What's new
Hi are you a granse darksoft;
then maximu speed tested and works perfectly with naomi2
While faster than speed part but once the credits does not receive the start command player1;

Please test them and let us know how they work for you.
I'll be sure to give feedback when I get a chance to try them. It may be a while. My little amount of free time gets to be devoted to either working on projects OR playing games. At the moment I've been prioritizing projects, which in some ways are more fun to me than playing games!

Do you find it to be the same for you? Like do you enjoy converting the Atomiswave games to Naomi more than you do spending time playing them? I would guess a lot of your motivation is to be able to personally play them, and utilize what you've accomplished yourself, but surely you enjoy the challenge or you wouldn't do it.

I'll be sure to give feedback when I get a chance to try them. It may be a while. My little amount of free time gets to be devoted to either working on projects OR playing games. At the moment I've been prioritizing projects, which in some ways are more fun to me than playing games!
Do you find it to be the same for you? Like do you enjoy converting the Atomiswave games to Naomi more than you do spending time playing them? I would guess a lot of your motivation is to be able to personally play them, and utilize what you've accomplished yourself, but surely you enjoy the challenge or you wouldn't do it.
I feel the same way. The art of discovery seems more enjoyable than playing the actual games...

I'll be sure to give feedback when I get a chance to try them. It may be a while. My little amount of free time gets to be devoted to either working on projects OR playing games. At the moment I've been prioritizing projects, which in some ways are more fun to me than playing games!Do you find it to be the same for you? Like do you enjoy converting the Atomiswave games to Naomi more than you do spending time playing them? I would guess a lot of your motivation is to be able to personally play them, and utilize what you've accomplished yourself, but surely you enjoy the challenge or you wouldn't do it.
I feel the same way. The art of discovery seems more enjoyable than playing the actual games...
Yes, should be that. Challenge, contribution to the community and then playing a little whenever I can, although trust me, after troubleshooting some of these, you don't want to play the game again :)

What IO are you using. It tests great with a Type 1 Sega JVS IO.

Where do I go to find out what hardware I need and how to set it up to run ATomisWave roms that have been created here ?

I'm a little confused as to how it make it all work so I don't know what to look for when buying an AW

Where is the beginner thread ? :)

You need a full Naomi 1 netbooting or CF setup to use these conversions. Naomi 2 will also work. No AW needed.

@Darksoft I'm not in any position to appreciate your work on converting shooting games at the moment since I'm not set up to play them, but I have an Atomiswave with Extreme Hunting and enjoy it, though Extreme Hunting 2 is much better from what I've played on an emulator. Do you not have any interest in converting either of these games? Maybe I'm the only person on the planet who enjoys them? And I'm not even into hunting in real life. :P

With my NAOMI 2, Maximum Speed boots and plays great!

Faster than Speed is having the same test menu cycle issue for me that was reported in the dedicated troubleshooting thread for FTS.

Thanks so much for your contribution to the community!

Edit: Faster Than Speed works perfectly! It was an I/O issue. I have a coin meter removed from my cab that I forgot about. When I used my custom I/O, it worked, so I suspect it was a coin meter issue with my stock I/O.

Last edited:
@Darksoft Do you not have any interest in converting either of these games? Maybe I'm the only person on the planet who enjoys them? And I'm not even into hunting in real life. :P
I think Darksoft wait for some testing and fine-tuning on real hardware for clay and Sports Shooting before going on ?
As soon as i get a new naomi MB, i'm going do to that at least :)

Here goes a crazy feature request:
Is there any way on the driving games to manage the force feedback protocol through some port on the NAOMI? I don't know if it's a protocol that requires input and output or just output, but it would be awesome to have access to the communication and interface it with some external hardware.

One of my eventual goals is coming up with a protocol translator that works with the ubiquitous Sega MIDI force feedback setup, and if I had a way of receiving force feedback commands from the A2N games, I could potentially translate the protocol into something usable with my as yet undeveloped device.

I understand that it could be a lot of work implementing something like this and it's debatable whether or not it would be worth it for the 2 Atomiswave titles. Probably most people are not even booting them up in a driving cabinet.

One other feature that would be of interest to me, and probably no one else, would be JVS GPIO output commands for button lamps. I noticed the start button doesn't illuminate for the drivers. Is there an equivalent feature on the stock cabs? Or maybe is it issuing GPIO outputs and my cab just doesn't align? I'd have to check the JVS communication for my I/O to see what it's getting.

One other feature that would be of interest to me, and probably no one else, would be JVS GPIO output commands for button lamps. I noticed the start button doesn't illuminate for the drivers. Is there an equivalent feature on the stock cabs? Or maybe is it issuing GPIO outputs and my cab just doesn't align? I'd have to check the JVS communication for my I/O to see what it's getting.
I guess it could be done, but first the rest of things must work 100%.

@Darksoft I'm not in any position to appreciate your work on converting shooting games at the moment since I'm not set up to play them, but I have an Atomiswave with Extreme Hunting and enjoy it, though Extreme Hunting 2 is much better from what I've played on an emulator. Do you not have any interest in converting either of these games? Maybe I'm the only person on the planet who enjoys them? And I'm not even into hunting in real life. :P
I am not sure how Darksoft will emulate the NETWORK BOARD required to play Extreme Hunting 2... without the board it will not even load on real hardware.

I am not sure how Darksoft will emulate the NETWORK BOARD required to play Extreme Hunting 2... without the board it will not even load on real hardware.
Does it need to be emulated or does the check simply need to be disabled?

Does it need to be emulated or does the check simply need to be disabled?
I played it a few years ago in demul. I wonder how they're handling it. Maybe just skipping a check, like you're saying?

Back