What's new
While I agree net booting Naomi is a somewhat pain, I find that the great selection of games more than makes up for it.

I think we're just getting spoiled... :D

And hopefully more spoiled with a multi-cart... someday.

Oh, and I just posted about Naomi HERE.

@xtrasmiley make sure you have latest Bios. That problem of games not booting is related also to the version of bios used.

@[u]@xtrasmiley[/u] make sure you have latest Bios. That problem of games not booting is related also to the version of bios used.
He has my old set up. Whatever multiBIOS was the latest about 4 months ago. Played all the Atomiswave games on a N1 mobo, literally lifted the NetDIMM and pi up off the N1 and put them on the N2, only other change was adding VF4 to the SD Card. I didn't really play the cab that much other than MvC2 ,hence me parting it out, so I didn't realize the Atomiswave games were questionable on N2 hardware.

If there is a new N2 MultiBIOS I'll pay for someone to ship it to him.

I got the Atomiswave games all running on a Naomi 2. I am using the latest Bios and zero/null pic from Werejag. I did have to run the gauntlet of changing out power supplies and JVS' before I found a combination that worked. I posted pictures of this on my project. I found you can use just about any PSU and JVS on Naomi / Naomi 2 games but the Atomiswave games are VERY picky.

@Darksoft who do we need to talk to about getting games converted for use? I think there was another Naomi game released or extra one added because when I got my latest DEMUL build there was a Giant Tetris (tetgiant) added. Although it's listed as a Sega System SP along with the Dino King games.

I got the Atomiswave games all running on a Naomi 2. I am using the latest Bios and zero/null pic from Werejag. I did have to run the gauntlet of changing out power supplies and JVS' before I found a combination that worked. I posted pictures of this on my project. I found you can use just about any PSU and JVS on Naomi / Naomi 2 games but the Atomiswave games are VERY picky.
THIS CAN'T BE SAID LOUDER!!!! I had this same issue. I had different JVS setups, PSUs, cables, roms all tested.
I was wired using Jansen's Custom's ATX to power supply converter. I split off the one 6 pin CN2 and fed in it's own power supply I built from a Dreamcast PSU.
That solved every single issue I had with signal stability. Even replacing the ATX PSU didn't seem to help much.
Wiring from my supergun with a Suzo130W PSU from Capcom IO to Naomi2 plus the Dreamcast PSU really helped as well.
Everything boots with exception of RumbleFish1. Still can't get that to kick over.

Just a word of caution. I tried four different JVS before I found one that seems fully compatible.

JVS FIndings..

First was a Sega 838-13683-02 which worked fine but be sure of what version you have and how you wire up the kick harness. I ended up ditching this JVS.

Second was a Sega/Capcom V2 JVS I had that the sound did not work on. This would play all Naomi 1 and 2 games but every single Atomiswave game would hang up on a black screen at the game loaded. The Atomiswave logo did not even come up.

Third was a Japanese Sega/Capcom V1 JVS. Completely working. This would play all Naomi 1 and 2 games but every single Atomiswave game would hang up on a black screen at the game loaded. The Atomiswave logo did not even come up.

Fourth was a US Sega/Capcom V2 JVS. Completely working. Eureka! So far every game that should run in this cabinet (Horizontal, 2 player, digital joystick/buttons) runs just fine.

The Sun power supply I ended up using is like a 4amp power supply .. it's odd but I never noticed until I had a couple of different Sun power supplies but they actually came in three models. A 2amp, 3amp, and 4amp model (on the +12vdc .. I will take pictures of the labels if I remember later) . Not sure what games these all came from but when I took them apart to clean them and change the fans they are definitely different inside.

Last edited:
Fourth was a US Sega/Capcom V2 JVS. Completely working. Eureka! So far every game that should run in this cabinet (Horizontal, 2 player, digital joystick/buttons) runs just fine.

The Sun power supply I ended up using is like a 4amp power supply .. it's odd but I never noticed until I had a couple of different Sun power supplies but they actually came in three models. A 2amp, 3amp, and 4amp model. Not sure what games these all came from but when I took them apart to clean them and change the fans they are definitely different inside.
I have a US Sega/Capcom V2 as well.
The stock Naomi Sega IO was hot garbage, but the Capcom IO was golden for just about every single game I tested that was known to work.

@psykom1 Who did you get your Bios and zero/null pic from or what file did you use?

Trying to find the common denominator for a successful set up.

Attachments

• 20180802_162628.jpg
    20180802_162628.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 247
what JVS is that @psykom1? Most of the issues that I found were always related to the version of the BIOS and the JVS used. AW conversions dont like the Capcom JVS.

AW conversions dont like the Capcom JVS.
I disagree. Currently I am using a US Sega/Capcom JVS (v2 I believe) and it runs all the AW conversions I have thrown at it! My Japanese Sega/Capcom JVS' do not like them however.

I think mine is the same version as his. I will check when I get home.

That was my experience. If it's not that, maybe you can narrow it to something else in this case.

Every issue I've come across with AW conversions not working has been related to an incorrectly configured zeroPIC or 3.3v power not being bang on what the NAOMI wants

For some reason it's even more sensitive about it for the AW stuff

@Darksoft It's one that came with an American Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Naomi kit.
My current setup is a Naomi 2 with this IO and everything else I listed on the other page.
I can play almost any AW game I can throw at it providing I give it beefy power supply as noted.

I'll pull more info when I get home later and I'll be happy to test what I have to certify what works and what doesn't

The only picture I have of the IO is the one here...
It's the US variant that I sent a screen cap of in my last post as well.

Attachments

• 20180803_094633.jpg
    20180803_094633.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 293
OK took pictures of everything..

Yup same make and model
5CHsyEyl.jpg

It's the US version
WLlSs3Il.jpg

Here is the power supply I am using
lYJTF9el.jpg

It's got more juice than this one
PC0WjIUl.jpg

and I actually have one more different power supply but Its buried somewhere.

Here is my bios and dip switch settings
GqhZ9Vwl.jpg

and my zero/null pic is the one Werejag uses.

I am using the default piforce-web-v1.2.img with a 32GB Sandisk Ultra Plus SD card.

NetDIMM is upgraded to 4.02 with 512MB RAM
0TkrhC4l.jpg

I do have the reset relay installed also.

it also seems the only game I cant get to run is The Rumblefish 1 and Samurai Shodown does not load every time .. sometimes I have to do it 2-3 times to start.

When I had problems booting AW it turned out to be my bios. I use the Capcom IO with no problems.

Just curious what are you all running for 3.3VDC and 5VDC ?

Back