What's new
I am puzzled this thing works with some of you....
It works for most people,so it's the opposite.

Well I tried JAP and Export Bios
Is there only 1 JAP or Export BIOS for Naomi 2? I'm sure there is more. I'll let you know which one I used when testing the games. Actually most of the games I converted using a Naomi2.
Hmm.. thats what I am curious about. If its really only with my systems. And why? Pretty much every other AW conversions work.

As for the bios: I tried 23605c which is Jap. The 23605c RF which is the Jap based regionfree and the 23608c which is Exp. AFAIK. Thats 3 and all had the same problems with Isuka.

@DenTarr my BIOS in Naomi2 is a 23608B.
So thats the same export bios just one revision older. Do you have the latest one (23608c) to test if it only works with older bios?
Also do you use CF card or Transfergame.exe with zerokey or the piforce tools?

Hello,

I can't test for a while, but I confirm that I tested them all with CF for sure and I'm pretty sure that I also did it with transfergame.exe

Then the only explanation that remains is the bios revision. You using B and me using C. Seems to be the only game where this makes a difference.

Transfergame.exe results in a crash after a few minutes of gameplay on both of my Naomi2.

In any case thanks a lot for all your work! :thumbup:

Yes, that's what I said, the problem is a timing issue. Different games take different time to boot and in some cases you enter an interrupt race.

So all games work well for you except GG Isuka, right?
It's all related to the timing (time it takes between power up and running the game).

Try with a different Naomi BIOS and let us know how it goes.

it also might be any kind of "undefined behavior" type of issue. for example, when game code may read some non-initialized RAM area, and read values will be hardware-specific (depends on RAM ICs model, vendor etc). or anything else similar to this.

also, are you sure all the hardware components is in good and working condition ? especially PSU

Yes, that's what I said, the problem is a timing issue. Different games take different time to boot and in some cases you enter an interrupt race.

So all games work well for you except GG Isuka, right?
Yep, everything else I tested works. (Aside from the stuff that needs special IO boards or complain about screen alignment)

it also might be any kind of "undefined behavior" type of issue. for example, when game code may read some non-initialized RAM area, and read values will be hardware-specific (depends on RAM ICs model, vendor etc). or anything else similar to this.

also, are you sure all the hardware components is in good and working condition ? especially PSU
I dare to exclude faulty hardware on my part. Mainly because I tried 2 different Naomi2 with different Dimm boards. Also one was in my Universal Cab (whith its own PSUs) and one was connected to a Capcom board/Supergun/external PSU. Also see above: everything else I tried seems to work.

I just tried my Naomi2 with a 23608b bios (which is AFAIK the last but one export bios for Naomi2).
Isuka did run for 2 fights and then it crashed. Black screen.

So it has to be something other than bios revision Id guess.

hten it must be the JVS card. Which one are you using?
In the Universal Cab there is the original Sega IO Board. And with my supergun I used the Jamma to JVS Rev A and also a Capcom Jamma to JVS.

In the cab Isuka crashes consistently when the fighting starts. With the Jamma Stuff it runs 1 sometimes 2 fights and then crashes.

Is there a Samurai Spirtis 6 patched rom to activate red blood?

Is there a Samurai Spirtis 6 patched rom to activate red blood?
Unlike Metal Slug 6, SS6 doesn’t have blood because this was right around the time iirc a school murder happened in Japan. Anyway, this influenced a lot of companies like Sega, who was SNK Playmore’s arcade distributor at the time. They told SNK Playmore who then told Yuki Enterprise (now known as Examu) to get rid of the blood and design around that. It’s why that game has a festival design and feel to it (you can see this in the stages as well),

This also affected the Guilty Gear XX series, and that’s why starting with Slash, Arc System Works removed the blood, probably at Sega’s behest. Back then Sega owned GGXX (but not Guilty Gear as a whole, which is how ASW made GG2 Overture for 360), and Sega owning GGXX is one of the reasons why ASW made Blazblue in the first place. They couldn’t make a follow up to something they didn’t own. Sega would later sell GGXX back to ASW. Sega also sold Rumblefish back to Dimps. So Sega does this quite a bit, but I don’t think they’ll be selling their IPs to Platinum Games though.

Sorry for this long blurb, but yeah SS6 never had blood to begin with, not for Atomiswave or PS2.

Hope this isn't annoying anyone on this thread, but I was playing with my naomi the other day and noticed that the game names for things like Maximum Speed are "AW2NAOMI".

Is there any reason why the game name isn't placed properly in the header like other naomi games, e.g "MAXIMUM SPEED", "MAXIMUM SPEED JAP", "MAXIMUM SPEED USA"?

The naomi headers are explained nicely here (although I'm sure you guys already have this info)

https://github.com/DragonMinded/netboot/blob/master/docs/naomi.md

IMO for future titles it would be nice to have them done like other Naomi games, and would mean the game name would show up in the settings menu properly.

If you wanted to publicise the project something like "AW2N MAXIMUM SPEED" would fit, and would still show where the ROM came from!

everything looks fine, but what about the opposite? About converting naomi to work on atomiswave? Don't tell me the first power stone couldn't work on it? Or Akatsuki Denkou Senki?

Anyway, there isn't a way to make something like a neosd on it? I know that Darksoft wanted to show hacking skills when the neosd was out, doing the same and adding an animated prisoner from metal slug, but here nobody have done it before. It's here (not only of course) we would need something alike, on an atomiswave, the successeur of the neo-geo. And I would be the first to buy it.

It's easier to modify an existing idea, harder to create from scratch, I know that for sure. It's useless to have plenty of the same object for a "modern vintage gamer". Plus, here it's possible without hacking a motherboard...

I'm just saying...

Atomiswave has half the ram of Naomi. I forget if there are any clock differences too. It wouldn’t work, unless you are actually porting it over like Naomi to Dreamcast.

Back