What's new

Niko

Champion
Reaction score
Here is a Tetris Grand Master 3 standalone drive image for the TypeX2.

What this means ( standalone ), is that the drive boots directly into the game without any user intervention, just like an official game drive.

Just extract the image, write it to a HDD/SSD using the "HDD Raw Copy Tool" and enjoy. :thumbsup:

Download: HERE (Save Issue Fixed!)

Notes:
Because Tetris Grand Master 3 is originally a TypeX game which was developed for an ATI card using OpenGL. There are some very minor "differences" when it comes to some of the graphics. One user pointed out that the firework animations arn't quite as big as they should be. There might be other minor glitches/differences but I havent noticed any.

As far as input goes, this game communicates directly with your JVS I/O board. Just as it would on the TypeX with an official drive. Any "lag" you might notice is going to be due to "display lag" assuming your using a LCD, the game, or something in between your controls and the JVS I/O.

Last edited:
It says 60GB but file is way smaller. What grafic card do i need to buy? thanks

it says 60gb as that is the size of the img completely decompressed its also the minimum size drive you need with our editing the img yourself

As for the gpu the img will be setup for the standard 7900gs found in most ttx2s

Hi Niko!

Thank you for the new image.

I've make a try. Game boot well, no graphic glitch.

However, game can't save anything (user profil, high score or game settings).

With v1.1b, TGM3 work well with my setup.

Ah so this works with card already installed? I always thiught it needs a different card than the other games

But The game needs a seperate drive? I cant add it to the arcademodbios multi drive?

It really is Xmas in July ...

This is fan-fcuking-tastic !!

What do you mean?

I currently have the normal arcademodbios multi in my ttx2 and want to know how i can add this game to my multi ...

it is stated that this game has issues on multi drives because of the nvida driver used on a normal X2

This is then Labled As a "Standalone Game image" that uses a different driver, just so this game works.

Hi Niko!

Thanks for pointing out the game save issue, I will fix that in the coming days.

Will this work on a TTX+ or do I need to wait for a Type-X multi?

Hi Niko!

Thanks for pointing out the game save issue, I will fix that in the coming days.
Is the current image the save-fixed image? Just trying to figure out if I should download this version or just wait until there's a fixed one :).

Thanks, per usual, for all that you do.

Hi Niko!

Is the current image the save-fixed image? Just trying to figure out if I should download this version or just wait until there's a fixed one :).
Thanks, per usual, for all that you do.
Sorry, I've been really busy lately.

I'll have the save fix version up soon.

Nice! Did you inject TTX2 drivers into the original TGM3 disk image or did you take a TTX2 disk image and inject TGM3?

I took a TTX2 drive image updated the drivers to add the needed OpenGL support and then included TGM3.

Also, I have fixed the save data issue. I'm making a new image now and should have it up here in a few hours.

Back