc. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who gets one cut so I can update the model if required.

All Vewlix files are available [here]

I'll be adding some custom Vewlix control panel .dxfs once I've finished designing them.

thank you very much. It is great source.
And if is it possible to share with us for the Egret 2 Control Panel if you have it ?

Thanks again

Awesome Work Franko B,

Just wanted to thank you.

I've been makin new panels for My Naomi & Net city cabinets, but these have been done by hand with an anglegrinder.
Hopefully i can get a friend of mine to lasercut from these drawings instead.

So once again, HUGE thanks for sharing :D

thank you very much. It is great source.
And if is it possible to share with us for the Egret 2 Control Panel if you have it ?

Thanks again
Sorry, I don't have files for the E2 CP.

Added to the OP:

Marquee Holders:

I've started to draw up and upload some marquee holders. Currently available:

Capcom Cute
Cyberlead
E2 - Suitable for Egret 2/3/AWSD
NAC - Suitable for Astro City / Astro City 2 / New Astro City
Naomi - Not 100% accurate, I modelled up my own version a few years back. There is a photo in the directory of a marquee on a cab that was cut from the files.

Marquee files [here]

Anyone got the dimensions for a Vewlix Marquee holder?

I'm also looking for a Vewlix marquee holder.
Any update on the matter?

Apologies guys, I didn't see your posts. I do have a couple of original Vewlix marquee holders now so I'll look at getting it modelled up. I've also been asked to model up the Irem Madonna marquee holder, I've dug my old template out of storage and I should hopefully be uploading that before too long too.

Updates:

* After feedback with the Vewlix panels files I have reduced the overall width by 3mm to fit the CP recess better. If you have the older files please delete them and replace with the _Fixed suffixed files.

* Sega Mini Cab Parts: I modelled up a few control panels and miscellaneous parts up for the Sega Mini Cabs; Dino King, Love & Berry, Mushiking - Added to the OP.

* I've updated all links to the various folders after a Google Drive security update made them all invalid, they should all be accessible now. Any problems, just let me know.

Added - Vewlix marquee holder

Vewlix_Marquee_Holder_Main_5mm:

Vewlix_Marquee_Holder_Main-M.jpg

Vewlix_Marquee_Holder_Sheet_0.5mm

Vewlix_Marquee_Holder_Sheet-M.jpg

Vewlix_Marquee_Holder_Support_1mm

Vewlix_Marquee_Holder_Support-M.jpg

Vewlix_Marquee_Holder_All

Vewlix_Marquee_Holder_All-M.jpg

By request I've modelled up my version of the Irem Madonna marquee holder.

Irem_Madonna_Repro2-L.jpg

Irem_Madonna_Repro4-M.jpg

The one at the top is the original, the other photos are of my repro. The original Is a single piece of thick acrylic with a bent steel back piece that bolts to the top cab and keeps the whole marquee holder in place. I couldn't repro that part to I made mine from two 2mm sheets and then made a bracket from aluminum section that bolts to both the marquee holder and the top of the cab.

Marquee DXF:

Madonna_Marquee_Bracket_3-L.png

Bracket dimensions:

Madonna_Marquee_Bracket_1-XL.png

Madonna_Marquee_Bracket_2-M.png

Thank you for sharing! My Vewlix is in need of a Marquee holder.

What is the purpose of the "Vewlix_Marquee_Holder_Support_1mm"? I'm looking at my cab but since I've never seen a marquee holder before, I'm not sure how it is mounted and I can't tell from the manual either.

No problem :thumbup:

The 'Vewlix_Marquee_Holder_Support_1mm' is a 1mm thick piece of what looks to be acrylic that is bonded at the bottom of the main marquee holder:

20230614_091139-L.jpg

I assume its there to act as a ledge so that the artwork can rest on it and not drop down.

Back