Pinned Latest news on Atomiswave 2 Naomi

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Keen to play them, but we’re they being saved for reproduction use only? Don’t want to upset anyone.
      Multis: CPS-1, CPS-2, CPS-3, F3, S16, ST-V, MVS, AES, M72, Crystal System, G-Net, Naomi, TTX2
      PVMs: 2043MD, 20M2MDA, 20L2MD
      Devices: Sentinel Gold / Ultracade uVC / JAMMAizer! / Framemeister XRGB-mini
      PCBs: VAPS Profile
    • Darksoft wrote:

      @brizzo do we know who released those fake images?
      Indeed, and they are not fake. Buggy and slow, but not fake.

      Dache wrote:

      They're not fake, people are certainly playing them and uploading new footage of the two games. The link I saw was on archive.org, so could be hard to track down who it was.
      Kind of a shame people are experiencing them as conversions, they play no where near how they do on the AW.

      djsheep wrote:

      Keen to play them, but we’re they being saved for reproduction use only? Don’t want to upset anyone.
      They were being saved until we could get our hands on all of the unreleased games, but that may be in jeopardy now as these were not supposed to be shared. My heart sank so hard when I saw the images were posted. So much goes on behind the scenes to get these things preserved. Violation of trust will create a huge hurdle now... There are other games we know about and have seen beyond Kenju, Force Five, Chicago 1929, Premier Eleven, and Sushi Bar (prototype released)...
    • brizzo wrote:

      They were being saved until we could get our hands on all of the unreleased games, but that may be in jeopardy now as these were not supposed to be shared. My heart sank so hard when I saw the images were posted. So much goes on behind the scenes to get these things preserved. Violation of trust will create a huge hurdle now... There are other games we know about and have seen beyond Kenju, Force Five, Chicago 1929, Premier Eleven, and Sushi Bar (prototype released)...
      Damn. Really? So we risk seeing some new undumped games, because someone who was not supposed to share them, did actually share them. Very poor, if you ask me.
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • Dache wrote:

      The link I saw was on archive.org, so could be hard to track down who it was.

      Except it's not anonymous. It's an old friend of the forum.

      brizzo wrote:

      So much goes on behind the scenes to get these things preserved.

      The problem is from looking outside in, it just looks like you have your own boys club and you don't really want to share anything anything. So much info falls through the cracks (some even get added into Mame and then taken out). You really need to put a tighter lid on your operation.

      Personally, I don't care either way, I'm just saying. I can absolutely live without these games.

      Also, I still don't get how you guys on the A-P mod team allow selling conversions of dumps that you keep private. That's something I'll never understand.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by nem ().

    • brizzo wrote:

      Chicago 1929

      Galloping Ghost has a full, original cab of this, have there been any efforts to contact them about dumping their copy?
      Buy 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Projects: instagram | blog
      Games: VAPS | VOOT | UMK3 | RFM | Vewlix | FiF Jr. | KI2 | E29 | Net City | DDR | Flash Beats
      Wanted | For Sale/Trade
    • nem wrote:

      I think all of the five games that were mentioned have been dumped.
      I think he was talking about games OTHER THAN those 5





      There are other games we know about and have seen beyond [the 5 games listed]
      Buy 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Projects: instagram | blog
      Games: VAPS | VOOT | UMK3 | RFM | Vewlix | FiF Jr. | KI2 | E29 | Net City | DDR | Flash Beats
      Wanted | For Sale/Trade
    • While I was not keen on getting "cart" versions of Kenju and Force Five games as my only actual Atomiswave motherboard is in a my AW shooting cab, and I run an Naomi 2 NetBoot in my AW stick and button cab. I was hoping to see a proper release for the NetBooting system as I heard that there are varying versions of the patched BIN files and some work and some are buggy.

      From my friends that have been to Galloping Ghost in Chicago area say that Chicago 1929 is a complete cab but the game has an un-finished feel to it. Plus I don't have an AW driving cab .. yet.
      -My Stuff-
      Capcom Big Blue (Gen 2) (Launchbox with only Capcom games)
      Namco cab (Namco System 246)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Atomiswave (Naomi 2 Multi)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Sega Blast City
      NASCAR twin sitdowns (Xbox 360)
      Blue Chewlix (Launchbox and Steam)
      Red Chewlix (JVS set up)
      Sharpshooter (Dedicated)

      Korean Crowin 302 (empty) * Plastics and dual res chassis & tube available*
    • nem wrote:

      The problem is from looking outside in, it just looks like you have your own boys club and you don't really want to share anything anything.
      you should know - almost all of mentioned games not owned by Shou or Brizzo. these game's owners not altruistic, games was borrowed from owners for dumping (or dumped by owners using equipment developed and sent by us) at certain conditions:
      - developing for each of them full set of unreleased games on reproduction cartridges. and it should be good and quality repros - in nice looking cases, with cool arts, etc.
      and only after that dumps may be shared to public.
      but, these conditions still not met, and amount of work on repro carts still pending.

      I highly doubt you (or someone else) want to join "boys club" and invest a lot of personal time or/and money in the project, with no direct benefits, like we did.
    • nem wrote:

      I think all of the five games that were mentioned have been dumped.
      Correct, all 5 games that had promo materials but were never official released have been dumped.

      nem wrote:

      Would be interesting to know if this whole "keeping dumps private" has actually panned any trades?
      Absolutely. At least 10 games so far this year. Money doesn't buy rare and desirable games from top tier collectors. Trading is the currency of choice.

      MetalliC wrote:

      I highly doubt you (or someone else) want to join "boys club" and invest a lot of personal time or/and money in the project, with no direct benefits, like we did.
      Haha, it is a major investment of your life. You know what I've done to solve AW mysteries, but others will not understand spending thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars to make it all happen.
    • brizzo wrote:

      ..., but others will not understand spending thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars to make it all happen.
      I for one do appreciate all the time and hard work and money that all of you spend to save these games even if I never get to play them.

      One thing I don't understand is if everyone would just release their games then there would be no reason to "trade" for them...but I guess it's just all part of the "game".

      :D
      MB4L 8)
    • The collectors at this level collect games the same way others collect artwork, cars or other super high end items.

      They collect what doesn't exist. They seek out the rarest of the rare and pay what they need to so they can have something no one else has.

      The only way to get them to part with these is to trade them something even more exclusive.
    • MetalliC wrote:

      games was borrowed from owners for dumping (or dumped by owners using equipment developed and sent by us) at certain conditions:
      - developing for each of them full set of unreleased games on reproduction cartridges. and it should be good and quality repros - in nice looking cases, with cool arts, etc.
      and only after that dumps may be shared to public.


      I don't get it, what's in it for the collectors? Why would they want you to you make repros out of them? I don't see how a repro (however nice) has any value to a collector. Your turning something that's rare and unavailable to something that's not. That's like a cardinal sin in the collector world.

      MetalliC wrote:

      I highly doubt you (or someone else) want to join "boys club" and invest a lot of personal time or/and money in the project, with no direct benefits, like we did.


      First off, I wouldn't make too many assumptions of people I don't know. Secondly, what does direct benefits even mean? Money, somekind of end product? Unless you're being paid or someone is holding a gun to your head, more than likely you're doing things out of your own volition. You're smart guys, I seriously doubt you would invest time and / or money for absolutely nothing. And if we expand your silly competition to include a project instead of the project (which is yours and I have nothing to do with), then I would score pretty fucking high in investing time and money in to something I haven't directly benefited from at all. I'll gladly give you a tour if you come by.

      brizzo wrote:

      Absolutely. At least 10 games so far this year. Money doesn't buy rare and desirable games from top tier collectors. Trading is the currency of choice.


      Awesome. So obviously the ends justify the means.

      xodaraP wrote:

      They collect what doesn't exist. They seek out the rarest of the rare and pay what they need to so they can have something no one else has.

      The only way to get them to part with these is to trade them something even more exclusive.


      I don't see why anyone would ever trade with the Dumping Union. Sounds to me like a deal with the devil :P

      Anyway, like I said, I don't really care either way. Sushi Bar I would love to play, but I have enough puzzle games to last me a life time. If you feel you're on the right track with this, then god speed. However, maybe dial down announcing what you guys have if the common man won't ever get to play them. It's like dangling a carrot at the end of a stick, and most of these were dumped, what, three years ago? That's a long time. That'll definitely give fuel to guys like that one annoying person.

      And before anyone thinks otherwise, I really appreciate the work of the Dumping Union, don't get me wrong. I try make my meager contributions to it every chance I get. I know others feel the same, because I regularly see guys being credited that I know from here. I'm just trying to understand the plan you have for your "trading cards". And of course, you don't really have to indulge me on these matters.
    • I have got to echo nem's (and others) frustration with these (and other withheld shit)
      The wait, the bullshit etc and now this hacked up release it's a joke really, they should of been upped the day they were dumped.

      Brizzo wrote:

      Kind of a shame people are experiencing them as conversions, they play no where near how they do on the AW.
      This, but that's what you get for withholding.
      Hacks are different but the unhacked versions are what really need to be out there.
      Instead crappy hack versions get circulated and the real shit will get forgotten.

      Nem wrote:

      The problem is from looking outside in, it just looks like you have your own boys club and you don't really want to share anything anything. So much info falls through the cracks (some even get added into Mame and then taken out). You really need to put a tighter lid on your operation.
      Or just stop the silly 'operations'.... Just because someone have rare games (or piles of cash) does not mean throw ethics out the window.
      You either work with the community or against it, this just annoys everyone in the community who is not involved and just gets silly pictures from time to time.

      MetalliC wrote:

      - developing for each of them full set of unreleased games on reproduction cartridges. and it should be good and quality repros - in nice looking cases, with cool arts, etc.
      and only after that dumps may be shared to public.
      I guess the hold up is finding the original artists to make the flyers, the carts have been working since before this forum existed.


      Brizzo wrote:

      Trading is the currency of choice.
      Does this mean everyone needs to withhold dumps?
      As someone who has shared ALL original dumps from 100's of boards since 2005 and withheld nothing 'new' it's really shitty to watch.


      Nem wrote:

      Chicago 1929

      I don't see why anyone would ever trade with the Dumping Union. Sounds to me like a deal with the devil
      The dumping union is not this "boys club" you are looking for sadly, don't tar us all with the same brush please.

      DU Members are free to do what they want with there stuff and time unless it's paid for with donations or with other conditions (loaned boards etc).
      FWIW everything that gets posted to the dumping union is in mame normally within hours.

      If that was the case and the DU had the dumps they would be in mame and a real atomiswave fan would be enjoying a new game for his driving setup. 3 year ago.
    • MetalliC wrote:

      Hammy wrote:

      and a real atomiswave fan would be enjoying a new game for his driving setup. 3 year ago.
      enjoy how ? you can not play original dumps on Atomiswave. original AW dumps are totally useless in term of practical use.the only possible way to play teh games for free - convert it to NAOMI and use CF or Net boot.
      If the chinese can make a cart, and brizzo can make a cart i'm sure it's not that impossible.

      Let's be honest it's a lot easier to run on real AW hardware a clean dump than stripping the net boot hacks out.

      FWIW got here 4 atomiswave cabs and ZERO naomi systems, why the fuck would i want hacked versions?