What's new
Hey guys, thanks for the awesome work on these conversions. I do have a question about Metal Slug 6. I got the BIN to flash on my Net DIMM with no issue but it seems that I can only get to TEST mode. When I select exit it restarts and goes back to test mode. I checked for others with a similar problem but found nothing.

I have a 512 MB 4.02 Net DIMM on a Naomi 1 with BIOS 21576H and a JVS v1 I/O board. Many other games work without issue, a few won't work or have graphical issues, and a couple, apparently, need a 31k monitor.

Is there something I am supposed to do to get it to game mode?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm running pretty much that exact same setup (4.01 BIOS not 4.02 but the only difference is CF boot)

Are you sure your MS6 ROM is good? When I load MS6 it loads from the RPi, NAOMI reboots after it's loaded and verifies, reboots again straight into the game with the Atomiswave logo.

Well, I am not using the MS6 from this thread but I am using one that was linked on these boards in this post:
naomi netboot roms

They are exactly the same size so I figured they are the same file and didn't want to flash the NetDIMM again with bad data. I did take out the spaces in the filename before I tried to flash the Net DIMM. Could that be an issue? I didn't think the filename really mattered.

Thanks for the reply. :)

post a pic or a link to the pic of the IO that you have. If it's a Capcom JVS that behaviour that you mentioned rings a bell.

Here's a shot of my I/O board.

Attachments

• 20180305_194251.jpeg
    20180305_194251.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 367
Hi Darksoft,

Many many thanks for your awesome work. I could say that millions of time it wouldn't be enough regarding what you bring to arcade fans.

I've got a question : I read the Atomiswave expansion cartridge is basically an interface to the Maple bus. Do you intend to implement the Lightgun support through JVS to work with the Naomi-based hardware or with the original Atomiswave hardware through the Maple connectors on the rear of the Naomi ?

Thanks for al the work darksoft . I do have one question though, I remembered that you ported fist of the North Star at some point . I don’t see it in the original post anymore and it is one of the reasons I got a Naomi set up. Would it be possible for you or someone else to give me a link to the download . Thank you .

I see my problem, the first post has a slight formatting error I never noticed Tthank you.

Hey guys I just got my Naomi 2 Pi setup with Capcom I/O, but many Atomiswave games do not seem to work. I was told they worked on this setup when it was in a Naomi 1. Is there an easy way to get this to work? One game in particular, FOTNS, seems like it should work on the Naomi 2 to begin with.

Ah......reminds me of the days I wasted trying to make those AW games work on the N2, while they worked great on a N1 I had, could not get them to work at all on 3 N2 motherboards.

I rather there was a multi cart or a reflashable cart for the AW.

Maybe someone reworks the AW conversions to better support running on Naomis.

Ah......reminds me of the days I wasted trying to make those AW games work on the N2, while they worked great on a N1 I had, could not get them to work at all on 3 N2 motherboards.

I rather there was a multi cart or a reflashable cart for the AW.

Maybe someone reworks the AW conversions to better support running on Naomis.
Well, believe it or not, using a VGA cable direct from the Naomi 2 to my TV (by passing the HAS and OSSC) made FOTNS work, but not the other AW games.

Do I need to mess with settings or is it the way they were converted? Do I need to change my bios maybe?

You can try different bios to see if it helps. Certain games do/some dont work. @MetalliC & @brizzo are the 2 guys I know that could possibly shed some light as to why some conversions work on certain N1,N2 boards and not on others. I think it had something to do with some ram timings or something like that.

All games work on Naomi 2. It must be that you're netbooting. I always loaded via CF.
Yes, I am net booting via a Pi3. So NB doesn't have the same results as CF? Ugh, Naomi is a pain... I will look into a CF solution!

Back